Obscure TV Shows

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not sure if obscure but two of my favorite one off, one season shows was

Double Rush (hilarious bike messenger show with an all star comedian cast)
DL Hugley
David Arquette
Adam Goldberg
Sam Lloyd
Robert Pastorelli

And
Clone High (which had almost the exact same cast as scrubs)
Jfk and the principal slayed in that show.

Also, wtf happened to spin city and why can't you stream it or news radio?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Not sure if obscure but two of my favorite one off, one season shows was

Double Rush (hilarious bike messenger show with an all star comedian cast)
DL Hugley
David Arquette
Adam Goldberg
Sam Lloyd
Robert Pastorelli

And
Clone High (which had almost the exact same cast as scrubs)
Jfk and the principal slayed in that show.

Also, wtf happened to spin city and why can't you stream it or news radio?
Pluto TV app has Spin City for free, News Radio no clue.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So as a kid in the wee early hours I once watched a game show where the contests slapped each other for money and other bizarre shit. It concluded with husband and wife playing Russian Roulette with each other. The wife just pulled the trigger over and over until the host grabbed it away from her. During commercial breaks instead of cutting away you stayed on set and watched what happens when advertisements play. I was 9 or 10 and it broke my fucking mind. I tried explaining it to my mother and I had to sound like a crazy person. She said it was ever on again to let her know. I tried finding another episode of this game show and never, ever could.

This is that show -

"For the sum of 2500 dollars you must strike your loved one in the face."

Man, it's just as dark as I remember it too. The wife saying "I hate you" to her husband and just pulling the trigger one time after another to win 100,000 dollars.

it turned out to be an episode of a Christian Twilight Zone knockoff, I still can't believe anyone aired the fucking thing

skipped through it and in the 4-5 seconds it was painfully obvious this was scripted

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need to watch this Sledge Hammer show. That looks like quality 80s TV.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
One I loved as a kid

Thundarr got a nice Blu ray release this past year where they went back to the original animation masters and scanned them in. Absolutely beautiful and full of details that never were visible in the original broadcast.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I need to watch this Sledge Hammer show. That looks like quality 80s TV.
it was tongue in cheek. my dad liked it, but young teenage chuk could take it or leave it.

another obscure show was Police Squad!. i didnt like it that much when it aired. when the naked gun movies came out years later i went back to rewatch the Police Squad episodes. nope, still didnt care for them. the jokes were watered down for tv and didnt have thir edge

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Thundarr got a nice Blu ray release this past year where they went back to the original animation masters and scanned them in. Absolutely beautiful and full of details that never were visible in the original broadcast.
Oh I'll have to look at getting that one. Thanks!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
any Brits here who had obscure TV shows they watched? we used to get some stuff here, but i think it was big over in the UK. like we had Benny Hill, but that was a big show. we also had the Paul Hogan show which was likely big for the Aussies. was also something called The Goodies. which was sketch comedy in the vein of Monty Python.

Goatface

Another from my early childhood:

never seen that before, but suddenly had flashback of
1641250970883.png

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
After playing some Vampire The Masqurade I've been looking up Vampire shows, there's Buffy and then there's this show call Kindred:The Embraced which is based on the Vampire universe.

As I was scrolling through these to make sure no one had said my thoughts already, I was specifically thinking of these two shows. Glad to see someone else watched them at least.

Kindred: The Embraced was fantastic, and when I later found out (through this forum) that the lead actor died in a motorcycle accident (I think) I was pretty bummed even years later. I have this entire series "archived" so I can watch it again whenever I want, as I don't remember ever seeing it streaming anywhere.

As far as Blackstar, the thing I remember most (besides his awesome flying mount, Warlock I think?) is in one of the episodes the bad guy joined the two halves of the sword together, and instead of that weak white glow, it had this blinding white argent color that was just fucking awesome. At the time I was pretty heavily into shit like the Thomas Covenant books, and I immediately thought that was exactly what white gold wild magic would look like.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Came here to say "Tales From The Darkside" but that was a page 2 post I think. Freaky Deeky intro splash for a little kid in the 80s late night.

This was similar; with the skeery toned down and more morbidly humorous tones turned up.

^ Yeah, Goldblum!

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider

Probably my favourite "indiana jones-esque" show. I keep trying to find a better quality version to do a rewatch but it's pretty obscure.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
skipped through it and in the 4-5 seconds it was painfully obvious this was scripted

I was like 9! I think it must have been on some early morning Christian broadcasting block because it didn't air commercials. Seeing what happens behind the scenes in the show when a commercial should be airing broke my head.