NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I had to use newegg mostly for my hackintosh build and I'm not a fan of newegg at all.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Things have been in/out of stock all over the place. Amazon has had spotty availability before Covid. I had to order things from different places back in December 2019 because Amazon didn't have them in stock or at all.

BH Photo carries PC components, check there, too.
BH Photo is the slowest company I've ever done business with. Recommend avoiding them unless totally necessary.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not a fan of BH Photo going back several years. Not for computer parts but ordering some astrophotography stuff.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It isn't surprising that people would be willing to ask that, only that people are responding and not calling him out for it.
I haven't read the rules of that sub, but I'd bet that calling someone out for their price is an instant ban on free speech reddit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
BH Photo is the slowest company I've ever done business with. Recommend avoiding them unless totally necessary.

They are indeed slow AF - I bought a Lian Li Lancool Mesh II case from them weeks ago (out of stock everywhere else and resellers have taken over). Paid retail, free shipping (3 day, allegedly)... that fucking case sat in their "warehouse" for 3 days and didn't show up until the middle of the next week. Spoiled by Amazon and Newegg I suppose but that shit was infuriating.

spronk

FPS noob
just sticking this up as a list i saw on reddit of a PC build pre 3080, be interesting to see how this shakes out in the next 30 days

^ that list above is bare bones, $2615 without a GPU using an i9-10900k. It includes the OEM cost of Windows 10 which you can really buy for < $10 on reddit. Probably overboard on cooler, motherboard, NVME, and PSU too i'm sure you can get something cheaper/cost effective. Virtually nothing is on sale too, most of the time I see these parts go for 30-50% discounts on the reg.

but it'll be interesting to see a build out after AMDs announcement. Not my list of parts, just something i saw on /r/nvidia

nu_11

In my situation friend PC is literally on its last leg so i built a 3900x for her because her video card died - She has an i7 860 from like 11 years ago or so and was using a 970 - so even this upgrade will keep her going for like another 4-5 years and can upgrade if ever the need - but considering shes been using a 970 and 60hz panel im sure she will be content and shocked by something more recent.
Did you literally buy a 3900x for your friend’s gaming computer? I hope you paid for it and not her. If she paid for it you sound like a terrible friend.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Is there any real differences between a FE card and something from EVGA/MSI? nerd cred aside, that is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
i don't know much about CPUs anymore but i guess zen 3 will be 10 core CPUs. i think they are announcing this stuff... soon?

Neg but it may include a 10 core version which the previous releases did not - thats the rumor -

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I really want the 3090, even though I know there's no reason to own it. The 3080 (hell, the 3070) would be more than sufficient to run any current games (or even future games for the next 2 or 3 years), but damn if I don't want that kind of power.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well with new consoles there should be a decent jump in power required this time so getting a 3090 wouldn't be completely unnecessary(especially if you're looking at 4K). I'll probably wait until next year to upgrade, if I even do though, might just wait for the 40xx series instead.