Oscars 2015

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I definitely dont think it was his best film, Royal Tenenbaums was much better, best director was pretty weak this year. Boy hood just took 12 years, Fincher(Gone Girl) and Gilroy (nightcrawler) should have been nominated but I dont think they should have won over Alejandro

Lady Gaga's and John Legend/Commons performances were the highlights of the night for me.

I think I'm the only one here who couldn't stand GBH.
No love for everything is awesome?

Northerner

N00b
Well shit, after the nods here I went and watched Whiplash. How the hell did I miss such a great fucking movie! 10/10, will watch again.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think if you like "Everything is Awesome" over "Glory" it makes you into a bad person.

Luckily I'm totally okay with that.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
My main gripes:
1)way too much filler, not enough time on the awards themselves.
2)at one point i asked my gf if we were suddenly watching the grammys.
3)I understand the need to cut down neverending speeches. That said, its the highlight of these people carrier. Cut down on the other bs, see point number 2.
4)Maroon 5 singing so out of key. Not sure if it was from wearing such tight pants, same size a 10 years old would.
5)Not giving a bigger, more deserved nod to Robin Williams.
6)Again, cut down the singing acts. (ok lady Gaga was rockin this cover, but girl, drop the princess act with all those ugly tats. Wear your meat robe.)

Caliane

Oscar betting pro-tip. If there's a movie about explicitly or implicitly about hollywood/show business up for best picture, always pick that one.

Birdman, Shakespeare in Love, Argo...
yeah. was going to say the same thing.

A movie about movies won best picture? color me shocked.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My main gripes:
3)I understand the need to cut down neverending speeches. That said, its the highlight of these people carrier. Cut down on the other bs, see point number 2.
4)Maroon 5 singing so out of key. Not sure if it was from wearing such tight pants, same size a 10 years old would.
6)Again, cut down the singing acts. (ok lady Gaga was rockin this cover, but girl, drop the princess act with all those ugly tats. Wear your meat robe.)
Women with tattoos can't be classy?

Okay.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Interstellar not winning best score was the real travesty. Way worse than Birdman winning Best Picture.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was also bullshit. Just reminds me why I need to go another 10 years with out watching this garbage.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where do you get that from? Ugly tats are ugly tats.

Heres a classy lady just for your taste tarrant
rrr_img_91093.jpg

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the biggest travesty of the night was the Imitation game winning best adapted screenplay. ugg

Juvarisx

Florida
For whatever reason the Academy seems to hate Hans Zimmer. His scores are always fantastic and always get nominated but he never wins.

Edit. That is 2 years in a row for best Cinematography. Emmanuel Lubezki won it last year for Gravity and this year for Birdman, and also did it for other films like Children of Men, and Tree of Life. The man just knows how to do those long takes and they look fantastic.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Chris Pine crying after the "Glory" song was gayer than NPH. He must've been trying to win an Oscar for white guilt.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My main gripes:
Really? Wow I couldn't disagree more. To me the performances are the only thing worth watching in the whole show. The awards /speeches I usually fast forward through. They all say the same thing. I think that they could can the acceptance speeches and just let them stand up and take a bow from the audience and it would be a better show.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My main gripes:
Having the songs performed that were nominated makes sense. I think it's a good way of recognizing them even if they don't win. It just seems like they keep coming up with new excuses to stick other performances in though.

As far as Robin Williams goes, I sort of agree, but understand why they don't. They don't want to show any favoritism or elevate one death over any other. Giving Robin Williams a bigger memorial during the Oscars means any other high-profile actor that dies has to get something similar or people will feel they're being snubbed. As it is, devoting more time of the show to Williams would no doubt have people complaining that something similar wasn't done for Lauren Bacall, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Harold Ramis, James Garner, etc. They tried to do bigger memorials a couple years ago, but people complained that it made the Oscars too maudlin and depressing.

the biggest travesty of the night was the Imitation game winning best adapted screenplay. ugg
I haven't seen the film yet, but why do you say that? Just a general dislike of the film?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Id trade all those oscars music shows for more time given to movie segments that are nominated or just the oscars giving a nod to some in particular. I mean its a show about celebrating movies and stroking the actors massive egos, yet most awards were given without even showing a brief glimpse of the movie in question. Not everyone will watch all the nominated movies prior to the show.
I agree some acceptance speeches could send your regular viewer in a coma, but some are really good / funny. Beside cutting someone up with cranking up the oscar theme just seems downright insulting to me.

That said, only reason i watched the superbowl was for Katy.
redface.png