Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, if my math is right...people have spent about $38,000 in bits already in 50 minutes.

Cybsled

The twitch emote thing is busted. I cheered 500 bits and haven't gotten any of the random OW emotes

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fissure has really turned the Gladiators team around. They are like a whole new team. When they took Surefour out on Map 2 they seemed to stagnate though. They still won the map, but it was an ugly win.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
dude right i signed up for twitch thinkin cool if i cheerlead for a team i can some free skins, then i realize cheerleading = bits and bits =$ I was like oh cool another avenue to buy skins.. no thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Fissure is awesome, and Rascal is my fave Korean. Was fun watching sanfran get dumpstered again.

Shanghai looked stronger too. Very entertaining night.

Ryoz

<Donor>
dude right i signed up for twitch thinkin cool if i cheerlead for a team i can some free skins, then i realize cheerleading = bits and bits =$ I was like oh cool another avenue to buy skins.. no thanks.

Yup, just a cash grab.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The money is split between Twitch and OWL, the part that goes to OWL is split between Blizzard and the teams, the part that goes to teams is split between the owner and the players. No clue what percentage goes to who though.

The map selection for this stage is so much better than stage 1.

A few observation from an obviously small sample, we saw a lot of different support duo in play which was fun. All support saw some play.

We saw a lot of variety in tanks too, not all Winston and D'va., in part due to the meta, but also the map pool.

The same happen with the DPS. We saw a lot of variety in DPS, a lot more Soldier, a lot less of Widow which is good in my opinion as I dislike games with Widow...too much waiting for Widow picks, and teams too careful.

All in all, there was a lot more variety in team comps...again both due to the map pool and new meta. I honestly think it will be much more fun to watch stage 2 than stage 1.

Seoul played like a team that wanted to prove something after missing the stage 1 playoffs, LA Valiant was simply outclassed.

Dallas look much better with AKM and Rascal in the lineup and with Taimou on tank so he can concentrate more on shotcalling. Will they even bother to play xQc anymore if they move Taimou on tanking, in the same line of thought, will Seagull see play anymore except maybe occasional Junkrat? It's kind hard to judge since they play Shanghai. Speaking of Shanghai you can see the improvement in their play, they will still be at the bottom but they might steal a win or two...or at least have a better map differential. I hope they get their new player soon, before it's too late for stage 2 for them.

Gladiators look way better with Fissure in. I'm not sure why they would ever put IRemix in instead of him. They still seem to want to alternate their 3 DPS, but always seem to struggle without Surefour. It's not that Surefour is much better, but he's much more versatile, you can see him play often 3-4 heroes per game. I don't the Shock the for some reason, I get a feeling of arrogance from them, they seem to think they are so good but they are not. Am I alone in thinking that Babybay is was overrated?

All in all, a good start, it's nice to see the change in meta, and map pool, and team having new players Stage 2 will look much different than Stage 1.

I think people spent over $90,000 in bits during the evening. I wonder if that's going to be regular, would be pretty insane revenue stream for the league if it does.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man I thought records were going to reset with each stage. Just seems like Shanghai can't mount a comeback. Are stages just different maps?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man I thought records were going to reset with each stage. Just seems like Shanghai can't mount a comeback. Are stages just different maps?

Yes, for the most part.

Poor Soe has no cleavage to show in that outfit.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
FFAp8 best pick? Been doing junk for a couple reasons and had success but he's terrible in like Hollywood. See a lot doing work with Moira and Doomfist usually. McCree too.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
hahaahaha that was awesome. When I use that the range is like 2 feet. When enemies use it it's like half the zone