Obscure TV Shows

Goatface

no idea how it holds up, but one of the 1 season show that i was bummed that got cancelled

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of Sliders, UPN had a couple cool shows when it launched -

1641103898615.png

Starred Bruce Greenwood (Captain Pike from the Abrams Star Trek films!) and was about a photographer who took some photos of a political execution in some shit hole and gets his entire life deleted. Despite its high ratings it only lasted one season. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. I remember really liking it.

1641104144799.png

Guys video game breaks in to the real world and he has to hunt down all the baddies, I think one per episode. This is another show that only ran one season. Christopher Lloyd was the main bad guy.

With shows like this that only had the one season they never qualified for proper syndication and I never saw them just on reruns on some other dumping ground. Maybe the got picked along the way as cable continued to expand but I don't watch TV for shit any more. I'd probably never watch this again despite my teen self liking it but I'd give Nowhere Man another spin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

How obscure was Wiseguy and Dream On in the US ? Also, Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

EDIT: Oh! It was a mini serie but : Wild Palms. Best beginning of anything ever.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dream On definitely wasn’t obscure if your family had HBO. All I knew about it was that none of the topics made any sense and none of the characters were relatable to me, but sometimes boobs! And I think about it in the same group as Arliss, Gary Shandling Show (Showtime), and something else I’m forgetting (Sherman Oaks?) that was an HBO/Showtime 1996-1998 period.

I feel like you posted Wild Palms once before and I watched it. Because it is very familiar but only in an Internet kind of way.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
never qualified for proper syndication

One of the things I want to do when I win the lottery is start a TV station that plays nothing but shows that aren't in syndication. Well, maybe not NOTHING BUT, because I will want me some A-team and Dukes of Hazzard mixed in. El Rey is already a lot like that, but I'd go further in on the obscure shows and not try to make any original content. Weekends I'd do marathons of 1 season shows. But during the week I'd have a schedule. You want goofy comedies? Tune in this time every day. You want sci-fi? That's another time slot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching channels on antenna that show older tv shows lately and I came across a Robocop show that I never knew existed.

They took the violence out of it and tried to promote it as a show for teens.
“Took the violence out of it”

Criminal blows up cop car with a bazooka within first three minutes

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this show too. Show about a website that investigates strange things after the creator goes missing, or something like that.

Dashkett

Trakanon Raider

I was always pissed that I never got to see the ending of the Vampire segment, that one was a bit better written than the other parts.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Thanks, fucker. Now that song is stuck in my head.

get on board, step inside, soarrring on a magic ride...

Fuck you.

PS. yes, Misfits of Science was great. Spawned a lot of copies over the years too. Most recent was prolly Alphas, another show cancelled before its time. Which brings us to another show mentioned "Otherworld." The show I will always remember because it was the first in a long, long line of fantasy and sci-fi tv shows that the networks would cancel early. Fuck all those faggots.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that show was the shit, i 150% bet you watched the fuck out of this too.
check out the blatant usage of star wars sound effects . i really enjoyed this show. Louis Gossett Jr was a cool motherfucker my whole life. how him and denzel arent role models, but cold blooded murderers in rap music are i wont ever understand.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Another classic. I thought about it twice yesterday and forgot it before I came back to browse the forums again.

farscape.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanks, fucker. Now that song is stuck in my head.

get on board, step inside, soarrring on a magic ride...

Fuck you.

PS. yes, Misfits of Science was great. Spawned a lot of copies over the years too. Most recent was prolly Alphas, another show cancelled before its time. Which brings us to another show mentioned "Otherworld." The show I will always remember because it was the first in a long, long line of fantasy and sci-fi tv shows that the networks would cancel early. Fuck all those faggots.
here, let me cure you.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Don't know if this counts--it certainly wasn't obscure in my circles, but man what a concept.

Nick Knight, an 800-year-old vampire working as a police detective in modern day Toronto. Wracked with guilt for centuries of killing others, he seeks redemption by working as a homicide detective on the night shift while struggling to find a way to become human again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone ever watch Martial Law? Had some good fight scenes.

• 3Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Time Trax!

this thread also reminds me of kung fu the: legend continues, but I'm pretty sure that was never considered obscure

• 1Like