Office and gaming chairs

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My Aeron will finally be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get rid of my current chair which squeaks every time I move.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My secret lab omega just came in. This sucker is comfy and thankfully adjusts much higher than my old chair so I don’t have to prop myself on my leg. My only complaint so far is the lumbar pillow not actually attaching to the chair in any way, so it moves around a bit.

7A87FB58-3B41-4970-A1FB-293BCF92A831.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My secret lab omega just came in. This sucker is comfy and thankfully adjusts much higher than my old chair so I don’t have to prop myself on my leg. My only complaint so far is the lumbar pillow not actually attaching to the chair in any way, so it moves around a bit.

View attachment 276326

What does the flat part of the seat measure?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My Aeron will finally be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get rid of my current chair which squeaks every time I move.
You buy new or used? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one. Tired of cheaper chairs squeaking and slowly falling apart.

Khane

New. I made a very half-assed attempt to try to find some used office liquidations but gave up very quickly and ended up buying direct.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just wondering why they are making these gaming chairs so narrow.

I think this is the smallest model SecretLab is making this year and is probably designed with your average Twitch thot in mind. Not sure how big the seat on the Titan is, but it also doesn't have the angled sides on it, so that alone would make up for some butt space.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think this is the smallest model SecretLab is making this year and is probably designed with your average Twitch thot in mind. Not sure how big the seat on the Titan is, but it also doesn't have the angled sides on it, so that alone would make up for some butt space.

Yeah, my seat measure 17", which is JUST enough room for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I stole this from another site:

Tech Guided is supported by its readers. If you purchase products after clicking on links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Home / Gaming Chairs / Secretlab Titan vs Omega: Which Chair is Best for You?
Secretlab Titan vs Omega: Which Chair is Best for You?
By Brent Hale · Updated September 30, 2018 3 Comments

After doing reviews on the Secretlab Titan and Omega, I’ve been getting a lot of viewers asking me which chair between those two they should get.

So, I just figured I’d do a quick comparison post to go over the main differences between the Titan and the Omega gaming chairs in order to help those of you who are on the fence make the right decision.
I’m going to break this post down into five quick categories for comparison: price, size & dimensions, comfort, adjustment options, and aesthetics and design
So, let’s just jump right in and go over how the Omega and Titan differ in those categories.
1. Titan vs Omega: How Much Do They Cost?
First, for price, the Titan comes in at $399. Secretlab does offer financing and so there is the option to make payments on the Titan for as low as $39 per month until it is paid off.
The Omega is a little bit more affordable at $329, or you have the option to make payments on it for as low as $29 per month.
2. How Big are the Omega and Titan?
Now, the biggest difference between the Omega and the Titan are in the two chair’s dimensions.
The Titan is a bit larger of a chair that is designed for medium-to-larger users, whereas the Omega is a bit smaller of a chair that is designed for medium-to-smaller users.
SecretLab Titan Gaming Chair

For the dimensions…
First, the Titan has a backrest length of 34″ whereas the Omega’s backrest is 32″ long.
The backrest width of the Titan is 23″ and the backrest on the Omega is 21″ wide.
Both chairs have a seat width of 22″, but the Titan’s seat is 21″ deep, whereas the Omega’s seat is a bit shorter at 20″ deep.
Finally, for height and weight recommendations, the Titan has a max recommended height of 6’4″ and a maximum weight capacity of 290 lbs.
The Omega is designed for smaller users, as its maximum recommended height is 5’9″ and its maximum weight capacity is 240 lbs—however, Secretlab does recommend the Omega for users that weigh up to 175 lbs. So, even though its max weight capacity is 240 lbs., Secretlab does note that it will probably work better for users around 175 lbs.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well goddamnit, that didn’t take long. I blame my husband for encouraging her. Will let you guys know how well the fabric version holds up to cat claws soon enough, I guess.

14E4B47A-7315-460D-9975-6CCD74B05B41.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing I notice is my seat is entirely flat but yours has raised sides on it, this making the seating area smaller

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it sounds like those measurements include the raised sides, which probably shouldn’t really count. The 14” I measured was just the completely flat part. The raised is kind of nice in that I don’t have to put any effort into keeping my knees from just flopping off to the side too much. I was considering grabbing a Titan instead for the completely flat seat, but this is probably better for my posture since I can’t shove my foot under my ass anymore.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still tuck my leg under occasionally but I offset this by having the back more or less straight up at all times. The only thing that bugs me this many months in is the arm rests wiggle left to right a little

Oldbased

> Than U
A month now with cloth TitanXL( which the seat is almost 20 deep and 23"inches wide and armrests can go out even more )with 7 cats, clawing, jumping, and well causing hell and no issues, not a tear. The seat was hard on my ass at first, I fixed it by ordering a 20x22 cushion cover off Amazon for $10 and stuck in a 20x23 piece of memory foam. Don't need it now my ass adjusted. The seat is so damn huge I can cross my legs and not touch the armrests which is probably my biggest complaint, I wish I could pull the armrests in more. I probably should have got a titan, but I wanted the space and having bought so many chairs that ended up feeling small, I went big.

I love love love the durability and adjustments of the Secret Labs. My back is doing much better than previous years. I normally toss the junk head pillows that come with chairs but even that thing is freaking awesome. Oh well, good to know if I gain 150lbs or get some form of giant disease, I won't have to replace the chair at least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
New. I made a very half-assed attempt to try to find some used office liquidations but gave up very quickly and ended up buying direct.
I bit the bullet and ordered a fully loaded Aeron a few days ago. How long did it take for yours to ship? Mine has an ETA of July 20th...

Khane

I bit the bullet and ordered a fully loaded Aeron a few days ago. How long did it take for yours to ship? Mine has an ETA of July 20th...

I think I purchased it on April 20th and it arrived June 12th.