NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Fuck me, I just paid $800 for a 11200 intel chip with 3050ti .... for an extra $200 I would have jumped on that immediately. :(

If possible buy this and return that when they confirm it will actually ship at that price - assuming offer is still going.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If possible buy this and return that when they confirm it will actually ship at that price - assuming offer is still going.
Yea, too late to return to Best Buy, but I'll figure out something to do with it. Put the order in and we'll see if they actually ship out or not! Thanks Xexx!! big upgrade in all aspects from my ASUS TUF laptop.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I kinda want it over my MacBook but I have 60 day return so I may send it back to BB when the new razer blade preorders go live at end of month.

Crone

I kinda want it over my MacBook but I have 60 day return so I may send it back to BB when the new razer blade preorders go live at end of month.
Just had them update my account with the educational discount, so it comes in $851.50 before tax. Lol

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When Dell price errored SSDs the earliest were shipped before they could cancel, but this is a laptop and would obviously take time to move. No one is getting lucky.

Daidraco

The price for me still says $851 but out of stock. Certainly hope they honor it but HP has a history of canceling orders so good chance they won't.
Last I heard, HP was competing with Dell for how much bloatware they install on their PC's. If that still stands as true, have fun formatting and reinstalling windows for the first hour, making sure it doesnt connect to the internet in that time.

Crone

Last I heard, HP was competing with Dell for how much bloatware they install on their PC's. If that still stands as true, have fun formatting and reinstalling windows for the first hour, making sure it doesnt connect to the internet in that time.
This is hardly a detriment and well worth the hour of time if they send me a 11800H processor with a 3070 laptop. Lol

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The issue I had with the current HP Omen thing I have is it fucks up with installing different versions of windows. I tried a few times the first day and just kinda gave up on it. Basically it has the windows install saved up in there somewhere so that if you format for whatever reason, it'll reinstall windows on its own(I guess for retarded customers). The problem is it fucks up with normal windows installs too. I was trying to get the professional version installed, and as long as I had a USB stick in, it'd work normally, but then once you install the pro version and reboot without the stick to finish the install, it'll start the install process of the home version that's saved on the PC directly. Annoying shit so eventually just installed home.

It has some shitty program thing to configure stuff too, but seems you can just uninstall it after changing a few things(fan speed profile and such, which sadly isn't actual fan speed and more like high/medium/low stupid shit).

Overall, it was annoying, but the price was good at the time for the components, so don't regret it too much. Oh it heats up like a motherfucker too, was planning on changing fans but wasn't sure it was gonna help so I'm just playing with the case open. It's not really noisy on idle and a bunch of games I play don't push it far enough for it to make noise either(FFXIV and MH Rise for example basically run on "idle" or so, so barely makes any noise). Obviously bunch of dust will accumulate inside this way but I can just remove that every now and then.

I wouldn't buy one again if I have the choice, but there's not that many options due to shortages.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

An hour? What is this 2002? Windows takes about 10-20 mins these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The issue I had with the current HP Omen thing I have is it fucks up with installing different versions of windows. I tried a few times the first day and just kinda gave up on it. Basically it has the windows install saved up in there somewhere so that if you format for whatever reason, it'll reinstall windows on its own(I guess for retarded customers). The problem is it fucks up with normal windows installs too. I was trying to get the professional version installed, and as long as I had a USB stick in, it'd work normally, but then once you install the pro version and reboot without the stick to finish the install, it'll start the install process of the home version that's saved on the PC directly. Annoying shit so eventually just installed home.

It has some shitty program thing to configure stuff too, but seems you can just uninstall it after changing a few things(fan speed profile and such, which sadly isn't actual fan speed and more like high/medium/low stupid shit).

Overall, it was annoying, but the price was good at the time for the components, so don't regret it too much. Oh it heats up like a motherfucker too, was planning on changing fans but wasn't sure it was gonna help so I'm just playing with the case open. It's not really noisy on idle and a bunch of games I play don't push it far enough for it to make noise either(FFXIV and MH Rise for example basically run on "idle" or so, so barely makes any noise). Obviously bunch of dust will accumulate inside this way but I can just remove that every now and then.

I wouldn't buy one again if I have the choice, but there's not that many options due to shortages.
Before you install windows you make sure to get rid of the partitions on there that have that BS stored. Which is also possible. Look it up they have youtube videos on how to get rid of partitions while installing new windows. OR you just get a brand new NVmE drive. 1 tb versions are like $100-$120 or some shit these days.

Daidraco

Before you install windows you make sure to get rid of the partitions on there that have that BS stored. Which is also possible. Look it up they have youtube videos on how to get rid of partitions while installing new windows. OR you just get a brand new NVmE drive. 1 tb versions are like $100-$120 or some shit these days.
Thats pretty much what I would do if I ever got the point that I needed to buy a prebuilt. Buy the cheapest option they have for storage and then put in a NVMe worth a fk and probably spend less on a Samsung 980 and their cheapest option over them putting in a comparable option to the 980.

Im allergic to laptops so I have like zero experience with those, but I would imagine it isnt that different.