Obscure TV Shows

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Time Trax!

this thread also reminds me of kung fu the: legend continues, but I'm pretty sure that was never considered obscure
the bitch the dude likes would also go on to be the bitch that van damm likes in timecop which is basically the same premise

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone needs to change the name of this thread from Obscure TV Shows to Shows that every middle aged guy on the forum watched as they were growing up.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someone needs to change the name of this thread from Obscure TV Shows to Shows that every middle aged guy on the forum watched as they were growing up.
pretty sure the obscure shows are shows that lasted maybe 2 seasons. i think the only hit shows i listed were Fame. i dont think anyone here but me was into the show. i watched a clip after i linked that intro and it gave me such a hit of high school nostalgia, that i got really weirded out.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do Over. I don't think this even lasted a season (my google is broke so I can't check right now), but it was a great concept. Dude has a heart attack and finds himself reliving his teenage years with all of his adult memories. Trying to right the things that went wrong. It was a lot like Wonder Years. I often thought about what I'd do in that situation.

There was another similar series about a dude who died and perfectly balanced St Peter's scales, so he was sent back in time by God to guide his younger self into being good enough to get into heaven. Can't remember the name, but it was decent too.

And I still sometimes can't believe I watched and liked this show. NOT THE MAMA!

MV5BOWFkYjgzNmYtMjk4MC00NzliLTk1OGItNjBlNjllZGJhMDE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
here's one that was always on as a kid, its before my time, but it was in syndication i guess all the way through the 80s. created by Bob Kane.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It’s quirky and weird cop show with Jeremy Renner.

Cybsled

I used to tell people this show existed and no one ever believed me. Pretty sure it was only on for 1 season and even as a little kid, I thought it was pretty dumb

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I used to tell people this show existed and no one ever believed me. Pretty sure it was only on for 1 season and even as a little kid, I thought it was pretty dumb

there were so many pop culture cash grab cartoons in the 80s. there was a Pac man, Donkey Kong. Happy Days, (a time travel themed show), Laverne & Shirley , Strawberry Shortcake, Pound Puppies etc. i couldnt keep up with all of them. there were a shit ton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Someone already did Mysterious Seven Cities of Gold, so here was its companion piece on early Nickelodeon, which was also fucking awesome.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One I loved as a kid
another Star Wars influenced cartoon, but my dad and I watched it every Saturday morning. it was pretty pimpin.

is it fair if we also talk about obscure but really cool TV movies?
they remade The Time Machine for TV back in the 70s and it was the first version i ever saw and so it will always be the coolest one. check out some scenes and maybe some might remember it.

oh and there is a really scary TV movie i saw as a kid. its still super creepy. its called Dark Night Of The Scarecrow. its an exceptional movie, but made for TV.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do Over. I don't think this even lasted a season (my google is broke so I can't check right now), but it was a great concept. Dude has a heart attack and finds himself reliving his teenage years with all of his adult memories. Trying to right the things that went wrong. It was a lot like Wonder Years. I often thought about what I'd do in that situation.

There was another similar series about a dude who died and perfectly balanced St Peter's scales, so he was sent back in time by God to guide his younger self into being good enough to get into heaven. Can't remember the name, but it was decent too.

And I still sometimes can't believe I watched and liked this show. NOT THE MAMA!

MV5BOWFkYjgzNmYtMjk4MC00NzliLTk1OGItNjBlNjllZGJhMDE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_.jpg

it says obscure

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I mean.... how has nobody mentioned Dino Riders?

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Dino riders, mask, transformers etc were all pretty mainstream

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande

My favorite cartoon as a kid. The female mummy was hot and the intro was awesome.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
people are stretching the definition of obscure pretty wide.

is someone going to post Beast Wars next?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users