[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Terial

Trakanon Raider
this is all i see when i saw that part...
myw7TvF.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fucking prequels had exactly 0 cool looking ships. How they fucked that up, I don't know.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No cool ships? Apparently what you meant to say is that there weren't enough bitter lesbians in the art department to cater to you.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm with the bitter lesbian on the no cool ships in the prequels thing.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Pretty much all the starfighters except the vulture droids were cool. Only about half the capital ships were cool. Well, maybe only the nubian capital ship was cool.

Also, the sailship was cool.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I forgot Thrawn had cloned storm troopers, even tho I did remember CBoath (sp?) and the cloning vats he found at Wayland.

God, that reference for a large portion of the sotrmtroopers being clones was from a Republic Commando...Lol? book from 2008...

I don't think there are many if any references to a majority being clones in any material prior to '95 or 2000.

Either way, I failed the nerd out.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Keep waiting for someone else to say it, but the tie fighter and x wing durability is an indication of how each side feels about it's people. For the empire, the stormtroopers were cannon fodder, and they didn't give a fuck how many they lost, they just needed to crank them out quickly.

And if you think that sounds like poor strategy, then you must be forgetting the emperor was Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevillll
I think you're sort of injecting EU books/games/technical manuals into those theories instead of remembering how the movies actually went.

I can think of exactly two situations where a rebel fighter survived a hit: Wedge getting grazed and R2 getting shot up. Both were there to move the plot forward and 'force' Luke to use the force. In every other scene and with any other character, every X/Y/A/B Wing just gets shot completely to pieces like a Tie fighter.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I think you're sort of injecting EU books/games/technical manuals into those theories instead of remembering how the movies actually went.
There's no 'sort of' about it, TBH. But the discussion wasn't about just the original 3 movies. Because as you pointed out, the x-wings were shown as being just as vulnerable as TIEs in them. Most of it probably came from the X-wing series of books. Some of it came from technical manuals, and some of it came from a book or 2 about the time period when the Empire was getting started. At the time, all of those things were blessed as canon by Lucas. So I feel it's not way out of line to draw on that now.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This thread is reminding me of just how damn good those X-wing and TIE fighter games were.

They were really good!!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yes, and you can buy versions that run on a modern computer at Gog.com. God I played the shit out of them!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why would moisture farms need tractors? That smells of a guy who barely glanced over source material.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Who puts a moisture farm in the middle of the desert??

I do figure that the idea behind it goes along the lines of pulling moisture out of the air, but desert air is very dry. I read somewhere about a technique used in dry parts of South America - coastal Chile or something, where they were able to harvest moisture from the air by setting up huge sails of some material. But that worked only because the air was coming in from the Pacific ocean.

But in the Star Wars universe where high speed travel ( surface based ) and space travel, hyperspace et al. Is a common, affordable tech, then places where water is scarce could tanker it in.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Who puts a moisture farm in the middle of the desert??

I do figure that the idea behind it goes along the lines of pulling moisture out of the air, but desert air is very dry. I read somewhere about a technique used in dry parts of South America - coastal Chile or something, where they were able to harvest moisture from the air by setting up huge sails of some material. But that worked only because the air was coming in from the Pacific ocean.

But in the Star Wars universe where high speed travel ( surface based ) and space travel, hyperspace et al. Is a common, affordable tech, then places where water is scarce could tanker it in.
Because tatooine got glassed when it was the infinite empire and it's moisture burned away. It evaporates/ condenses really quickly due to those damn suns.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This thread is amusing, id imagine how many of youd commit suicide if they announced a complete reboot of the original trilogy to be directed by Michael Bay.