North Korea goes full retard

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think we should shell something in North Korea every day until they are released.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I bet Kim is flaming mad that everyone in America instantly stopped paying attention to him because a couple dudes blew up some crock pots in Boston while he was threatening nuclear armageddon.
rrr_img_23320.jpg

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from him since the Boston shit is pretty much over now. Although I guess he was already at the point where he needed to shit or get off the pot, so maybe he's relieved that he got an easy way to back down.

satael

Silver Squire
There's always the small chance that he was actually guilty... (but more likely they are negotiating quietly since a big public show would just hinder any chances of Pae Jun Ho being released in the near future)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Or we can just say hey, shit happens, you knew the risks, you took them, and we're not going to give any concessions to, or otherwise strengthen, our enemy because of 1 yodel.

If the guy really was helping orphans and whatnot, hey, much respect. But personal responsibility you know?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Friends and colleagues said Bae was based in the Chinese border city of Dalian
I wonder if we'd helped Grobbee get into China if we couldn't somehow have managed to convince him to visit NK as well.

I can see it now - Grobbee goes into NK and tells them that they can wipe out starvation using his secret to a high-protein subsistence diet, and that it's just a snowball away.

"Semen semen om nom nom!"

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dennis Rodman going to North Korea being discussed in the visa office:

"Rodman wants to go again?"
"yeah."
"Okay, let the insignificant douche nozzle, who was once nearly something, but became absolutely nothing, visit the son of a dictator who was never anything, and leads a country who hasn't ever been a significant threat to anyone ever in the history of humanity."
"That seems like an easy decision."
"No shit. No one who matters cares whatsoever about a douche going to visit a douche in order to talk about douchey things."

I'm pretty sure that's how the conversation went.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Nah, I have sand in my vagina because he's a no-good do-nothing dickhead put in a potentially volatile political situation. Which involves nukes.

You know, other than that, I'm good.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You cant act like Rodman isnt deserving of being a HOF basketball player. So to say he is a "do nothing" is kind of dumb. Maybe NOW he is, depending on who you ask, but the fact that this "dialogue" is even happening is not only hilarious but kind of interesting considering the internet is now a means to negotiate with hostile countries on the fly. (via a cross-dressing nut-job, drug addict black dude)

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I argue that Rodman is better than any politician because the leadership of NK needs to keep up the appearance of defiance to the West, which means plugging their ears whenever a politician tries to talk about peace. In contrast, Rodman slips past those defenses because he's not there officially. Being a former basketball star, with a 28 year old known sports fan, he's in a very powerful position of influence compared to Western politicians. Not that he's talking politics or anything, but just being open and friendly with the kid has a reasonable chance of making him less hostile to the West.

I'm making this argument based on a proven concept of persuasion. If you ever give a public speech asserting an argument or cause, tell the audience beforehand, "I'm going to give you information that will change you mind." The audience will instantly close their ears and you will persuade no one. However, give no such indication and offer your argument more indirectly, and you will be more effective by orders of magnitude.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think we should toss Rodman in jail and then offer a prisoner exchange for Bae. We get back our citizen and nothing of value was lost.

Tigerr_sl

shitlord
Kinda funny how with the Middle East quieting down, they are making NK seem like some sort of super power. But yknow, I guess rice throwing citizens are scary.