Nobody (2021)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not really. Part of going to a theater is the experience you can't make at home. With this deal. you pay for everything to provide the enjoyment except the actual ticket. Or just like every other rental except you are paying a lot more. Go ahead, lick up that deal.

Not sure if you've taken a family to a theater, but it can easily cost $100+ and be a major pain in the ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you've taken a family to a theater, but it can easily cost $100+ and be a major pain in the ass.

Thats ridiculous.Just say no. I’m not saying it isn’t a deal for lots of people. I personally prefer not having to deal with the trashy, loud ones. I’m just saying it’s a premium price for those benefits and there will be few times I’ll find it worth it

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this tonight, odd movie. The action scenes were just ok, the story is something we've seen a million times but Odenkirk and Lloyd really elevated the movie. The more and more the movie went on the more unbelievable it got but its only 1h30m so doesn't get bogged down in anything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Remember when a movie was like a cheap date idea. Now its more expensive than going to a restaurant.
i took my gf to the $3 matinee's right after school ended, in the 90s

man, do they even have matinee's anymore?

*edit
they do, lulz 11$ vs $13

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And movie theaters wonder why they're going out of fucking business.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Saw this tonight, odd movie. The action scenes were just ok, the story is something we've seen a million times but Odenkirk and Lloyd really elevated the movie. The more and more the movie went on the more unbelievable it got but its only 1h30m so doesn't get bogged down in anything.

Yeah. It starts out great and trails off like that. And to be perfectly honest I didn't even recognize that as Christopher Lloyd. Hell, I barely knew he was still alive, let alone still working.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Goatface

when i was in high school, had 99 cent tuesdays. after that college town had a 99 cent 2nd run theater and the mall had $2 weds.
local small place had (precovid) $5 tuesday and big chain has $8 tues.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tuesdays are discount day for Cinemark with standard tickets at $6.72 and even XD is dropped to $9.94 but they still have reduced hours 2-8pm for start times.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Used to be dollar theaters around here. Would only have movies that had been out for a month or two though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What do you expect the rental price to be for a movie that’s still in theaters?

I would pay quadruple a movie theater's ticket price to watch a new release movie I was really pumped about right away in the comfort of my own home.

20 is a fucking steal

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just from the poster it's obvious this is trying to be a less serious John Wick knock off which is exactly what it delivers

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched it last night and enjoyed it. But wow the trailer is the cliff notes pretty much, wtf.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
And movie theaters wonder why they're going out of fucking business.

Near our house it was around $12 a ticket before Covid... They struggle.. they're trying to get people to come back so they shift their prices... to $18 per ticket, and you need to weak a mask the whole time, even when in your seat, except when eating or drinking.

It's less expensive to rent this movie and watch it at home on a 70" screen with great sound and better food. Children born now will never know the experience of a movie theater in all likelihood.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
$5 during the week, $7 on weekends matinee prices at the theatre near here. Pretty decent theatre too, fully reclining seats and all. They charge country club prices for concessions to try and make up the difference of course.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you have a decent 4k hdtv and a basic dolby atmos soundbar, it'll be a better experience than driving to a theatre and putting on your mask to watch a 2hr movie

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Ended up enjoying this more than I thought I would. Slow start but on reflection it’s necessary and the movie grew on me as the run time went on. He’s competent but rusty, which is frustrating to watch at first but if you’re not revelling in the over the top fun by the end then I don’t know what to tell you.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I watched this at the movies last night, I thought it was really entertaining. I knew nothing about it going in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The bus fight was the best choreographed fight, but I didn't think the others were bad necessarily. I had no idea what this movie was going in and no expectations and I'd give it an 8/10

• 2Like