Office and gaming chairs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good office + gaming chair? I've been buying these piece of shit chairs from Sams Club that, while seem great at the store, end up destroying my back.

Price-wise I'm looking at around the $500 mark being fine. I've been eyeing the DXRacer chairs, but they have many models. I'm 5'6", 150lbs so definitely not a large guy. I'm looking for something that is comfortable to sit in while doing work. I'm a programmer so I need to sit comfortably at the keyboard. Some of the chairs I've bought in the past require one sit back into it thus forcing you to have to sit forward to reach the keyboard -- this murders my back. So I need to comfortably reach the keyboard but also have my back fully supported. Additionally, I'd like for it to double as a gaming chair where I can recline way the hell back and kick my feet up.

Any thoughts appreciated!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I could not be happier with my Secret Lab Titan. You don't need to go that big, you could get something like the Omega and be fine.

It fits all your needs and is amazing. It's helped my posture a lot while gaming, and the I can adjust it to just relax.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I could not be happier with my Secret Lab Titan. You don't need to go that big, you could get something like the Omega and be fine.

It fits all your needs and is amazing. It's helped my posture a lot while gaming, and the I can adjust it to just relax.
Are they available in the U.S.? The only website I can find is Canadian.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I tried out a secret labs chair last week, was waiting for an appointment with my Osteopath who works out the basement of a printing shop. The printing shop had two Secret Labs Chairs, think they were Omega's as they had a separate lumber cushion. Had seen them advertised on Facebook so asked the owner if I could test it.

Was impressed so just ordered a Titan for the office

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still happy with my Titan. I was always skeptical of spending that much money on a chair. It's been worth it for me though

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Having never sat in either the above chair or the secretlabs titan, I may pull trigger on the above just based on aesthetics. I like the overall design of the Titan, but don't love the branding on it. Wish they'd make one that was just all black, no logos no nothing.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any recommendations in the $100-$200 range? That's about all I will be able to convince my boss to spend on one, but I really need a new one. Another guy here has gone through multiple chairs in that range and keeps telling me I should just get whatever his latest purchase is, but I refuse to a) use anything he thinks is good, because he's a giant prick, and b) rely upon his shitty track record and have to beg for a new one in a year or two like he does.

No, I won't be able to convince them that $500 on a chair is worth the expense if I don't have to replace it for 10+ years. My last chair lasted that long and only cost about $100, so I sort of screwed myself there :( They don't make that chair anymore though, unfortunately.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm not a huge dude, so I don't need a special chair in that respect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This one is on sale right now. A bit of a sale, at least.

HeSZJCi.jpg

(Not my picture. Friend likes the chair)
Crank Series Echo Green Gaming Chair

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was buying a new desk recently which I ordered this piece of crap. Cancelled the order the next day, but it showed up anyway, woohooo. Put it together and I am convinced they sent it anyway just to get rid of stock. Ended up at office depot and grabbed Realspace® Magellan Performance Collection. Love the desk but found the best chair I've ever had. I only look for chairs I can easily leave the arms off so I can play guitar while sitting in them. This thing is just comfy, hopefully stays that way overtime.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Instead of buying a a new cheap chair every few years, I finally grabbed an aeron for $560 last month. Do not regret it one bit.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Instead of buying a a new cheap chair every few years, I finally grabbed an aeron for $560 last month. Do not regret it one bit.
The Aerons look so simple it triggers my skepticism.

I ended up ordering Titan for $200 less

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Im about to buy a secret lab titan. My old chair is dying on me and not staying up correctly and stuff.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Back in March, I picked up a Vertagear chair, and it's not been a little while after that I started having tailbone pain. I'm not sure I really blame the chair, as it's also happening while driving for more than an hour straight or so. Standing up and walking around fixes it, and I'm good for a while longer, but as a bunch of nerds we all know that if we don't have to get up, we don't want too.

It's big, and I feel like it definitely supports my big ass, but regardless of where I put the lean on the back, it's just slightly off comfort wise. How do you guys usually do it? When I game, I'm leaned all the way back, so I have the back very far forward. Maybe I should lock the lean, and just lean the back that way to make it more comfortable.

Also, jooka jooka , I've eyed those Serta chairs for a while now, in an almost identical situation where I bought a desk from them, and in all the back and fourth to get it fixed I saw the chairs. The Hensley is the model I want, but it's more expensive. Thinking of selling my Vertagear chair, but the after-market is trash, with all the $99 trash knock offs on the market.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Back in March, I picked up a Vertagear chair, and it's not been a little while after that I started having tailbone pain. I'm not sure I really blame the chair, as it's also happening while driving for more than an hour straight or so. Standing up and walking around fixes it, and I'm good for a while longer, but as a bunch of nerds we all know that if we don't have to get up, we don't want too.

It's big, and I feel like it definitely supports my big ass, but regardless of where I put the lean on the back, it's just slightly off comfort wise. How do you guys usually do it? When I game, I'm leaned all the way back, so I have the back very far forward. Maybe I should lock the lean, and just lean the back that way to make it more comfortable.

Also, jooka jooka , I've eyed those Serta chairs for a while now, in an almost identical situation where I bought a desk from them, and in all the back and fourth to get it fixed I saw the chairs. The Hensley is the model I want, but it's more expensive. Thinking of selling my Vertagear chair, but the after-market is trash, with all the $99 trash knock offs on the market.
tailbone pain, adjust your lumbar support

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've still got the chair, still super comfy for me. I actually just ordered new wheels for it that should be here today. I moved to a different room that has carpet and the dumb desk mat I got slides forward over time. From reading, these rollerblade style wheels work fine on carpet and you don't need the mat.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm considering getting a new chair now since I am working from home a lot and between that and gaming etc it seems like now is the time I can justify the purchase. Right now I've got an Ikea Markus, it's not the worlds worst chair or anything but it definitely doesn't feel great to spend the entire day in. I've used both an Aeron and an Embody at the office, I think I like the Embody better. But it looks like I can get an Aeron for about 400 off craiglist and an Embody for about 850. Not sure the Embody is worth the extra scratch. Is there another alternative I should maybe be looking at? The steelcase chairs look ok but I haven't ever sat in one and they look more difficult to find locally.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I need to invent a chair, because I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in my specific chair needs and I could be rich!

What I need, essentially, is for the front edge of the chair to be the best part of the chair, since that's the only part I get to sit on. My cat pokes me and gives me this pitiful look until I scoot forward and she can jump behind me and curl up. She would probably sit on my lap (like she does when I'm in my recliner watching TV), but the way my setup is there isn't a lot of room for that and she gets in the way of my typing or playing a game.

Don't tell me that none of you know my pain! I can't tell her no either, her face is so pitiful when I try! Oddly enough, she seems to know when I'm jerking it and doesn't even try to jump up. But she knows instantly when I sit down to play a game or do some work, or shitpost, etc.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users