[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Arakkis

N00b
OK, so why have you already condemned the new movies? JJ did alright with the new Star Trek movies. I don't think they will have anywhere near the impact the originals had, but I have enough faith in Disney's oversight of JJ with this IP that they will make at worst a passable film far better and more coherent than the prequels.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The most recent JJ Star Trek movie was a pile of shit. Totally rehashed themes and dialogue, that did nothing to expand on the Star Trek universe. If the new Star Wars movies are anything like Into Darkness, I am going to be extremely disappointed.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
OK, so why have you already condemned the new movies? JJ did alright with the new Star Trek movies. I don't think they will have anywhere near the impact the originals had, but I have enough faith in Disney's oversight of JJ with this IP that they will make at worst a passable film far better and more coherent than the prequels.
why? i'm condemning the new movies because of disney and JJ. JJ fucking sucks. the star trek reboot was fucking awful. there wasn't anything even remotely good about the new star trek movies.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i totally agree. to say that the only reason people enjoy the original 3 movies is nostalgia is just retarded. they are awesome movies. ROTJ may be the worst of the three, but it's still a million times better than any of the prequels or any of the three that are going to come out next.
this and only this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought JJ's Star Trek movies were entertaining. Not high brow film, but I like them. Star Wars isn't high brow either. And I don't get the blind Disney hate. They make excellent kid's movies - which Star Wars should continue to be. Are you hoping Star Wars grows up with you and becomes a dark and gritty rated R saga?

Sulrn

Deuces
The most recent JJ Star Trek movie was a pile of shit. Totally rehashed themes and dialogue, that did nothing to expand on the Star Trek universe. If the new Star Wars movies are anything like Into Darkness, I am going to be extremely disappointed.
I'm going with this. I wouldn't say everything he touches is shit (I enjoyed Super 8), but I'm not looking at his director/writer credits very positively.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I thought JJ's Star Trek movies were entertaining. Not high brow film, but I like them. Star Wars isn't high brow either. And I don't get the blind Disney hate. They make excellent kid's movies - which Star Wars should continue to be. Are you hoping Star Wars grows up with you and becomes a dark and gritty rated R saga?
not at all. what i'm saying is they should just leave star wars the fuck alone. there's no more story to be told. doing a sequel to a story that already has an ending is pointless. it's the equivalent of making goodfellas 2, where you watch henry hill live in witness protection and battle hemorrhoids and dementia.

Sulrn

Deuces
You, sir, are an idiot and I think a large majority of sci-fi artists and writers would disagree with you entirely.

ohkcrlho

not at all. what i'm saying is they should just leave star wars the fuck alone. there's no more story to be told. doing a sequel to a story that already has an ending is pointless. it's the equivalent of making goodfellas 2, where you watch henry hill live in witness protection and battle hemorrhoids and dementia.
This is exactly what i think about star wars.it has an ENDING, a satisfying ending to all the characters we all love and hate.
Why the fuck do we need to know luke's story afterwards?Or any another story for that matter?
This is typical nowadays Hollywood behaviour,they can't figure out something new so they will recycle any possible saga, a cult movie because they know people will still go and see it. Bringing the actor(s) from the first movies.......please -.-'
If it's going to be good or bad? I don't know.jj abrams really sucks but i have to read the overall story to judge the movie.
Still never liked when Hollywood suits try to milk a cow that had milk in a certain era and now is completely dry.most of the times (if not always) it ends with a "was not bad but it was pointless" or "this fuckin transvestie movie raped my childhood"

Arakkis

N00b
not at all. what i'm saying is they should just leave star wars the fuck alone.there's no more story to be told.doing a sequel to a story that already has an ending is pointless. it's the equivalent of making goodfellas 2, where you watch henry hill live in witness protection and battle hemorrhoids and dementia.
Hundreds of expanded universe books and comics prove this statement totally false.

why? i'm condemning the new movies because of disney and JJ. JJ fucking sucks. the star trek reboot was fucking awful. there wasn't anything even remotely good about the new star trek movies.
So you are basically just making a blanket statement based off of your own opinions that are completely divorced from mainstream audiences and have no basis in market success? OK.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And nearly every EU story was crap compared to the original trilogy, even the Thrawn series outside of Thrawn himself. The post-Jedi storylines of Luke, Han etc are lame. They'd have been better off with all new characters. Chancellor Leia and housewife Han is a boring story. Luke continuing to bumble around like a farmboy idiot after the growth we saw in Jedi is even worse.

Probably the best storyline was the comic, which makes sense because it was the first crack at continuing the story. Giving the Emperor a get-out-of-death card where he can simply reappear in a younger body and Luke just giving the fuck up was pretty much the best way to have a direct sequel to the original saga. Everything else just seems like a lame mid-season filler episode in a tv drama. Star Wars without the actual Galactic War is crap. See Episode 1. Exactly 0 time of the prequels should have been spent leading up to the Clone War. Just drop the audience into the middle of it and explain shit as you go.

So if I was writing a 30 year later sequel I'd go with: Emperor's consciousness transferred into his clone + Grand Admiral Thrawn after 30 years of guerrilla war suddenly bolstered by re-emergence of Palpatine = full on revival of the civil war. And all of this shit happened before the movie even starts. Like the crawl would say: THIS BLUE GUY HAS CONTINUED TO FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR FOR 30 YEARS AND HOLY SHIT SOME GUY CLAIMING TO BE PALPATINE REBORN JUST SHOWED UP AND SHIT IS CRAZY NOW" and BAM, opening shot of starships shooting at each other.

But I'm not a writer for a reason.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A spirit carries on story would suck and end up essentially being a re-hash of the original trilogy. A new Darth Vader and the same ol' emperor fighting against the same ol' group of people.

You could have a future in Hollywood.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most of everything new that they've come up with has sucked, so I was merely stating that a rehash was a superior alternative.

But with a character like Thrawn you have a guy who is a threat because of his mind and not because he wears a scary costume and has magic powers. And you could explore the fact that someone like that wouldn't exactly be happy that Palpatine suddenly just shows back up and wants to take control again.

ohkcrlho

The emperor again?! Lol see what i wrote above about recycling sagas/movies?
This is the prime example that SW was such a great saga, that any new story afterwards must have the same elements, including the villains.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every attempt to bring in new villains has been shit. Even Thrawn was just a commander of one fleet who kept on fighting for no real reason.

Look at what they wound up with in the EU or even KOTOR. Space Sith, are you fucking kidding me?

EDIT: My "ideas" were mostly satire, you know...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1XtQvjM.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You, sir, are an idiot and I think a large majority of sci-fi artists and writers would disagree with you entirely.
and you are one of the many of the lowest common denominator that hollywood caters to because they could literally just take a shit on a movie screen for 2 hours and you would pay them money to see it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
J.J did a pretty good job with the Star Trek movies. Old trek caters to Pedophiles. You don't want that audience.

Sulrn

Deuces
etchazz_sl said:
and you are one of the many of the lowest common denominator that hollywood caters to because they could literally just take a shit on a movie screen for 2 hours and you would pay them money to see it
Yes, because Star Wars EU // Old Republic deviations from the original trilogy is clearly the equivalent of taking a shit on screen.

If anything, the argument should be made that your complete lack of touch from the endless possibilities of where to take "the Star Wars story" is what would drive you to desire to see a new artistic interpretation of the human form (ie a Fedor special reinterpreted to film). Seeing as you're already dropping references to shit recorded on film, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Congratulations for making my case for me, sir.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
on the one hand i want them to leave the classics alone because they almost never live up to their names. on the on the other hand, i loved star wars so much i wanted more adventures with luke leia and han solo. i liked abrams star trek so i will give ep7 a chance. the name brand cant be damaged anymore after the prequels so im not sure why people are getting so worried.