Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

If you log into the game and your character is naked, alt-f4 immediately. Supposedly its the auto save that fucks you. If you can force shutdown fast enough, the erased inventory won't save.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My game is doing really strange shit. Like now my mouse controls discord when I'm in this game only. Jumps through channels, mutes, unmutes, silences. No issues in any other game.

Think I'm going to shelf this one for awhile.
Sounds like a haunted game for sure.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, what a fucking disaster this turned out for these dudes. And IMO this game turned out to be pretty good too, just got done with my 1st play through story. The combat and gear system, plus the crafting is really good. There is some other shit that is all fucked up like sometimes unresponsive inputs, getting stuck on shit, and sometimes even my character would start moving on its own, I kid you not, not sure if any of you experienced shit like this. Also there is definite sound issue and feedback missing from getting shot. You see your health go down, and the little aarow where youre getting shot from, but no sound feedback. Its weird and fucking creepy.

And yes, like someone mentioned in this thread you should be able to sprint and hit a fucking skill for god sake. Sometimes I find myself, in the thick of battle, especially with the fucking rushers, hitting sprint key because, yo I wanna run away, right? Muscle memory from so many different games? Wondering why my fucking skills dont work? Well they should, there is no reason why you could not use skill while sprinting, also reload.

Also im kinda sad that this game is not a live service game. I could definitely see myself playing this for extended periods, like I do with destiny. Add in some seasons, new content here and there, new epic hunts, etc... The base is sound other than some minor issues.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about purchasing this game this week, but now I'm leery because I'm reading about all these character wipes. Is this something they are currently working on fixing? Cause if my character wipes after playing for a few days, that would make me one angry camper.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
It can happen solo too, but it is more common with (most to least likely);
- Matchmaking
- Multiplayer
- Bad Internet

If you ever load in or return from a mission and character is naked, Alt+F4 immediately and you should be fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking about purchasing this game this week, but now I'm leery because I'm reading about all these character wipes. Is this something they are currently working on fixing? Cause if my character wipes after playing for a few days, that would make me one angry camper.
I would hold off for awhile.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are working on it and give regular updates on social media. They don't have an answer but at least they acknowledge it exists.

My loss of character was in multiplayer when the host disconnected. Been playing solo since then. Leveling is so fast it doesn't bother me much but if you get really invested in characters then I would pass for now. If you are okay starting as a different class when your toon gets wiped then go for it.

Did some expeditions last night. Took like 3 to get max level after I beat the story so just over 4 hours from start to finish. Expeditions are fun. The loot lottery at the end certainly hits that dopemine button.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
And yes, like someone mentioned in this thread you should be able to sprint and hit a fucking skill for god sake. Sometimes I find myself, in the thick of battle, especially with the fucking rushers, hitting sprint key because, yo I wanna run away, right? Muscle memory from so many different games? Wondering why my fucking skills dont work? Well they should, there is no reason why you could not use skill while sprinting, also reload.

Are you kidding me?! I thought was wondering WTF was wrong!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
welp i'm either bad at this game or bad at games in general I guess? getting old. Was playing trickster but pretty much hit a road block around WT 4-5 where I either get instagibbed by elites or overwhelmed by swarms damn near every fight, and had to turn off max WT rank and stick to WT3, and even still would die more than once in a while. slogged it out to like level 17 or so but mostly green/blue gear and it just felt like a chore, even level mobs were like bullet sponges.

So I rerolled a Devastor just to see if maybe i'm just not playing trickster right and man, it was night and day. Still low level around lvl 12/WT6 and I think i've died twice maybe?

I like how the game punishes you for hiding in cover for more than a few moments but also punishes you for just zugzuging into the middle of the field. I think devastor is a good mix of being able to survive going into the fray tactically without just zerging. Though I guess they are shit at max level in excursions? lots of stories how they get kicked from groups cus their dmg is too low.

probably gonna play around with pyro and techno just to see which play style fits me best.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
welp i'm either bad at this game or bad at games in general I guess? getting old. Was playing trickster but pretty much hit a road block around WT 4-5 where I either get instagibbed by elites or overwhelmed by swarms damn near every fight, and had to turn off max WT rank and stick to WT3, and even still would die more than once in a while. slogged it out to like level 17 or so but mostly green/blue gear and it just felt like a chore, even level mobs were like bullet sponges.

So I rerolled a Devastor just to see if maybe i'm just not playing trickster right and man, it was night and day. Still low level around lvl 12/WT6 and I think i've died twice maybe?

I like how the game punishes you for hiding in cover for more than a few moments but also punishes you for just zugzuging into the middle of the field. I think devastor is a good mix of being able to survive going into the fray tactically without just zerging. Though I guess they are shit at max level in excursions? lots of stories how they get kicked from groups cus their dmg is too low.

probably gonna play around with pyro and techno just to see which play style fits me best.
WT 4-5 is pretty much the threshold for Trickster of being able to do shit or hit your head on the wall over and over and hoping one run in 10 you will get lucky and make it. Maybe if youre a god gamer you can do this easy, IDK but thats what I found. On the Techno you can possibly go to WT6-7, not sure on the others but techno has a higher threshold becauswe the way he heals. this is story BTW, not expediitions. When you enter expeditions you will get certain mods to drop from gear which help yhou make a proper build that gets you over that hump.

Last edited:

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider

Devs are awesome end game but it takes very specific gear to do so, the farm is real but likely worth it. I mained Dev and was working on my farm but haven’t logged into my main since Friday because of all the bugs. I leveled top tree and have been using that fine finishing up Workd Tier and Expedition Tier so far, probably about 3/4 of the way to an AP Power/Cooldown/Staus Power set of armor to make the swap to bottom tree.

Cybsled

I soloed all the way to WT15 on my techno doing the top tree. The key is getting the mods that let you maintain decay bullets indefinitely with strategic planning. If decay falls off, you basically have to run for your life until cooldown lol

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Nah...that's the norm. What I read on Reddit you need a couple items/mods to get you over that hump.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I soloed all the way to WT15 on my techno doing the top tree. The key is getting the mods that let you maintain decay bullets indefinitely with strategic planning. If decay falls off, you basically have to run for your life until cooldown lol
Whats that one mod that when you kill shit you get ammo back? I think its the only one im missing.

Cybsled

Parabolic something II....you get a free instant clip refill if you kill an enemy with less than 30% of your ammo remaining. It's pretty much mandatory to upkeep decay bullets. What I usually do is I make sure there is some easy to kill monster nearby and kill that before I run out of ammo. So I'll usually unload on the elite, make sure to kill a squishy enemy, then repeat. It does take some planning, though. If you fuck up, you risk expending all your decay bullets and being worthless DPS wise.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats that one mod that when you kill shit you get ammo back? I think its the only one im missing.
Perpetuum Mobile. There's better ways to do that though, like setting it up so you get ammo back when you kill something that was affected by bleed. Works great on Trickster since you can use the Bulwark legendary shotgun that is on the vendor to apply bleed constantly while the Vampiric Mag armor mod gives back 50% ammo on kill.

Eventually you can get the far stronger ammo mod that completely refills your mag every time you use Hunt the Prey, but it's on a legendary helmet which could take a really long time to get. Definitely worth it though, since it makes it so you can never run out of ammo even on boss fights.

For Techno, there's the Toxic Lead armor mod which is similar to Vampiric Mag. Still requires kills though.