[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We should have a teaser trailer soon yes? Wonder if they will sneak one onto Big Hero 6 on Friday?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ep8 the force takes a nap. Ep9 the force abides.

More excited for Battlefront 3.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably when the galaxy went from thousands or even millions of trained force users to hundreds.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
star-wars-stormtroopers.jpeg
Needs more glare. Just look how reflective that face is.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Doesn't matter what the name is, people will be butt hurt and hate it. Truth is a Star Wars movie will always be surrounded in hate, which is unfortunate. Good or bad, there is goin to be an army of haters to rip apart every aspect of it.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't matter what the name is, people will be butt hurt and hate it. Truth is a Star Wars movie will always be surrounded in hate, which is unfortunate. Good or bad, there is goin to be an army of haters to rip apart every aspect of it.
Not 100% true. People hate the prequels because they were green screen plot clusterfuck trash. It was the die hards that hate them because they saw it was lucas's attempt at a money grab. Now while money will always be the goal of every studio, at least its being made by fans of star wars and should be good.

Fuck... As it tapped this all out on my phone, I remembered they got rid of the EU so yeah, there will be people who hate it. I stand corrected.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Of course people will hate it no matter matter what. That being said, as long as it is faithful to the spirit of the original trilogy it will have a large audience.

Also, getting rid of the EU was probably for the better. Yes, there were some gems in there, but it was also a lot of crap. There are no reasons why they would throw away characters like corran horn, kyle katarn, thrawn, etc. Also, anything even mentioned in the clone wars is cannon. So characters like Darth bane, exar kun, and i believe ulic quel-droma are all cannon as well. They basically just got rid of the crap like the yuzhon vong. Who could have been awesome but weren't.

Siliconemelons

Of course people will hate it no matter matter what. That being said, as long as it is faithful to the spirit of the original trilogy it will have a large audience.

Also, getting rid of the EU was probably for the better. Yes, there were some gems in there, but it was also a lot of crap. There are no reasons why they would throw away characters like corran horn, kyle katarn, thrawn, etc. Also, anything even mentioned in the clone wars is cannon. So characters like Darth bane, exar kun, and i believe ulic quel-droma are all cannon as well. They basically just got rid of the crap like the yuzhon vong. Who could have been awesome but weren't.
We Daniel Wallace come and do a speech a few years ago- he wrote the jedi handbook, the book of the sith (Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side [Vault Edition]: Daniel Wallace: 9781612182612: Amazon.com: Books) the visual guide to vader etc. etc. He talked quite a bit about how the EU was (mis)handled - I gathered that essentially at the beginning it was very small licensees and "official" starwars world work so it all kind of just "was" then as it got larger and larger they appointed a keeper of the codex or vault - or whatever they called it to keep the cannon going. Certain projects and books would hold precedent over others- but usually it was first come, first serve- meaning if I wrote a book 5 years after ROTJ and say Ewoks killed every wookie in the galaxy, before any other book after that time frame mentioned wookies it would be okay... that's why there was such time jumps if someone wanted to do, whatever they want that was WTF they would just go ahead a buncha years, make someone a clone or hypersleep or whatever and then do whatever... But in the end, it was one guy trying to approve and canonize tons and tons of material.

He also explained that while he was writing the jedi handbook bioware was devving KOTOR etc. and every storyline bioware made was instantly cannon and given power over anything before it- so he kept having to revise his book etc.

so...really...the EU needed to have a reset button pressed...after this trilogy I am sure people will start over with a bunch of new EU2.0 stuff.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
As long as George Lucas has very little input and absolutely no role in directing the movie has a chance of not sucking.

As far as the EU, the fact they are tossing it all is only a good thing. It has some neat ideas but outside of the Thrawn stories, the rest really didn't do much for me. I'm hoping they come up with some neat new Force powers and bad guys. The only two characters worth a fuck in the prequels were Quigon and Maul. Copy that idea to some degree in these new movies, but with real actors and stories and it'll be a huge improvement.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lens flare is cool in Star Trek.

Star Wars seems like it should be more gritty/realistic which is why the prequels sucked because they were so clean.