NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Haven't followed the supply situation for a while now because I want to replace my entire system in spring. Still, I checked with one of the biggest online stores here for pc hardware to see how bad it is. They don't even have the 3080 (or the 3070) listed as a product or a product category. They don't even fucking bother anymore, so I assume it pops up every now and then when they get a new shipment of 5 cards and then they remove the category again.
3090s you can get a single model from KFA2 (never even heard of them) and that's it. I wish somebody from Nvidia would leak some actual production numbers, this shit is ridiculous.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ammo doesn't require shipping from east Asia, it doesn't require rare materials, it doesn't require subcomponents manufactured only by a handful of companies, it's not particularly complex to make - yet this works?
As Borzak said it actually kind of does.

Back in January two of the most popular calibers, 9mm and 5.56mm cost 12-13 cent per round and 20-25 cent per round respectively. It was in stock at basically every firearms retailer.

As of today 9mm is going for 60-65 cent per round and 5.56mm is going for 65-70 cent per round. And even at those prices stock is very spotty. Hence people are turning to very creative methods to find in stock ammo and the ammo that does come in stock for non ass rape prices.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just like graphics cards. A number of people make it their job or part time job to flip ammo. Find it online with bots and sell it, visit walmart multiple times a day or academy sports and such and sell it online. Every time.

In the US at least, LOT more people trying to buy ammo that top end graphics cards. Multiple website trackers and 500,000 rounds of ammo will disapppear in seconds when it is put up at prices 3-5x higher than it was a few months ago. The only thing keeping gun prices half way low right now is lack of demand, why buy a gun you can't buy ammo for? People never plan ahead. Gun rich, ammo poor. Since I can't really shoot now due to medical shit I sold a number of guns and threw in ammo over the summer. The ammo worked out more than the guns I packaged them with.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just like graphics cards. A number of people make it their job or part time job to flip ammo. Find it online with bots and sell it, visit walmart multiple times a day or academy sports and such and sell it online. Every time.

In the US at least, LOT more people trying to buy ammo that top end graphics cards. Multiple website trackers and 500,000 rounds of ammo will disapppear in seconds when it is put up at prices 3-5x higher than it was a few months ago. The only thing keeping gun prices half way low right now is lack of demand, why buy a gun you can't buy ammo for? People never plan ahead. Gun rich, ammo poor. Since I can't really shoot now due to medical shit I sold a number of guns and threw in ammo over the summer. The ammo worked out more than the guns I packaged them with.

spronk

FPS noob
As Borzak said it actually kind of does.

Back in January two of the most popular calibers, 9mm and 5.56mm cost 12-13 cent per round and 20-25 cent per round respectively. It was in stock at basically every firearms retailer.

As of today 9mm is going for 60-65 cent per round and 5.56mm is going for 65-70 cent per round. And even at those prices stock is very spotty. Hence people are turning to very creative methods to find in stock ammo and the ammo that does come in stock for non ass rape prices.

thats crazy, i have over 100k rounds from stocking up over the years so haven't even looked. I used to buy from sgammo.com on the reg but yeah when I look at their site everything is crazy price wise (compared to past orders) and everything is also OOS. I haven't bothered shooting anything since I have zero desire to go to ranges and the outdoor areas are all jam packed with newbies who I don't want to catch a stray bullet from.

The mix of production shortages from covid, people getting laid off and looking for new sources of income, the proliferation of ecommerce and person-to-person selling, how easy it is to avoid taxes by doing this kind of thing, and the massive rise of work-from-home people who have tons of disposable income and nowhere to spend it has definitely warped a lot of things in the last six months.

Normally manufacturers would just flood supply chains at MSRP but they can't at all right now so essentially price gouging is the norm. In a year or two I'd expect things to stabilize back, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with people who have made a living buying at MSRP and reselling at 2-5x. We're probably on the cusp of an open source ecommerce bot coming out too which will drive the resellers to eat each other alive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus fuck this thing is massive
20201128_141038.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really like the way my 3080 FE looks in my case vs that ugly EVGA card. I hope EVGA comes out with a better looking card when the 3080 TIs come out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really like the way my 3080 FE looks in my case vs that ugly EVGA card. I hope EVGA comes out with a better looking card when the 3080 TIs come out.
Did you underclock it down to a 3060 yet?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

join the queue if its what you need

also for tomorrow

Newegg 3060 Ti Links (NA) : nvidia (reddit.com)

or

Asus -

Gigabyte -

EVGA -

MSI -

Zotac -

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

join the queue if its what you need

also for tomorrow

Newegg 3060 Ti Links (NA) : nvidia (reddit.com)

or

Asus -

Gigabyte -

EVGA -

MSI -

Zotac -

Seriously considering trying to snag one of these and then ebaying my 2060 to recoup like 80% of the cost.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any word anywhere if Best Buy will have any physical stock of these? Wish my Micro Center wasn't an hour away.

Edit: Best Buy reddit is saying "no"

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Any word anywhere if Best Buy will have any physical stock of these? Wish my Micro Center wasn't an hour away.

Edit: Best Buy reddit is saying "no"
Most stores won’t be physically stocking these if they have a web presence, especially in the COVID age.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fry's all but stopped keeping stock of graphics cards in their stores... Expanded their monitor display space though.

• 1Worf

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Almost all models available at NE currently. I just can’t find myself buying a 3060. Will wait