[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Caliane

I don't remember anything about clones in Star Wars, other than mentions of the the clone wars, prior to the shit prequels. This is based only on watching the movies. I didn't read any SW books.
Books, toys, games, tech manuals. yeah, alot of info is not directly from the movies.
Like, Vaders star destroyer is named Executor. this is never said in the movies. only called "a super star destroyer".
AT-AT. AT-ST. never named in the movies iirc.
I don't think even X-wings, B-wings, or A-wings are even called as such. just star fighters.

the red Imperial guards. no lines, no names in the movies. it was in toys that they were identified, and given some background info.

This then begs the question of how much of this was made up for the toylines entirely, vs how much was part of a design doc, in the movies creation.

Much of the imperial navy was fleshed out for the Tie Fighter games as you might imagine. and again, how much of those games was based on actual tech specs or McQuarry designs is something that only the creators could answer.

I don't remember Troopers=clones either. but it could have easily been some tidbit of info, on a stormtrooper action figure box or something.

Fadaar

That guy
Books, toys, games, tech manuals. yeah, alot of info is not directly from the movies.
Like, Vaders star destroyer is named Executor. this is never said in the movies. only called "a super star destroyer".
AT-AT. AT-ST. never named in the movies iirc.
I don't think even X-wings, B-wings, or A-wings are even called as such. just star fighters.

the red Imperial guards. no lines, no names in the movies. it was in toys that they were identified, and given some background info.

This then begs the question of how much of this was made up for the toylines entirely, vs how much was part of a design doc, in the movies creation.

Much of the imperial navy was fleshed out for the Tie Fighter games as you might imagine. and again, how much of those games was based on actual tech specs or McQuarry designs is something that only the creators could answer.

I don't remember Troopers=clones either. but it could have easily been some tidbit of info, on a stormtrooper action figure box or something.
I could have sworn they referred to the AT-AT's as "at at walkers" at one point. Also think they say X-wing and Y-wing but never anything about the A and B. I could be wrong on all counts though.

Caliane

I could have sworn they referred to the AT-AT's as "at at walkers" at one point. Also think they say X-wing and Y-wing but never anything about the A and B. I could be wrong on all counts though.
yeah, not 100% certain atm which and aren't. AT-AT not certain on, pretty sure AT-ST isn't.

I think the bombers are named, can't remember if Y or B-wing bombers.

Another example would be IG-88, the droid bounty hunter. Also not named, in the movies.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, I could fucking swear the storm troopers they were investigating in one of the prequels were clones of Jango Fett?

Wiki on him says

"Later on,Fett agreed to serve as the genetic template for the clones that would form the bulk of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.When Master Obi-Wan Kenobi located Jango and Boba on Kamino, Fett fled to join Count Dooku. Though struck down by Mace Windu in combat,Fett's legacy would live on through his son Boba, as well as his cloned brethren, who would have a profound impact on galactic history. "

Is the "Grand Army of the Republic" not Storm Troopers? Or is it some technicality?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who gives a fuck about pre-prequels!!

Anyways, if he was the template I guess that answers the question and they weren't around before that?.?.?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The number of things that appeared in the original movies that were never named within them probably exceeds the amount of things that the movies actually attached a name to.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I watched A New Hope last night and The Clone Wars are mentioned a handful of times like the audience is supposed to know about those conflicts. None of the movies address the identities of the stormtroopers seen in the original trilogy, but according to the EU, the Empire started conscripting people long before the events of Episode 4 and Jango Fett clones had become a minority by then.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The number of things that appeared in the original movies that was never named within them probably exceeds the amount of things that the movies actually attached a name to.
Yeah, the toys revealed far more names and info than the movies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Then we get to laugh at them. Always encourage stupidity.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watch, that droid is this movie's rape droid
6124245865_5d433493a6_z.jpg

Siliconemelons

yeah, not 100% certain atm which and aren't. AT-AT not certain on, pretty sure AT-ST isn't.

I think the bombers are named, can't remember if Y or B-wing bombers.

Another example would be IG-88, the droid bounty hunter. Also not named, in the movies.
that dude was a big pain in the butt to kill in shadows of the empire...also best snow speeder segment in that game.... one of the retcons I was sad about was shadows of the empire biting it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dont give a shit about the EU. So much of it is fucked up trash for story, and I say that as someone who slogged their way through way too many of those god awful books. I used to live and breath star wars, and the EU literally was worse than lucas when it came to taking a dump on the franchise. Sure there's some good stuff, but let it all burn. At least I'll have hope that there will be a bit more than 'some good stuff' in the future.

Though the guy that banged the otter girl, that can stay in. Hot hot HOT.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
I dont give a shit about the EU. So much of it is fucked up trash for story, and I say that as someone who slogged their way through way too many of those god awful books. I used to live and breath star wars, and the EU literally was worse than lucas when it came to taking a dump on the franchise.
What, you didn't like Waru?