NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

spronk

FPS noob
I won the Newegg Shuffle today.... on a day when I didn't feel motivated to go in on any of the crap bundles, so I went with what looked to be the best of the bad.
I now have 1 hour to pull the trigger.

Asus TUF 3080 + ASUS TUF VG27WQ 27" 1440P monitor for $1426

I'm sitting here staring at my fully built and way too expensive system, just missing a GPU, and feeling like I have to do it.

View attachment 357999

jesus christ your PC is whiter than Michael Jackson

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I won the Newegg Shuffle today.... on a day when I didn't feel motivated to go in on any of the crap bundles, so I went with what looked to be the best of the bad.

I'm sitting here staring at my fully built and way too expensive system, just missing a GPU, and feeling like I have to do it.

View attachment 357999

I guess, worst case, I can flip the GPU and sell the monitor for $50 under retail.
Props to the vision - id go with a vision for an all white build too - The intel Vision boards look better than the AMD counterparts tho which bothers me

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Weird fan setup. It blows the heat down, which then gets sucked in again as it rises?
The heat is going to be blown out by the fans the entire time. Heat rising is not going to counteract that, it isn’t an aggressive force.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Weird fan setup. It blows the heat down, which then gets sucked in again as it rises?
I don't mind eating some crow. it's been a decade since my last build, but I thought that exhaust was out the back (side of the fan with the struts, back of the label.)
As such, my intention was intake bottom and side, exhaust top and back. Is that not what I've done?

the 3080 TUF arrives next week, there is still time to humble myself and make it right.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
oh, and screw RGB. i didnt think I was an idiot (though you may have already proved that), but I'm sitting here staring at the cables coming off my Galahad AIO, my UNI fans, and my STRIMER mobo cable, and scratching my head. I'm 99% sure that the cables that came with all the above are not sufficient to connect them all to the UNI fan controller.

1623558644224.png

I've watched some vids and read some reddits and I'm pretty sure I'd need to buy ANOTHER set of Lian Li aRGB cables to get the correct multi-cable converter.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I just checked pcpartpicker for like the millionth time, and also googled o11d mini uni fan to see what images are showing... and like 19/20 are in the same config as mine... aren't they?

not that other people cant fuck it up too, but I mean. I've built nearly a dozen boxes since the 90s and read up plenty on this one. what am I missing?

1623559134057.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks fine to me, intake through the bottom and side, exhaust through the back and (presumably) top.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
3090 is a waste, get a 3080. Unless youre a developer or something. The extra frames in gaming are not worth the markup and you will never use that amount of ram on that card.
You will never need more than 640KB of RAM.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That card will be dead and buried before you use all that ram lol. Youre paying $1000 markup for shit you will never ever use. But hey its your moneys.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That card will be dead and buried before you use all that ram lol. Youre paying $1000 markup for shit you will never ever use. But hey its your moneys.
Yes, most games using 6 to 8GB Vram with 4K textures and the PS5 with its 16gb unified ram it will be unlikely a game will go fully retard using more than 10gb. However on the pc you can spent up to 32GB Vram in Skyrim if you go crazy with 8k textures en mass and some games like godfall e.g. already use 12GB in 4K. But yes, 3080 with 10gb should be good in 95% .

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I just checked pcpartpicker for like the millionth time, and also googled o11d mini uni fan to see what images are showing... and like 19/20 are in the same config as mine... aren't they?

not that other people cant fuck it up too, but I mean. I've built nearly a dozen boxes since the 90s and read up plenty on this one. what am I missing?

View attachment 358131
You are good. No idea what he is talking about.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was able to score this for $1600. It's not too bad, but apparently runs a little hot, and only has a single RAM stick that you would want to add to. I don't need it, and unsure if I'll jam a 1080Ti into it, and then try and re-sell the whole system or what.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Was able to score this for $1600. It's not too bad, but apparently runs a little hot, and only has a single RAM stick that you would want to add to. I don't need it, and unsure if I'll jam a 1080Ti into it, and then try and re-sell the whole system or what.

Great score - toss in a 1080ti and sell it for 12-1300 or so - can maybe get more if you can milk AMD FSR on the 22nd :D

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
In stock as of 2:33EST NE Region

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Supreme Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9-11900KF - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 1TB SSD - Black​

HP OMEN - Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 1TB SSD - Jet Black​

Nola

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 357999

I guess, worst case, I can flip the GPU and sell the monitor for $50 under retail.
Is this your post on Reddit? Looks like the same rig from the PCmasterrace subreddit.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user