Non-Fungible Tokens, and how they are a non-fungible store of value like land.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’ve had enough fucking internet for today.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck and why is there volume of 1 million dollar today? Who the fuck is buying this?

omg halp:

"10 banana tokens are generated daily by each of the 1000 genesis Cyberkongz for the next 10 years. Currently, the applicable use case of the banana token is to create baby Kongz by burning 600 banana tokens. Although baby Kongz are similar in appearance to the 1000 genesis kongz, they do not yield the 10 bananas daily and will be capped at 4000 total. In early August, genesis and baby kongz will evolve from just being avatars to being fully playable voxel Kongz that will be used in the SandBox game. The future plan for BANANA's will revolve around being used as the in game token for purchasing exclusive buyable items and merchandise, as well as being rewarded for playing our in house built games."
It's like a pyramid or something.

Egypt Pyramid GIF by Hey Duggee

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There is money to be made here; especially with these upcoming sandbox worlds. And I don't mean long term investments but selling stupid shit to zoomers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There is money to be made here; especially with these upcoming sandbox worlds. And I don't mean long term investments but selling stupid shit to zoomers.
I wish I had the drive to put the time into taking advantage of it...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pssst….your Jew is showing

• 1Dislike

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PA hits the nail on the head, as usual, saying what I've been saying for over a year now:

1638980969324.png

The best true use-case for NFTs is to allow actual ownership of digital media, so that you could trade or re-sell your ownership of a game license directly to another person on secondary markets not controlled by the publisher, and that's the one use-case that will never happen.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
what did marx call it, conspicuous consumption? nerd envy is the only thing that makes this work atm.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
South Park nails NFTs. Everyone who buys an NFT is a retard faggot and should be given a one way ticket into a live volcano.

• 1Worf

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
its a new form of art. anyone who thinks its more is sorely mistaking solutions looking for problems.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i have an artist friend that was being told NFT are the future of art. I guess its kind of true in some way and could see adoption for that purpose.

i just remarked it depends whos interested? the interested parties need to grow obviously and there has to be support for it.

• 1Double Worf

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I just got my free Spider-Man nft. I see these crazy prices they are selling at. I’m just trying to figure out how I can use this as land to build a house. Any ideas?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I just got my free Spider-Man nft. I see these crazy prices they are selling at. I’m just trying to figure out how I can use this as land to build a house. Any ideas?
Get an appraisal of 10million, lose it in a theft, claim it on your taxes in perpetuity as stolen property, which should negate the capital gain. Enjoy your free house

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

House in the metaverse, duh.

• 1Like