NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks like the 3060 is potentially going to launch at the end of the month selling at $200 over MSRP. This is bonkers. I'm seriously considering just pulling the trigger on a Microcenter built PC even though it is a 2 hour drive. i9-10900kf, RTX 3080, 32GB 3600mhz ram, 1tb m2 for $2,500. I'd prefer to build myself, but I'm not seeing a decent alternative for getting a 3080 anytime soon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like the 3060 is potentially going to launch at the end of the month selling at $200 over MSRP. This is bonkers. I'm seriously considering just pulling the trigger on a Microcenter built PC even though it is a 2 hour drive. i9-10900kf, RTX 3080, 32GB 3600mhz ram, 1tb m2 for $2,500. I'd prefer to build myself, but I'm not seeing a decent alternative for getting a 3080 anytime soon.
I’d just do that. I bet prices and stock are garbage this entire year. Chinese New Year, Covid, morons with stimulus checks, mining. It’s a perfect storm of stupidity.

That price and drive isn’t that bad considering how much this build would cost to build yourself, fighting bots for orders for months, etc. You’ll save a lot of time and headache just getting the prebuilt and driving there.

Molten Core Raider
That looks like a pretty nice prebuilt. I started to link a prebuilt machine on newegg I almost bought for 2100 a few weeks back but that Microcenter one is a fair bit better for a few hundred more.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Honestly at this point people are better off getting a prebuilt and swapping cards and selling it. I kid you not, thats just how the market is right now and likely to be for 6 more months. Ive seen 3060tis over $800 recently as high as $1000 locally on FB. I doubt they are selling that high but thats what people think they can get. A 3080 FE was listed for $2000 which i think is higher than its ever been since all of this started (not counting absurd ebay bullshit).

People complained about scalpers,.. now the old scalper price would be a kindness to them. The prices are going to go up again due to some memory bs so dont be further surprised. Best bet is to try newegg shuffle with an army of gmail/isp accounts all using diff names (newegg does filter some) or be ready for BB drops as much as possible.

Zotac your archenemy? Sorry to say but zotac frequently drops cards at decent price and much cheaper than a scalper. Not the best for overclocking? Likely not but its still better than last gen by leaps and its actual performance vs other cards is marginally worse.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Reality is scalpers are hurting the market.

Reality is Nvidia sold like millions of dollars in cards to miners before hand also. Even IF scalpers werent around there would still be a card shortage and prices would still go up. Nothing is going to change that, scalpers just went ahead and made money off of the situation the same as any company that knows their demand outstrips the supply and can gouge shit.

Anytime people are willing to pay more than msrp for something, it will be sold beyond msrp.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Reality is Nvidia sold like millions of dollars in cards to miners before hand also. Even IF scalpers werent around there would still be a card shortage and prices would still go up. Nothing is going to change that, scalpers just went ahead and made money off of the situation the same as any company that knows their demand outstrips the supply and can gouge shit.

Anytime people are willing to pay more than msrp for something, it will be sold beyond msrp.
How many GPUs have you bought so far?

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Makers found a new top price for the market that could be supported, in low numbers but supported anyway.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unfortunately the KC microcenter doesn't look like they have any 3080s prebuilts, just $3500 3090 one and a bunch of 2060s.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unfortunately the KC microcenter doesn't look like they have any 3080s prebuilts, just $3500 3090 one and a bunch of 2060s.
You need to big ball it than pick up some Crown Prime Beef ribs at Jack stacks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honestly I'm considering it, upswing of half my family dying in the last year is plenty of life insurance money kicking around and a desire to turn my brain off by playing vidya gaem.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I mean my PC is for sale is anyone has a cool 7k theyre sitting on :D

That aside just looked at local marker -

3070s 900+
3080s 1600+
3090s 2200+

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fuckin 2080Tis back up to 800+

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Unfortunately what we're seeing here isn't new, it's just what happens. We've seen in it Bourbon for a long time. There is a lot of it that you just can't get. So people just buy it all up and resell it, so retailers start charging more for it because people are going to pay it and they can't get enough of it to matter anyways.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunately what we're seeing here isn't new, it's just what happens. We've seen in it Bourbon for a long time. There is a lot of it that you just can't get. So people just buy it all up and resell it, so retailers start charging more for it because people are going to pay it and they can't get enough of it to matter anyways.

People suck

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
While I agree with you, it's definitely a result of demand way outstripping supply
I’m curious how much demand has been met. I remember 2-3 months after these released they said they had only met 7% of demand (may be misremembering the time and %. Staying in house for a year straight has fucked my time and memory all up.)

Wonder if they’ve hit 15% yet. I’d love to see actual release numbers and demand. Curious if supply has ramped up at all or if it’s just been worse since release. I got in that EVGA bread line four months ago and still no email lol. I’ve since got a card but staying in the bread line to see how long it takes to fulfill.