Non-Fungible Tokens, and how they are a non-fungible store of value like land.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The more I read about NFTs, the less I understand about them. Is it just my usual retarded brain or is there more(less) to it?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The more I read about NFTs, the less I understand about them. Is it just my usual retarded brain or is there more(less) to it?

qkceb9vxkjx71.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I think someone took James James ' land and now he no longer has internet access.

If only someone had warned him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
This is just gambling but with another name. Which makes it worse is that the digital assets it claims to protect can be digitally copied and reproduced. This is worse than selling property on the moon.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's literally just CS:GO skins that can be traded without Valve's servers.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Coincidence. My girls son tells me I need to get in on this Matrix NFT. I'm like ummmm, WTF is that? Is this for real? Like people pay money for what amounts to a picture?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is just gambling but with another name. Which makes it worse is that the digital assets it claims to protect can be digitally copied and reproduced. This is worse than selling property on the moon.

Reminds me more of a trading card game, except you can copy all the cards available and download the entire set for free apparently and steal everything. Giving it no value.

I do see some application for NFTs in terms of trading/collectable card games, but beyond that it's difficult to see the appeal.... well, I guess it's more like land...

Hey you want my landfish, I have a landwhale for sale. I just took a picture of 2 landsharks NFTs, let's make a deal.

"I have a landdog"

O SHIT, 100k

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Reminds me more of a trading card game, except you can copy all the cards available and download the entire set for free apparently and steal everything.

As I understand it, the exclusivity of NFTs pertains to the ownership rights, not the thing itself. The NFT is your unique, uncopyable token certifying that you hold the rights to the NFT of the thing.

Of course, that's just an asinine tautology.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As I understand it, the exclusivity of NFTs pertains to the ownership rights, not the thing itself. The NFT is your unique, uncopyable token certifying that you hold the rights to the NFT of the thing.

Of course, that's just an asinine tautology.

Certainly you can hook this into an app though and make it work the way I stated though for the card game purpose, although I understand the property of the landfish do belong to whoever bought the NFT regardless of being in possession of the image or not.

Well there was a hack. The landfish were undisturbed in the pond and everyone can still see them and visit them. Just some asshole took everyones fish tokens proving they own the landfish in the photo.

That's a damn shame. What kind of asshole would take everyones proof of fish?

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is the mathematics of applying one unit of retardation (you) and multiplying it by an entire concept of retardation(nfts). As you are multiplying by infinity here the result is increasing retardation. Infinitely so.

You are not alone.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Coincidence. My girls son tells me I need to get in on this Matrix NFT. I'm like ummmm, WTF is that? Is this for real? Like people pay money for what amounts to a picture?
It is for real. However, this retard I know on Discord bought a Genesis Kong (CyberKongz) back in April for like 0.3 ETH because he was bored.

Said Genesis Kong now generates $400-$700 in cold hard cash a day in the banana market. Yes, the banana market. Banana price today, chart, market cap & news | CoinGecko

Yes its retarded.

• 3WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't get it. Donkey Kong was Nintendo, not Sega.

FRAUD KONG!!!!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It is for real. However, this retard I know on Discord bought a Genesis Kong (CyberKongz) back in April for like 0.3 ETH because he was bored.

Said Genesis Kong now generates $400-$700 in cold hard cash a day in the banana market. Yes, the banana market. Banana price today, chart, market cap & news | CoinGecko

Yes its retarded.
What the fuck and why is there volume of 1 million dollar today? Who the fuck is buying this?

omg halp:

"10 banana tokens are generated daily by each of the 1000 genesis Cyberkongz for the next 10 years. Currently, the applicable use case of the banana token is to create baby Kongz by burning 600 banana tokens. Although baby Kongz are similar in appearance to the 1000 genesis kongz, they do not yield the 10 bananas daily and will be capped at 4000 total. In early August, genesis and baby kongz will evolve from just being avatars to being fully playable voxel Kongz that will be used in the SandBox game. The future plan for BANANA's will revolve around being used as the in game token for purchasing exclusive buyable items and merchandise, as well as being rewarded for playing our in house built games."

• 2WTF
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users