NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Fadaar

That guy
Meh fuck it. I'll get a card at some point in the next few months, not too concerned.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
^^^They dont give a shit because the bots are instrumental in building up initial hype. People want things more when they cant have them.

Same thing will happen to the consoles the first 6 mos.

This. Nvidia WANTS this out of stock hype.

Decrease the return window. Increase the chances of scalpers getting stuck with stock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, same. Ill probably hold out and wait and just upgrade my mo bo, memory, proc and of course a new power supply at the same time. Although my i5 9600K is still a beast for gaming. But I will probably give that old shit to my kid along with the 1070 and just upgrade everything at the same time.

I think its also a mistake to buy this shit up the first minute, especially when AMD still does nto have their showing, along with pricing, which might re-arrange the market to our favor in the near future.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im expecting 3080s and 3090s to show up at same time tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will allow me to grab a 3090 in the 20 second window of availabilty.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I mean NVidia definitely wants you to buy a regular 3080, but you are way better off just waiting for the higher memory one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
How I feel. Will just put my name in the hat, when I get one I get one.

Yeah, I do not understand why anyone would ever pay over retail for something like this. The idea of paying $7-800 is already silly, let alone a premium for literally nothing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I do not understand why anyone would ever pay over retail for something like this. The idea of paying $7-800 is already silly, let alone a premium for literally nothing.

But...but...it's going to be years until they are in stock according to kegzilla. In fact this whole generation may never even get to be in stock, you either pay the scalper price or just sit out.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I totally get it. New electronics are exciting and the target audience of nerds are bored AF at home. You go from casually paying attention to new cutting edge electronics to being willing to pay $$$ for this garbage because what else are you going to spend your $ on?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I totally get it. New electronics are exciting and the target audience of nerds are bored AF at home. You go from casually paying attention to new cutting edge electronics to being willing to pay $$$ for this garbage because what else are you going to spend your $ on?

B26B0B4A-D7F3-4555-B0EB-534BA403DF4A.jpeg

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I almost understand it more for consoles (still wouldn't fucking pay that bullshit scalper price).

At least with consoles, maybe you're dying to play some new exclusive that you can't get without having the console.

But on PC, I have a 1080, I'm not struggling. Even if you have a lower end card, what are you unable to play?

It just doesn't make sense. I have expendable income, money or not, I still wouldn't ever pay a fucking scalper.

I'd rather upgrade my monitor or my speakers or my desk or my chair with that $5-600 scalper fee. Plus, no way am I giving someone else money because I'm an impatient fucking fool. Fuck that.

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users