NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've consistently been getting 30 FPS in COD Warzone with my 3080 RTX for several months, even in fullscreen mode.

WTF is happening?

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've consistently been getting 30 FPS in COD Warzone with my 3080 RTX for several months, even in fullscreen mode.

WTF is happening?
Does it hit exactly 30? The only reason I could see that happening is if the frame rate limit in the game settings was set to 30. What resolution are you playing at?

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

WTF is happening?
Sometimes updates, either from Nvidia or Microsoft, will make the OS or the Nvidia Control panel force 30. If you checked those, then Idfk.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Does it hit exactly 30? The only reason I could see that happening is if the frame rate limit in the game settings was set to 30. What resolution are you playing at?

Resolution is 3840 x 2160... Wooooow. Changed it to 2560 x 1080 and saw an immediate 60 FPS jump. Holy shit.

It wasn't actually showing my Render Resolution and I had to click into the "advanced" field to see it and now it's showing it. Why in the world would it default to 2160 and not show me, lol. I've watched several videos and noone ever mentioned resolution.

THANK YOU!

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Resolution is 3840 x 2160... Wooooow. Changed it to 2560 x 1080 and saw an immediate 60 FPS jump. Holy shit.

It wasn't actually showing my Render Resolution and I had to click into the "advanced" field to see it and now it's showing it. Why in the world would it default to 2160 and not show me, lol. I've watched several videos and noone ever mentioned resolution.

THANK YOU!
Hopefully Warzone 2 has a more efficient graphics engine. I'm running warzone on two 3080 systems at 1440p and still get some texture issues and odd and random FPS drops. This guy has one of the better graphics settings videos:

• 1Like

Daidraco

holy shit, just imagine what U5 and 4 series could do

How is this Skyrim in UE5? Im confused.

Looks great, but I'd still want to see the out of focus blur cleaned up and the hard edges softened. I also do not think this is even remotely close to pushing the envelope for that video card or what UE5 can do.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah looks great, but just in gaming terms, the ground clutter kinda gets in the way of killing shit and looting :D

spronk

FPS noob
AMD zen4s launching sep 27, $300-700

sounds like the sweet spot this fall will be a 7900 paired with an nvidia 4090 or 4070?

AMD says zen4 will be 29% faster for gaming and 44% better for general productivity, so probably somewhere closer to 15-20% better gaming wise and less thermals

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I find myself fighting urge to get another 16core cpu for my Team Fight Tactics and Destiny2 playing - a 4090 and a 45 inch curved OLED

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My 5900X handles basically everything I throw at it. It's hard to justify a complete rebuild just yet.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
My 5900X handles basically everything I throw at it. It's hard to justify a complete rebuild just yet.
Just wait for the GPUs and see what performance gain that is. A new CPU of the next generation is never a big enough improvement to make sense.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just wait for the GPUs and see what performance gain that is. A new CPU of the next generation is never a big enough improvement to make sense.
Oh, I want the new CPU, no question. That 76MB cache is sexy. But, a whole new socket, MB, RAM, etc.? Ugh..

As far as GPUs go, I'm sure they're going to limit supply to drive up demand and I expect a similar repeat to the 2020-2021 era. I'll probably wait for the 6900s to drop to around $6-700 and snag one to replace my 6700. I doubt I'll fuck with the new GPUs, especially with the suspected power draw.

spronk

FPS noob
its hilarious when i run cpu comp sites to see how much faster a new CPU would be than my 5 year old i7-6700k

1661874118361.png

the middle one is basically whats in a steam deck, which is basically whats in my desktop PC too. I'd see a ludicrous jump in performance upgrading, and it'll be even more wild if I go to a AMD 6xxx zen 4.

It is crazy though how most of the perf gains in the past 10 years have basically been due to stacking more cores vs clock speed gains.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I mean youre comparing a 4 core proc to a 12 core (200% increase) which im sure will skew the results considerably under their benchmark software where im sure it tessts all that shit. But if you notice the single core rating its better, sure, (38%) but not in the way the 12 cores that skew results the benchmark does (340%).

You should really compare a 4 core of a previous gen to a 4 core of today.

Last edited:

Sludig

How is this Skyrim in UE5? Im confused.

Looks great, but I'd still want to see the out of focus blur cleaned up and the hard edges softened. I also do not think this is even remotely close to pushing the envelope for that video card or what UE5 can do.
Now make it in a full vr experience. I bet you see people die from horror game heart attacks