No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm not a fan of the weather.

Firestorm detected
ok let me afk chill in my ship
get bored waiting
alt-tab out and do something else for a few
get sucked into something else, remember about NMS 30m later
jump back in; storm is gone!
get 30 steps away from ship...firestorm detected...
I like we can put save points on the freighters now but my biggest fear has happened a few times.
I get on ship and do like a hour of shit/crafting/cooking odd shit up and leave pc.
PC goes into sleep mode.
Progress lost.
The game saves auto on all sorts of shit. I wish we had the option of setting timed saves on the freighter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I wanted to name this one something Trexx related (it even has Donkey in the native name) bur I dunno.

It has no boobs

(but neither does Trexx, I guess?)

1607974060660.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's worth getting the environmental suit shields. Can just recharge them on the fly and they will let you effectively function in any adverse weather.
Ya, I was being cheesy and skimped on shields just carrying around 100 ion batteries but some planets those storms are brutal. The specialized shields last much longer.
I have some of the shields, but initially I didn't use them much because of the need to recharge. At the time I first slotted them, I didn't have the dioxite, phosporous or batteries to keep chucking into them, I don't think.

I feel like I need to get rid of a few things, because 14 slots feels kind of tight. Maybe the movement mods, but I'm not sure.

1607974275773.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just installed on PS5. Runs SO much better. 4k60 makes all the difference.

Now I just have to get off this radiation induced panic planet I got started out on and will be back to business in no time.

As I play Cyberpunk 2077, and Demon souls, and Valhalla and Spiderman and........

Yeah there goes my plan on buying one game at a time, finishing it, and moving on to the next this new gen. That lasted about 3 hours. :(

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I feel like I need to get rid of a few things, because 14 slots feels kind of tight. Maybe the movement mods, but I'm not sure.

Don't forget that if you want, you can install suit mods in your regular inventory slots as well

• 1Blown

Cybsled

Same goes for ships. You can install mods in regular inventory if you run out of tech slot space

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I havent played in a while, but when I did it also mattered where you put your upgrades within your inventory. You wanted to keep them bundled up depending on what they did. Worth looking into a quick guide

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just installed on PS5. Runs SO much better. 4k60 makes all the difference.

Now I just have to get off this radiation induced panic planet I got started out on and will be back to business in no time.

As I play Cyberpunk 2077, and Demon souls, and Valhalla and Spiderman and........

Yeah there goes my plan on buying one game at a time, finishing it, and moving on to the next this new gen. That lasted about 3 hours. :(
Don’t forget all the free games on the ps plus collection!

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I havent played in a while, but when I did it also mattered where you put your upgrades within your inventory. You wanted to keep them bundled up depending on what they did. Worth looking into a quick guide
Well, that's one crazy thing I ran into recently with warp drive improvements. When I clustered them all together under the Tech section, I added a module and it overloaded. But when I moved it back to inventory, it acted as if that module was valid in addition to everything else. I thought the 'overload' was a hard-cap mechanic based on total # of modules, but I was thinking I had to be missing something, because it 100% gave me the additional +light year distance bonus while in inventory after overloading under Tech.

Now I'm moving modules around more, and I guess when they're 'linked' that you get some sort of % bonus to total values, so in this case I have a base 113.7 LY warp, with base module stats I should be at 438.7 LY, but with some 'linked' and one in my inventory, I'm well above that

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been playing this a lot throughout covid and the updates they've made have been so impressive. My current goals are to finish tricking out my exotic ships, and maxxing their inventory and tech slots. Its real easy to keep buying and scrapping every B A and S class that flies into the station and you get a ton of ship inventory augmentations. Don't do it on haulers though cuz you lose more money scrapping those.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, shuttles are the best bang for your buck in terms of scrapping. Freighters are the most overpriced. Fighters and Exploration are middle ground.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
On the upside, maybe CP2077 will be a little bit better when I finally get around to it, LOL

1608234917974.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have experience with the Photo Missions?

The mission log leads me to a system, but it won't lead me to a specific planet. The details are vague (geological formations, 'pictures that demonstrate the power of wind, water and tectonic movement'). I read that you have to take the pictures through the game-specific menu (so X then choose camera mode, instead of F12) but fuck me if I can find what planet and what formation.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Anyone have experience with the Photo Missions?

The mission log leads me to a system, but it won't lead me to a specific planet. The details are vague (geological formations, 'pictures that demonstrate the power of wind, water and tectonic movement'). I read that you have to take the pictures through the game-specific menu (so X then choose camera mode, instead of F12) but fuck me if I can find what planet and what formation.

I tried to do one once.... and gave the fuck up for the very reason you listed. Super vague information about where I was supposed to take the fucking picture.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Modules are weird, you can stack 3 bonus modules linked for a bonus. S class gives up to 4 stats and not every S class is the same. I know there is a way to change the rng but it seems cheesy so I just always buy S class when I find them at a new port and keep the best 3. In some cases yes you can pair a new block away from the existing without overload and it does add to the pool, although without linked bonus. Ship class matters as well like my S class fighter has 48main and 21 tech slots and each class improves base multiplier. Like a A class multi tool upgraded to S class( 10k,25k, 50k nanite upgrade path ) improves all stats without any other changes.

It's tedious but I can pump out 25k nanos in a hour or so by feeding the food dude in the anom station cooked foods nonstop.
While some of the advanced recipes give more, he seems fine eating 300 mystery meats ~ 40-120 nanos a bite.
The tainted dude resets daily back down to 5 million credits for coordinates so each day I buy 3. I don't need the faction nor the tainted metal so I run these entirely for the nano/freighter upgrades and decor BPs randomly from the large storage boxes on mission. I have 20ish storage augs and a dozen or so freighter augs saved up so far.
Just waiting to find my dream S class ship to use them.

Currently with 2 S class ships all slots unlocked and upgraded
S class multi tool although I am looking for one with a flamethrower built in( cannot buy or learn it have to find a tool with it )
and all suit slots unlocked including cargo.
over 2 billion credits and most of my 30 fleet fleet is now A/S.

To upgrade the freighter it is basically a warp pissing match jumping system to system until I find the design I want to replace my A class freighter.
Usually the ones you have to save from pirates are the more desired ones. It's a style thing only.

Eventually I'll get around to birthing a new star but I've done it so many times I am mostly focusing on the real core of the game which is to have my own little perfectly designed fleet and ship.

• 1Like