Office and gaming chairs

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I guess a July 20 ship date is actually good then. How's your 3 week review?

Everything it's touted as. It feels a little strange at first if you've never had a mesh chair before (I hadn't) but it's very comfortable and has a very obviously higher build quality than anything I've had in the past.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I'm this close to doing the same. I've now sent back 4 different chairs so far that were highly reviewed but caused me real tailbone pain after 2 hours. Uplift Persuit, Ergochair 2, Boss something to name a few. The Persuit had the best back - by far. It was the most perfectly comfortable fit. Bottomed out the seatpan the first time i sat on it and i'm not a big guy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well the July 20th ship date was apparently very conservative. My HM delivered today in its big-ass box! Was a nice surprise.

Khane Khane I think this fell out of my chair. Any clue what it is? Guitar pick for scale...

1593802529528.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Disregard. It was part of the lumbar support thing. Glad I didn't lose it!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What the fuck are you doing to that chair? It's not a sex swing Soygen Soygen

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any recommendations for a bit of a "wrap-around" style office/gaming chair? I'm finding it harder to game nowadays for longer than an hour or so an I'm realizing a lot of it has to do with my shitty chair. I've seriously considered getting a Titan, but I have a "gaming" chair now and it's uncomfortable as fucking hell (partially because it's significantly cheaper than a Titan, but still..). I like more of a "sprawl" setup and while a Titan does look comfy, I'm concerned it'll have a similar uncomfortable effect as my chair now. I'm even considering saying fuck it and just going to a recliner/LA-Z-BOY setup.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Went ahead and ordered these even though I haven't purchased the Titan yet. I love the longer ones I am using for my Lazyboy now and will use them for every new chair I buy no matter how good it is.

Oldbased Oldbased Hey man. How have these held up over the months?

Oldbased

> Than U
Oldbased Oldbased Hey man. How have these held up over the months?
Very good. I have washed them twice because my cats love to sit on them haha.
They are like new. My only gripe if you can call it that is every several hours I have to move them an inch or so back in place, but that is more about the armrests under being too far back for my liking even when adjusted "4d" forward as far as they will go on the actual chair. I had a Lazyboy chair prior and was spoiled by 12 inch long armrests.

The elastic is as strong as day one and despite constant use by cats to jump up onto them with all claws intact not a single fray, tear or rip.
Without them I would be pretty beat up on my elbows/arm I am confident. Have used 8-12 hours a day for 5 months now.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They are like new. My only gripe if you can call it that is every several hours I have to move them an inch or so back in place, but that is more about the armrests under being too far back for my liking even when adjusted "4d" forward as far as they will go on the actual chair. I had a Lazyboy chair prior and was spoiled by 12 inch long armrests.

The elastic is as strong as day one and despite constant use by cats to jump up onto them with all claws intact not a single fray, tear or rip.
Without them I would be pretty beat up on my elbows/arm I am confident. Have used 8-12 hours a day for 5 months now.

Perfect! Ordered some. Thanks.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Bam! They are very soft and snug on the armrests. Thanks for the recommendation!

IMG_20200911_130818.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I tried a few different things like buying lumbar support foam pillows that strap to the back of the chair, and a few different chairs but it doesnt keep me from slouching. Long story short, I slouched so hard a week ago that I fucked up my back. Back is getting better now but I cant find a regular chair that will force me to keep proper posture

I looked at a bunch of alternatives
but a lot of them are straight up gay, like a giant rubber ball.

Anyone has experience with kneeling chairs? The reviews are encouraging... but theyre mostly from places who are also trying to sell me one, like this one

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I tried a few different things like buying lumbar support foam pillows that strap to the back of the chair, and a few different chairs but it doesnt keep me from slouching. Long story short, I slouched so hard a week ago that I fucked up my back. Back is getting better now but I cant find a regular chair that will force me to keep proper posture

I looked at a bunch of alternatives
but a lot of them are straight up gay, like a giant rubber ball.

Anyone has experience with kneeling chairs? The reviews are encouraging... but theyre mostly from places who are also trying to sell me one, like this one
I had one 20 years ago. They are fine I guess but after two hours or so when stood up my legs would feel.. Crickety? Also they pressed on my upper hamstrings in a strange way that made them tight. Overall, just like with any chair, you have to take breaks and move around.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I had one 20 years ago. They are fine I guess but after two hours or so when stood up my legs would feel.. Crickety? Also they pressed on my upper hamstrings in a strange way that made them tight. Overall, just like with any chair, you have to take breaks and move around.

Do they really activate your core muscles? My core sucks, so if they activate core muscles too, thats a win win

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
No, not really. No more than any other chair. If you sit slouched over it's bad for you just like any chair.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DXRacer Racing Series Gaming Ergonomic Home Office Comfortable Desk Back Computer Chair | Height Swivel, 3D armrest, Strong Mesh and PU Leather, Standard, Black & Red
I love it

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
About to pull a trigger on a Secretlab. Anyone have experience or preference on the upholstery? Feel leather is easier to clean, but I have some durability concerns with it cracking and shit.