Oscars 2015

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i absolutely loved GBH. it had fantastic makeup/costume/set designs. yeah they didnt smear guacamole on anyone to make them look like a space alien, but they didnt need to.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
but what about gays or slaves or trannies, don't they trump self-love?

i've seen gone girl and whiplash and liked em both, will get around to birdman but not sure i would enjoy nightcrawler. is it interesting or just jake being weird
You need to watch Nightcrawler, that is a badass movie.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
"54-year-old Tilda Swinton wore 11 prosthetic pieces to play 83-year-old Madame C. in Wes Anderson-directed Grand Budapest Hotel"

I guess making this bitch look older is what won it over for these retards, old bitch is already old, she don't need no prosthetics.
If Oscars are going to go to makeup artists that made Tilda Swinton look ugly, than Snowpiercer should've won in this category.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i absolutely loved GBH. it had fantastic makeup/costume/set designs. yeah they didnt smear guacamole on anyone to make them look like a space alien, but they didnt need to.
You prolly do think thats all that was to GoTG and ignore the Prison that was built and the hours of makeup everyone had to go through some up to 6 hours along with all the costumes

James Gunn Shares Another Image From The Set Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Former WWE champ Dave Bautista, who plays Drax the Destroyer, spent 4 hours in makeup everyday to create his full body tattoos/scarification. But even worse, Bautista couldn't sit down during the process so he spent all these hours on foot. It took a team of five makeup artists to complete Bautista's makeup application, which consisted of 18 pieces for the body and face. By the end of shoot, Dave Bautista had totaled about seven entire days in make-up.

There were 50 makeup artists on set, working in teams on each character. Over the course of shooting the film, the special make-up effects department had done approximately 1,250 prosthetic make-up applications.

Szlia

Lego not being nominated for best animated feature film was weird, but Big Hero 6 winning over The Tale of Princess Kaguya is just wtf.

Alexandre Desplat is a badass so it's ok, but it's true Zimmer's score for Interstellar was memorable. That said, the standout score this year for me was the one of Under The Skin by Mica Levi.

There was only one film I did not see in the foreign movie category and for me, in this selection, Ida and Leviathan were the two deserving the award so all is fine.

Missing from the selection, the best eligible film of 2014 for best picture was Nymphomaniac: Vol. I by Lars von Trier. The limited release and the fact the volume one is not really a movie in and of itself (basically Trier had a super long movie, so he cut some of it, split the rest in two and released it in theater as Volume I and Volume II - the super long movie being available on digital media). Still, Volume I work as a stand alone movie and is much better than Volume II.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Macgruber? Lifelong pootie tang fan still wanting his oscar snub to be rectified....one day...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You prolly do think thats all that was to GoTG and ignore the Prison that was built and the hours of makeup everyone had to go through some up to 6 hours along with all the costumes

James Gunn Shares Another Image From The Set Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Former WWE champ Dave Bautista, who plays Drax the Destroyer, spent 4 hours in makeup everyday to create his full body tattoos/scarification. But even worse, Bautista couldn't sit down during the process so he spent all these hours on foot. It took a team of five makeup artists to complete Bautista's makeup application, which consisted of 18 pieces for the body and face. By the end of shoot, Dave Bautista had totaled about seven entire days in make-up.

There were 50 makeup artists on set, working in teams on each character. Over the course of shooting the film, the special make-up effects department had done approximately 1,250 prosthetic make-up applications.
i dont care how long people sat for makeup. i care about the results and how well it works within the context of the storyline. GBH won me over more than gotg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Macgruber? Lifelong pootie tang fan still wanting his oscar snub to be rectified....one day...
giphy.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Voter#5: I didn't get around to seeing any of them. You want the truth? I shouldn't have voted, but I did. This is bad, but here's the power of advertising: everywhere I looked, I saw pictures of this stupid carcass - whatever the fuck that was - and I thought, "That's a cool-looking thing." And I fucking voted for a movie based on the dead whatever it was in the ad thinking that it looked cool. [laughs]

MY VOTE: Leviathan

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

Voter#5: It gets worse, for the same fucking reason. I didn't see any of the nominees, but goddamnVirunga is running commercials late-night every freaking hour, and those gorillas, man - I was like, "Wow, that looks heavy." I said, "That looks good," and I voted for it.

MY VOTE: Virunga

This is some epic shit

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is why those marketing campaigns are so big come Oscar time. Because the number of voters in the Academy is relatively small and skewed heavily towards people who are pretty distant from the creative process in each category. I mean there's as many people in the Public Relations branch as there are in the Animated branch...

Its an interesting thing in that for the Animated category you often get the most popular film for Best Animated Feature and yet in the live action categories you end up with more obscure titles rather than hugely grossing entertainment productions. Im gonna come right out and say it : Guardians of the Galaxy was a better movie than the Grand Budapest Hotel. There has to be some true value associated with actually entertaining people in the entertainment industry. I saw both and honestly I cannot fathom how GBH managed to get the best makeup oscar. Did the makeup in the period piece look nice? Yeah. But it looked exactly the same as Downton Abbey and I don't see the people who turn very 21st century appearing actors into 1920s period residents up for Oscars.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I saw both and honestly I cannot fathom how GBH managed to get the best makeup oscar. Did the makeup in the period piece look nice? Yeah. But it looked exactly the same as Downton Abbey and I don't see the people who turn very 21st century appearing actors into 1920s period residents up for Oscars.
"Oscar voters are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male, Oscar voters have a median age of 62, People younger than 50 constitute just 14% of the membership"

old ass voters, voting for old ass makeup.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
All that said, where do i go to watch the animated short Feast?? My pup is also a boston terrier and my gf fell in love with the trailer. Even legally that is. I looked on the disney site and i cant seem to buy it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Still catching up on films, and haven't got to Birdman yet.

Watched Whiplash last night ,and what a gem of a film. Not the caliber of something like Gone Girl, but easily a 10/10

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
All that said, where do i go to watch the animated short Feast?? My pup is also a boston terrier and my gf fell in love with the trailer. Even legally that is. I looked on the disney site and i cant seem to buy it.
It comes out today I think, on the Big Hero 6 release (which it was also shown in front of in theatres).

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
"Oscar voters are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male, Oscar voters have a median age of 62, People younger than 50 constitute just 14% of the membership"

old ass voters, voting for old ass makeup.
So what you are saying is the average voter is as informed and old as astrofuck?