NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The BB site also knows where you are and limits what stock you actually have available as well.

The 3080s they have never let me add them to my cart, I tried all the Asus and EVGA ones and the FE. Meanwhile people were saying they were still putting them in their carts for 5 minutes after I was shown an out of stock page for anything 3080 related.

The one 3090 FE I tried went into my cart after the queue but then refused to be shipped or picked up locally once I corrected the nonsensical zip code it had pre filled out even though I have an account with a ship too address populated.

The stock must have all been central and eastern US focused.
There was some in stock on BB when I tried. It said it was online only. I click add to cart then it scrolls to the top of the screen and says due to popularity they have added an addition step, please try again. So I try again, same thing. I search all over and don’t see any additional step to perform. I say ok fuck you I’m not trying BB anymore. Everything is so incompetent.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
There was some in stock on BB when I tried. It said it was online only. I click add to cart then it scrolls to the top of the screen and says due to popularity they have added an addition step, please try again. So I try again, same thing. I search all over and don’t see any additional step to perform. I say ok fuck you I’m not trying BB anymore. Everything is so incompetent.
That's their queue system. You click the button when it's yellow, then you wait for it to turn yellow again to try to add it to your cart. If you refresh the page it supposedly kicks you from your position in the queue and you start over again. Then if you make it to your cart with the item, you need to go to checkout asap in order to actually reserve the card during payment.

But yes, it's fucking dumb, but it's the best of the shitty systems they've got to fight the scalper bots.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Those stuck around for a few. Nearly picked one up but balked and decided to wait for the 5900x if I'm going to really upgrade. Kinda set on getting a case and motherboard first anyways so I can do my rebuild sooner rather than later.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Had heard some unfavorable reviews of the Zotac cards, anyone have personal reviews of any of their products?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Set up my notifications for that Stockdrop or whatever Discord someone posted ages ago. No notifications on any device yesterday when EVGA 3080 hit NewEgg. No idea what option is missing. Their instructions kind of suck but everything is enabled.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
All the stock discords I was in were largely useless. Biggest one still only has a ~6-7% confirmed order to member ratio. They post to the chat channel(s) first, then the notification channel. The notification channel never beats the bots and the chat channel neckbeards are already refreshing their ApplePay checkout every 5 seconds when the posting comes in. Don't even bother if you're away from your computer, as the phone adds a delay as well.

IMO get in the EVGA bread line if you aren't already; sign up for notifications on their store and wait for personalized email link.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
EVGA breadline is a myth. They haven't sent out shit and I've been registered since launch day for every SKU they have, 3080 or 3090.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Had heard some unfavorable reviews of the Zotac cards, anyone have personal reviews of any of their products?
I own the 3080, great, quiet card. Underv a bit as it had a little coil whine. As none of these cards are worth ocin, it’s a fine card. My only concern is if something fucks up, but I’d feel that way about any card not evga

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I own the 3080, great, quiet card. Underv a bit as it had a little coil whine. As none of these cards are worth ocin, it’s a fine card. My only concern is if something fucks up, but I’d feel that way about any card not evga
Totally agree after doing a bit of research and the link posted in the last page. What I had heard is just shit-talk nonsense. Will take any card at this point. Not willing to boot up my new build with anything less than it deserves.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
EVGA breadline is a myth. They haven't sent out shit and I've been registered since launch day for every SKU they have, 3080 or 3090.
Weird I got my 3090 a few weeks ago and signed in for notification a few days after release.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Newegg bundling some 3080s just missed again, assume the bots aren’t grabbing those combos as often as just the card.