NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

With the next-generation though, NVIDIA’s hardware is much attractive for miners, especially the RTX 3080, thanks to its high bandwidth which improves the mining performance. At the moment, the Ampere cards are out of miners’ as well as gamers’ hands, but later next year when supply improves, we might have another GPU rut on our hands.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
slippery slippery link his name so he gets a notification man lol
1605930177437.png

Alas I wasn't at home

• 1Solidarity

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is probably not a good time to ask a chooser's question amongst beggars, but what is the general consensus on 3080/90 FE vs AIB cards?

Context: I managed to snipe a 3090 FE today from BB when I was trying to snag a Ryzen 5900X (failed) but somehow they let me check out with a 3090 FE. I think I can sell my Aorus 3090 Master for $400 or so more than the FE (after ebay fees). Trying to think of any reason not to keep the FE and sell the Gigabyte card.

• 1WTF

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just like the look of FE more personally - performance wise most are hard to notice

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man this fucking sucks. Finally a card comes out that I want, its time to upgrade my shit from a 1070, have the cash in hand to buy one and none to be had.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man this fucking sucks. Finally a card comes out that I want, its time to upgrade my shit from a 1070, have the cash in hand to buy one and none to be had.

For anyone still looking, I would try to find a discord that tracks launches, there are a bunch I think, leave it running and wait for an alert and pounce.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's how I got mine from BestBuy - just check every time the discord bot pings and eventually you'll get there in time as interest slowly dies down as more time passes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A ton of real people in the Nvidia Discord got cards in Friday's BB drop, they definitely sold a few hundred between FE, EVGA, ASUS and Gigabyte, 3070s, 3080s and 3090s.

I'm thinking 2-3 more weeks maybe and the supply should be there.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
A ton of real people in the Nvidia Discord got cards in Friday's BB drop, they definitely sold a few hundred between FE, EVGA, ASUS and Gigabyte, 3070s, 3080s and 3090s.

I'm thinking 2-3 more weeks maybe and the supply should be there.
That’s some wishful thinking, that’s the typical drop for BB it just last longer than a Newegg drop because of the annoying queue. Between AMD and Nvidia, I’d say mid Jan to early February. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not normalized by then either especially because bots/scalping.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I dunno, BB drop felt way larger than any previously. I had multiple different cards actually available in cart like ~20m after it all started. 3070s were available for a loooooong time, where as all the previous BB restocks emptied out in ~5m even with their queue.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, BB drop felt way larger than any previously. I had multiple different cards actually available in cart like ~20m after it all started. 3070s were available for a loooooong time, where as all the previous BB restocks emptied out in ~5m even with their queue.
Yeah I was also able to get a bunch of cards in my cart. A 3070, a 3080, a 3090, and lots of people in the Discord got confirmed orders.

It was probably 5-10x larger than any of the previous drops.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So if I'm going for 1440p/144hz gaming for 2 or 3 years, should I just wait for the inevitable 3070TI in January? Seems like that is a better bet than snagging a 3080 FE or XC black.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Either card will be fine for three years. I don't think it's likely you'll choke yourself on 10 GB VRAM with 1440p.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Neg - they just had more options since this is the first drop that also included the 3070 along with 3080 and 3090. Generally all thursday/friday drops have lasted more or less the same time, just now more options - i've always managed to get multiple cards in the cart, they just usually go out of stock before anything else. Newegg still seems to be the easier/quickest since i can just click the item and instantly apple pay it up.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Neg - they just had more options since this is the first drop that also included the 3070 along with 3080 and 3090. Generally all thursday/friday drops have lasted more or less the same time, just now more options - i've always managed to get multiple cards in the cart, they just usually go out of stock before anything else. Newegg still seems to be the easier/quickest since i can just click the item and instantly apple pay it up.
The BB site also knows where you are and limits what stock you actually have available as well.

The 3080s they have never let me add them to my cart, I tried all the Asus and EVGA ones and the FE. Meanwhile people were saying they were still putting them in their carts for 5 minutes after I was shown an out of stock page for anything 3080 related.

The one 3090 FE I tried went into my cart after the queue but then refused to be shipped or picked up locally once I corrected the nonsensical zip code it had pre filled out even though I have an account with a ship too address populated.

The stock must have all been central and eastern US focused.