NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If retailers gave even a single fuck it wouldn't happen.

It's not that hard to limit orders per email and address.

I don't blame scalpers, or the loser fucks that buy from them.

But I do blame the retailers that just don't give a fuck.

I'll just go buy a card from another, oh wait, there are no other real suppliers...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't blame scalpers, or the loser fucks that buy from them.
I blame people who buy video cards for 200-300% msrp from a scalper. Those retards are enabling scalpers to turn around and buy 2-3 cards for every card they sell. Thats why this is still a problem half a damn year after launch and it will not end until people stop buying from scalpers.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Bots enable scalpers, its not like they are manually sitting there submitting orders -

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
you have to join one of the million discord alert servers and keep discord running on your phone and turn on notifications and react within a min of stock. even then your chances of scoring a 3080 are low, as bots will beat you 99 times out of 100

some discord servers, there are a ton of free ones but the really good ones are bot paid servers only

each discord has a channel where you have to react to say w hat you are interested in notifications of - 3070, 3080, ps5, xbox, etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
you have to join one of the million discord alert servers and keep discord running on your phone and turn on notifications and react within a min of stock. even then your chances of scoring a 3080 are low, as bots will beat you 99 times out of 100

some discord servers, there are a ton of free ones but the really good ones are bot paid servers only

each discord has a channel where you have to react to say w hat you are interested in notifications of - 3070, 3080, ps5, xbox, etc
Nice. These are alerting all through out the day. I think the other in stock alert discords Im in went to some dumbass pay 4 alert model or something as they almost never alert any more.
This is how people get through the BB queue - i know it has some cost to it tho

The retail cost for Stellar AIO is $300 and comes with 30 days of free updates. Monthly Renewal is $30
Yeah these people deserve to be put on crosses and whither away until they die as they watch people buy the things they want without having to jump through a million hoops. Bunch of parasites that create nothing but dead weight loss.

• 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Nice. These are alerting all through out the day. I think the other in stock alert discords Im in went to some dumbass pay 4 alert model or something as they almost never alert any more.

Yeah these people deserve to be put on crosses and whither away until they die as they watch people buy the things they want without having to jump through a million hoops. Bunch of parasites that create nothing but dead weight loss.
Yeah, it's terrible.

That said, I would be willing to chip in if someone wanted to buy a license if it got me a 6800XT/6900XT/3080TI at MSRP.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL $300 for a piece of software plus $30 per month just to buy a $700-$800 video card? No thanks.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah stellar is really good for best buy if you are monitoring 24x7, as it has queue bypass algorithms but its only worth it if you decide to become a 3080 reseller or something. It doesn't help that best buy basically drops 3080s once every 3 weeks or so, it lasts 3-5 minutes (99% of that waiting for a queue spot), and there is basically nowhere else really selling 3080s now. PS5s are easier to get than a 3080.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
LOL $300 for a piece of software plus $30 per month just to buy a $700-$800 video card? No thanks.
I could see if someone wanted to try to make some money competing in the cut throat world of pandemic video card/console shortage acquisition, sure. It's the next Oliver Stone movie. I waited 3 years for prices to come down after I bought my 1080ti at launch and got a 2080ti a year or so later after they launched. This gen might legit never widely be in stock before people start waiting for RDNA3/4000 Series.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I tried one of the bots. I think if I kept up with it I might have gotten 1 card. After 12 days I was tired of even loading it.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question for people who knows shit: why is there such a shortage of cards, and general electronic parts ?
I mean, it can't be silicon, that shit is literraly everywhere. It can't be the wafer process, we've been doing this for over 30 years. is it the 5nm technology ? is it pure marketing stuff ?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Question for people who knows shit: why is there such a shortage of cards, and general electronic parts ?
I mean, it can't be silicon, that shit is literraly everywhere. It can't be the wafer process, we've been doing this for over 30 years. is it the 5nm technology ? is it pure marketing stuff ?
It's semiconductor chips. It's a widespread issue, affecting a variety of things other than just PC/console parts, such as car manufacturing. There's basically a bunch of factors, corona slowing down production at first, a drought in Taiwan where the main production of them is and a large demand spike due to coronavirus stay at home stuff+new interesting products(new console gen+new gfx that actually don't suck). There's plenty of articles about it.

Basically the issue isn't as much production, which is at its maximum and even though it had issues, still remain fairly constant, but the demand spiked a ton and there's just no way to increase production anymore, since there's only very few places that produce the chips(TSMC in Taiwan and Intel in the US basically is most of it, Samsung too but I think they mostly supply themselves).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Manufacturing demand is greater than the supply and TSMC and Samsung are the only manufacturers of the highest end chips. Drought in Taiwan meant less water for manufacturing and it takes years to bring new fabs online. Intel's manufacturing has been fucked for years and yields aren't great on their 10nm chips. Apple ditching Intel in favor of in house designed SoCs means they buy manufacturing capacity from TSMC because they don't make anything themselves. Sony and Microsoft launching new consoles, NVIDIA and AMD launching new GPUs and AMD new CPUs as well. Having things made JIT instead of keeping a stock of needed part means everyone gets fucked. Car manufacturers are having to shut down production line because they don't have the chips to run the cars.

In short, demand is far outstripping supply.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In a surprise to no one when you flood the economy with free money people spend more money on things they didn't really need, supply can't meet demand, and prices go up. It's slowly impacting basically everything in electronics.

I've never seen so many people getting their roof done at once in South Florida. It's insane.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Lot of companies had reserved a place in line for their chips as always. When the virus first came out they cancelled thinking demand would fall way down. Like car markers which is the reason they have lot after lot of finished trucks with no chip in them now. They lost their place in line. The government threw tons of money at people, lot of people kept on working, and oddly enough people didn't want to ride public transportation during a pandemic. Demand went through the roof. This happens everywhere you look and will take time to work out now.

Throw that all in with "just in time" supply lines and it add ups to "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". Biden is looking into the chip problem and it was rumored he would invokde the defense act to give car makers first run of chips. Personally think he isn't doing shit, won't do shit, except blow hot air and kick the can down the road longer till it straightens out.

LOTS of people bought new computers, chromebooks and such to work from home. So instead of a one laptop/computer family they need 4 or more for everyone to work and go to school. PC sales were way up from a downward trend over the last several years. Chromebook sales went off the charts. Housing boom with low interest rates and people afraid of the coming inflation bomb, they need new appliances for new houses which takes chips.

Last edited:
  • 1Like