NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are the only two options you people have self-building or buying an overpriced big label like Alienware or Razer?

There are a number of PC building companies here where you can get a €2000 Computer for €2200 with part selection menus on their websites showing the exact price on each part.
I've done the math on the last three computers I've bought, every single time the extra cost is so insignificant and you get 2-3 year warranty covering the entire computer rather.

Also that was before this insane parts shortage. Imagine getting everything delivered to build your machine except the one part that is mandatory. Well, not everyone has to imagine, some people are living that hell right now
If you got some baller place in Germany go for it! Otherwise you’ll be waiting another year.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Show me a pc builder that is offering great value and can get me an rtx 3080 in a 10 liter case in 3 business days and I’ll gladly return my razer

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show me a pc builder that is offering great value and can get me an rtx 3080 in a 10 liter case in 3 business days and I’ll gladly return my razer

is € 1225 (with tax) great value?

1617519750893.png

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks great! Clearly a snapshot of a price of an rtx 3080 checks off every box in the message you quoted from me. Thanks for the heads up herr

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yes, memtest86 and prime95, extensively. Computer is rock solid on prime95 even with stress testing with AVX instructions, so it's definitely not a CPU or memory issue.

I'm really starting to think it was the UPS but I'm swapping in the bigger PSU tonight anyway after watching a couple other videos and posts on the topic of 3080s and 3090s tripping out 750W power supplies.

I upgraded to a better set of 16x2 DIMMs with tight timings, started getting frequent crashes booting up VR, and was convinced it was the ram, as it wasn't on the QVL. But I had ordered a 1000w G3 PSU, so before I gave up completely on the ram, I installed it, and haven't had a crash since. So yeah bigger, better PSU is definitely worth a shot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like I said before it does not really matter. The bottleneck is there already. It does not matter how much you fill up the bottle with orders at this point. Its all fucked until the new fabs are up and running. How many orders do you think Dell has? ibuypower?HP?

Molten Core Raider
Well, I may have boned my card, or my card may have boned me, Im not sure which. I did the resizable bar thing the other day and after nearly two months with no issues, I have issues. I was playing Black Desert and when the game went into a cut scene, my card tried to take flight. Fans went into overdrive, all monitors went black. I could still hear stuff, but no video output. I hard reset the machine, everything came back and worked like normal. An hour later, another cut scene, another attempted take-off, monitors black again. This time, nothing came back up. The computer works fine, but there's no video output at all.

I dug out an old gtx 770, disabled the bar in the bios and rolled back the video driver but the card still doesnt wanna work. Got a buddy who will try to revert the vbios tomorrow but it's not looking good :(

Molten Core Raider
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra. I cant imagine Black Desert could push that card into overheating. I was watching a twitch vod on another monitor at the time too, but still...

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw talk about PSU's earlier, my Corsair 750W have zero issues with a 3080 and 5900x so far. Granted it was bought 6 months ago.

The whole PC is a minor heat factory though while gaming for sure.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra. I cant imagine Black Desert could push that card into overheating. I was watching a twitch vod on another monitor at the time too, but still...
You said it was a cutscene each time, is it possible that the cutscene had uncapped frames and was doing like 300 fps or something?

Molten Core Raider
I guess it's possible. Using your suggestion about vram overheating, I searched for Black Desert causing those sorts of issues and apparently it's a thing, and has been for a while. The game has been causing cards to overheat for years. I guess the question at this point is, if that's what happened, is the card screwed?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Computer part prices are TOO DAMN HIGH.

First it was GPUs and PSUs, now even cases are getting jacked the fuck up.

Must be the Choina tariffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user