No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Mmm, trying this on xbx. Fun so far, bit arcade like. So... is it supposed to take forever to warp? FIrst time, just made the fuel cells. Set for a different system. Warp animation for 15 mins, lost my cool, shutdown sexbox. Bug or just gameplay?

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Mmm, trying this on xbx. Fun so far, bit arcade like. So... is it supposed to take forever to warp? FIrst time, just made the fuel cells. Set for a different system. Warp animation for 15 mins, lost my cool, shutdown sexbox. Bug or just gameplay?
I only play on PC. Have never had it take that long, but have noticed the first load up of the game file and the first time warping take a bit longer, but every subsequent time it's considerably faster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Eternal warps usually disguise loading issues. It is very rare, but your game has essentially locked up and the warp animation is just running on loop

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tracked down a used PS4 copy, got it installed and upgraded to PS5, ready for the PSVR2 release in a few weeks!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
These guys just don’t stop with the free updates. I wonder how they still make enough money to do this. Are people still buying enough of the game to justify this after all these years.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
These guys just don’t stop with the free updates. I wonder how they still make enough money to do this. Are people still buying enough of the game to justify this after all these years.

I love that these guys turned around an epic failure so well, and continue to do so waaaaay past the point it was necessary for redemption. Ballers.

november GIF

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I couldn't get into this game. Without being massively multiplayer, it all feels pointless.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Small staff and tons of sales, each free update generates new sales. They had sony exclusive money when the game came out as an indie size studio, they're definitely sitting on a huge surplus of cash right now.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Ya I had fun with it for a decent bit but I think I would've liked it so much more.
Yeah, a friend showed me all this stuff he had built. And while it was impressive, it's like no one will ever see this. Why bother?

Why not allow everyone to exist simultaneously in the universe? It's sure as hell big enough. I imagine there could be issues if everyone congregated to the same area, but I'm sure that's easily handled with some common techniques.

Cybsled

You can find other players - problem is the galaxy is so big that you never run across them randomly. The weekend events usually put everyone in the same system and people start to explore planets from there, so you can come across other players for weeks afterwards

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, a friend showed me all this stuff he had built. And while it was impressive, it's like no one will ever see this. Why bother?

Why not allow everyone to exist simultaneously in the universe? It's sure as hell big enough. I imagine there could be issues if everyone congregated to the same area, but I'm sure that's easily handled with some common techniques.
The first and only time I played I ran into tons of people in the hubs, but outside of events, I don’t believe I ever ran into people on planets I explored. I guess what I’m saying is, everyone does seem to exist simultaneously, but the design of the game is such that everyone is spread pretty thin.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They fix the issue of each world feeling the same? One had more water or acid rain etc. but felt like same small base and living creatures everywhere. Beat the game at launch and put it down.

Cybsled

They have added more variety. There are more weird worlds, new animals variety, etc

it is very different than launch. Usually the most desirable planet is a paradise planet with bioluminescent plant life

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They fix the issue of each world feeling the same? One had more water or acid rain etc. but felt like same small base and living creatures everywhere. Beat the game at launch and put it down.

Yeah WAY different now - you wouldn't even recognize it any longer. Tons to do. A gathering hub with tons of quests, tons of crafting options, pirates/space missions, freighters, vehicles on the ground, mech's, etc. And the planets all are very more varied from launch especially all the biotic life from trees and plants and such to animals.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You definitely run into tons of other players when you're doing the seasonal content, the Expeditions.

Cybsled

Technically you’re always online with randos unless you turn off that feature. You can host games that let you are your friends spawn near eachother, though. You’re still online with randos. You also have to upload your base to the servers to allow other players to find them

It’s scale as was stated. Each galaxy has millions of stars and there are multiple galaxies. The reason you don’t see many people outside hubs or shared expedition areas is because the odds are literally lotto levels

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I realize saying "millions" is usually adequate when describing something massive, but No Man's Sky is orders of magnitude bigger than that even. 256 galaxies, although almost everyone is in galaxy 1 "Euclid." Within each galaxy there are 4.2 billion regions (unique glyph addresses on the portal). Each region has a couple hundred solar systems, and each system has 2-6 planets/moons. I don't remember where I read it but someone calculated that at peak player volume it would still take over a million years for the player base to discover every planet.

It's a huger than huge play space which is why I think a lot of people like the expeditions since it puts everyone in the same areas.