Office and gaming chairs

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I went balls deep, bought a Steelcase Gesture. I've had it about a week, and it is way, way way way better than my old chair (ikea markus). Way better. Downside: it cost a thosuand bucks. But it has a lifetime warranty etc. The only drawback, so far, is when the back is locked it still moves back a little, not much but enought hat I had to get used to it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I went balls deep, bought a Steelcase Gesture. I've had it about a week, and it is way, way way way better than my old chair (ikea markus). Way better. Downside: it cost a thosuand bucks. But it has a lifetime warranty etc. The only drawback, so far, is when the back is locked it still moves back a little, not much but enought hat I had to get used to it.
maybe jog around the block and it won't move after a few months!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If $400 is my limit, is secretlabs my best bet? I'd get a DXracer but I'm wondering about how comfortable they are for 8+ hours. Since I'm working from home for the foreseeable future I NEED a new chair. Only requirements are that it's durable, quality, built to last, and has a head rest. I'm 6'3", 225 - if that helps.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
maybe jog around the block and it won't move after a few months!
tenor.gif

Chair is badass after a month of so or use. Worth the money, not sure if it was worth the hurt feelings over that burn.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Depends if you want a "gaming" chair like I got, or one of those expensive ones that lasts forever

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Noodleface Noodleface Is the seat wide enough to curl a leg under or shift around? Stiff or cushy padding? How is the front edge, does it feel like it's crimping your leg when reclined? I'm close to buying one and would appreciate the first hand experience!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not super fat, but it's wide enough. I often sit with one leg under me and that works great. That was a factor for me.

It's definitely stiff, I'm not sure if the cloth is different though.

Front edge doesn't crimp that's for sure.

It's solid as a rock and heavy as fuck. Can't stress that enough. If you want a cushy chair this probably isn't it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Noodleface Noodleface Is the seat wide enough to curl a leg under or shift around? Stiff or cushy padding? How is the front edge, does it feel like it's crimping your leg when reclined? I'm close to buying one and would appreciate the first hand experience!
I'm not a wide dude, but it's not that wide, no lazy boy.
Stiff padding.
I'm 5'10" and it's lowest setting has my legs feel like they're dangling.
The head rest is bullshit.
So are the arms, at the end of them is a logo that rubs the arms - absolutely retarded.
Before this chair my most expensive chair was probably $50. This is by far better than that, but not hundreds and hundreds better.
I've owned this since September. Do not recommend.

20200411_164108_009.jpg