[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Force ghost Yoda is all but a given I'd say. Aren't they planning a stand alone movie about Yoda's life as well? Unthinkable, excluding Yoda's ghost from this trilogy, would be.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The stormtroopers in the original trilogy had different voices and height was mentioned because they had to meet certain enlistment standards. I don't think clone troopers were even conceptualized until 20 years later.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The MMO said clones degenerate. Battefront killed them off. Force unleashed used them whilly nihlly...so not exactly a EU consensus. I prefer the battlefront one.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The stormtroopers in the original trilogy had different voices and height was mentioned because they had to meet certain enlistment standards. I don't think clone troopers were even conceptualized until 20 years later.
Yeah that's what I thought.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought clones as storm troopers were brought up in one of the original trilogy books, and that's where people just assumed all stormtroopers are cloned came from... But I could be wrong

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I thought clones as storm troopers were brought up in one of the original trilogy books, and that's where people just assumed all stormtroopers are cloned came from... But I could be wrong
I thought it all came from Obi-Wan saying he fought with Anakin during "the Clone Wars", which is a kind of dumb 70's thing that gained a new life when Lucas tried to make sense of everything he said in the Prequels.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought it all came from Obi-Wan saying he fought with Anakin during "the Clone Wars", which is a kind of dumb 70's thing that gained a new life when Lucas tried to make sense of everything he said in the Prequels.
I distinctly remember knowing 20 years ago that the old stormtroopers, possibly current stormtroopers, were clones. But I have no basis for knowing that. I'd never read a star wars book at that point and there was no wookiepedia. It was just something I knew and informed all the plebes about.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
mR2EWDc.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That could also be just convenient for retconning like so much of the OT, especially ANH. I've never believed Lucas actually had a big story arc for three movies planned, much less nine. I personally thought he came up with the Vader/Luke connection for ESB and at that point there were probably ideas for Jedi getting moving as well. But initially I always assumed the line about stormtrooper height had nothing to do with clones and Obi Wan's reference to "the clone wars" just sounded like some cool dangerous shit from the past. I could be wrong though, not sure how much of that is on record for where the writing came from in the beginning.
I believe he had a very sparse outline when he was writing. I recall that "A New Hope" was originally released as Episode 1, and became Episode 4 sometime before Empire came out. I think in that time is probably when he fleshed out what little he had about the prequels.

I distinctly remember knowing 20 years ago that the old stormtroopers, possibly current stormtroopers, were clones. But I have no basis for knowing that. I'd never read a star wars book at that point and there was no wookiepedia. It was just something I knew and informed all the plebes about.
hmm, I don't recall that. For some reason I kept thinking they were robots. I was very young though, that's why I wasn't bothered by things like luke and han tricking them and taking their armor.

1394466766454.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
split the thread GoT style. Now that it's split there will be no more leaks and both threads will cover the exact same topics ad nauseum.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't remember anything about clones in Star Wars, other than mentions of the the clone wars, prior to the shit prequels. This is based only on watching the movies. I didn't read any SW books.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why they bothered trying to make storm troopers anything than what they were: shit tier soldier pawns who got befuddled by jedi.

Then again I really enjoyed

My fav part about new star wars movies is that it means new star wars games. And with the recent increases in money going to space flgith sim games there MUST be a new tie fighter.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
the 2 mini sabers on the handle looked dumb too, shoulda made a lightscythe instead of that garbo

iannis

Musty Nester
For me the "Storm troopers are clones" happened somewhere between Jedi and Phantom.

Like in New Hope, it seemed like they were just regular old grunts with spiffy space armor, and there were other grunts without space armor. Then in Empire most everyone had the space armor and there weren't unarmored troops so much. And then in Jedi I think we got the elite version of storm troopers with the red and the fancy hats and stuff.

And then 10 years later everyone was like, "I bet they were clones!"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wouldn't short-ass Luke dressed as a Stormtrooper be pretty obvious if they were all clones?!