Oscars 2015

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck me for thinking birdman was another ''insert generic superhero movie here''.

Guess i gotta watch that now and Whiplash. I was hoping for interstellar to have more of a presence to. And when is Jake Gyllenhaal gonna receive an oscar...

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watch whiplash first, Birdman was way overhyped and shouldnt have won best picture. Deserved Director and actor though. Could be an argument for GBH though

Whiplash
GBH
Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
were better overall movies than birdman

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Redmayne definitely deserved it. Birdman is a better movie, but Redmayne's transformation and depiction were remarkable. The only real upset in my opinion is Patricia Arquette. Her 5 minutes of screentime were the best part of that crappy movie, but that's not saying much.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watch whiplash first, Birdman was way overhyped and shouldnt have won best picture. Deserved Director and actor though. Could be an argument for GBH though

Whiplash
GBH
Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
I liked Birdman better than all of these. I wish Enemy could have been up for it as it was actually far more entertaining than Nightcrawler.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Whiplash
GBH
Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
I thought Birdman was pretty good, but I think it won best picture based on the unique way it was filmed. Filming the movie so it appears to be one long, continuous shot is painstakingly difficult, and I think they rewarded the director and the film because of that.

Homsar

Best supporting actress was weak so her winning wasnt a big deal and she was in the movie much more than 5 minutes unlike Hawke

Homsar

I thought Birdman was pretty good, but I think it won best picture based on the unique way it was filmed. Filming the movie so it appears to be one long, continuous shot is painstakingly difficult, and I think they rewarded the director and the film because of that.
One shots are for director which it won, doing oneshots doesnt mean best film

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It beat out three biopics, the token movie with black people, Wes Anderson movie #52, a steaming pile of shit, and whiplash. Not a shocking win.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
One shots are for director which it won, doing oneshots doesnt mean best film
I agree. However, in all honesty, it was a very weak year overall for movies, and I actually think "The Imitation Game" was the best picture I saw last year. I'd put "Foxcatcher" second, and that one wasn't even nominated.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
As far as the show itself went, I thought Neil Patrick Harris did a pretty sub standard job as the host. The only time I actually laughed is when he made fun of John Travolta. Lady Gaga was amazing in her homage to "The Sound of Music." I had no idea she had chops like that. Super disappointed there was no special tribute to Robin Williams. One of the greatest actors in the history of Hollywood deserves better than that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Whiplash
GBH
Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
Oscar betting pro-tip. If there's a movie about explicitly or implicitly about hollywood/show business up for best picture, always pick that one.

Birdman, Shakespeare in Love, Argo...

spronk

FPS noob
but what about gays or slaves or trannies, don't they trump self-love?

i've seen gone girl and whiplash and liked em both, will get around to birdman but not sure i would enjoy nightcrawler. is it interesting or just jake being weird

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Lady Gaga's and John Legend/Commons performances were the highlights of the night for me.

I think I'm the only one here who couldn't stand GBH.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oscar betting pro-tip. If there's a movie about explicitly or implicitly about hollywood/show business up for best picture, always pick that one.

Birdman, Shakespeare in Love, Argo...
Yeah, but on the flipside, you have losers including Hugo (though that was beat by The Artist), Good Night and Good Luck, The Aviator, and Moulin Rouge.