Office and gaming chairs

Argarth

On the verandah
Anybody use a foot rest with their chair?
I bought one of these a few months ago on a whim. Makes a difference to me in a couple of subtle ways.

Having my feet (and calves) at rest at a slight angle feels a bit more comfortable, and helps me to stay sitting up straight more easily for long sessions.
May be a related to my build and desk/chair height, but the slight elevation also keeps the edge of the squab from digging into my thighs, reducing numbness on the long haul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Warranty? Seller says 6 years all parts in 2018 but in 2019 a user said lifetime frame 18 months parts.
Trying to compare that to Titan/Titan XL.
Also can you measure distance between the lovely lady humps. Actual flat seat width for me?
6 years is a better warranty than the 2/5 of the Secret Labs and they had this chair listed for 2 years now so not a sell and screw so far.

Also as far as cushioning goes, those arm rests I linked above for $20 will fix that with the 1.5inch memory foam. Already got those as I knew any chair I bought would be the adjustable style arms. Nice thing about them I didn't expect was the hidden zipper inside to remove the foam so you can just toss them in the washer and dryer.

Here you go bud.

17" from inside the humps.
21" deep.
22" including the humps.
34" tall from seat to tallest part of back.

aaaaa.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I like how Brahma found you pictures online of someone with a tape measure
Forensic evidence shows same rug as his room, unless that initial picture was someone else's as well. The murder mystery deepens.
Same specs they claim on their site, but I thought surely it was must be wrong as a chair that heavy duty would certainly have more than 17 inches of flat seat.
No leg crossing. Sad. Back to the gulag board.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anybody use a foot rest with their chair?
Yea, I have too, as my Vertagear chair even when set to it's lowest height, when leaned back is still really tall. As said by someone else above, it's uncomfortable to keep pressure on the hamstrings so I have an old Amazon cardboard box that I just have tucked under my desk. Quite ghetto, but it props my feet up enough.

Brahma Brahma I'm curious of another big guys perspective. Does your chair have tilt resistance crank? My Vertagear chair does, but I cranked it for a long time, and when I leaned back, there was no stopping it from just leaning all the way back. This just a big guy problem, where a chair is never going to give enough tilt resistance, or is Vertagear tilt resistance just shitty?

Also, what's the recommended seat back default angle? I feel like I had it kinda leaned back pretty far, and so when also leaned all the way back in the chair it was pretty low riding! So I moved it pretty straight, and that seems to have done much better. Not sure what I should be doing.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Forensic evidence shows same rug as his room, unless that initial picture was someone else's as well. The murder mystery deepens.
Same specs they claim on their site, but I thought surely it was must be wrong as a chair that heavy duty would certainly have more than 17 inches of flat seat.
No leg crossing. Sad. Back to the gulag board.

Yeah man. It's tight. My legs are against the humps.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yea, I have too, as my Vertagear chair even when set to it's lowest height, when leaned back is still really tall. As said by someone else above, it's uncomfortable to keep pressure on the hamstrings so I have an old Amazon cardboard box that I just have tucked under my desk. Quite ghetto, but it props my feet up enough.

Brahma Brahma I'm curious of another big guys perspective. Does your chair have tilt resistance crank? My Vertagear chair does, but I cranked it for a long time, and when I leaned back, there was no stopping it from just leaning all the way back. This just a big guy problem, where a chair is never going to give enough tilt resistance, or is Vertagear tilt resistance just shitty?

Also, what's the recommended seat back default angle? I feel like I had it kinda leaned back pretty far, and so when also leaned all the way back in the chair it was pretty low riding! So I moved it pretty straight, and that seems to have done much better. Not sure what I should be doing.

Not a crank, but a lever that locks every 1/2 inch? Works perfectly.

Last edited:

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Work just ordered a couple of these for the office. Didn't know Uplift made chairs too! Will review when it comes in.

Oldbased

> Than U
Got my Titan XL cookies and cream softweave yesterday from Secret Labs. Solid chair, no give no wobble even reclined back feet off the floor with 4 cats on my chest which pushes it past 300lbs ( hint 2 cats weigh 20lbs each ) The only bad thing is same as other reviews, bit stiff in seat except it turns out it is the bar under the seat that makes it stuff so I cut a 22" long 4 inches wide of 3 inch gel memory foam I use to make cat beds and put it between bar and seat bottom. It is compressed to about half a inch and took away ass hurt quickly. I am using the padded arm rest covers I pre bought as well, although for the hour before I put them on, it wasn't bad, I just like soft arm rests. $500 chair but 5 year warranty and the company has sold like a million chairs the past year so I am sure they'll be around to honor it. In the end nice strong large chair I can cross my legs in for $100 a year. Happy.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got my Titan XL cookies and cream softweave yesterday from Secret Labs. Solid chair, no give no wobble even reclined back feet off the floor with 4 cats on my chest which pushes it past 300lbs ( hint 2 cats weigh 20lbs each ) The only bad thing is same as other reviews, bit stiff in seat except it turns out it is the bar under the seat that makes it stuff so I cut a 22" long 4 inches wide of 3 inch gel memory foam I use to make cat beds and put it between bar and seat bottom. It is compressed to about half a inch and took away ass hurt quickly. I am using the padded arm rest covers I pre bought as well, although for the hour before I put them on, it wasn't bad, I just like soft arm rests. $500 chair but 5 year warranty and the company has sold like a million chairs the past year so I am sure they'll be around to honor it. In the end nice strong large chair I can cross my legs in for $100 a year. Happy.

Have your cats tried to tear up the fabric on it yet? I was waffling between the leather and the soft weave for the omega I pre-ordered. I went with the soft weave since I imagine my cats will still try to use my chair as a tree and I’m hoping the fabric can handle it, otherwise I might have to bust out the spray bottle for a while.

Oldbased

> Than U
Have your cats tried to tear up the fabric on it yet? I was waffling between the leather and the soft weave for the omega I pre-ordered. I went with the soft weave since I imagine my cats will still try to use my chair as a tree and I’m hoping the fabric can handle it, otherwise I might have to bust out the spray bottle for a while.
As far as scratching, not yet in the 24 hours I've had it. The reason I got the softweave is due to many of the 8000 reviews I found which mentioned pets( a hundred or so ) said it wasn't a issue with their claws and hasn't been yet. Now if they start using it as a clawing post, that is another story and I'll put a stop to it, but I know on previous chairs the PU leather would get punctured over time by claws and show up and Secret Labs claims the soft weave is far more durable and tough than the PU, plus it breathes better. It's going to be a time will tell thing, but rubbing it, it is very soft but clearly very very strong.

Also first chair with a head pillow I am actually using. Between the lumbar and pillow even sitting up I am using it. Normally I toss them. It is that good. The chair back will actually lock facing in quite a bit so for the first time I have a chair that while sitting up that I have my back against. It's already feeling better in that aspect than previous chairs.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Work just ordered a couple of these for the office. Didn't know Uplift made chairs too! Will review when it comes in.

While the back is great and super comfrotable, the seat is not at all. The seatpan isn't deep enough and only comes to about mid thigh and the seat material is cold foam....but not enough of it. I can still feel the hard base under the foam when i sit. It's causing my tailbone pain after an hour. I'm not the only one. Office has come together to return them. Also, the armrests don't lock in place and are made with a rubber surface that causes friction on the forearms.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

The wife and I have DXRacers and our youngest 2 cats have wrecked them. I am hesitant to get more until those asshats get old and arthritic, lol. They are full of energy now though and will climb strait up the back of the chairs like it's a tree!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The wife and I have DXRacers and our youngest 2 cats have wrecked them. I am hesitant to get more until those asshats get old and arthritic, lol. They are full of energy now though and will climb strait up the back of the chairs like it's a tree!

Don't let the cat into your office unless you're in there. That's what I do.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, 1164 sq ft condo. It's our second bedroom we have multi-purposed with a built in two user desk and a murphy bed. Basically the place is small enough it would cut off like 25% of their home to choose the room off.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Don't let the cat into your office unless you're in there. That's what I do.
I wonder what it is like to rule the house like that. Because my cats graciously allow me to live there, I just feed them and clean up after them.

• 1Solidarity