Overwatch

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Sombra meta would/will be interesting. Unfortunately she's best against characters already not in great shape like Reinhardt and Lucio. And that pretty gross near insta kill on Zenyatta after EMP.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Brigitte weapons and abilities
Rocket Flail
  • Brigitte's melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
Repair Pack
  • Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
Whip Shot
  • Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
Barrier Shield
  • Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
Shield Bash
  • Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
Rally
  • Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
Brigitte backstory
"No longer sitting on the sidelines, Brigitte Lindholm has taken up arms to defend those in need of protection.

"The youngest daughter of weapons designer, Torbjörn Lindholm, Brigitte was the first of his children to show an interest in mechanical engineering. Brigitte spent much of her spare time in her father's workshop, learning the trade and honing her skills. Her aptitude for engineering mirrored that of her father's, but Brigitte's primary interest was in armor fabrication and defensive systems, unlike Torbjörn, who was world renowned (and perhaps infamous) for the weapons he created.

"Everyone expected that Brigitte would continue her apprenticeship and follow in her father's footsteps. But her plans changed due to influence of another prominent figure in her life, her father's close friend and fellow Overwatch agent, Reinhardt Wilhelm. A close friend of the family and Brigitte's godfather, Reinhardt told Brigitte tales of heroes and chivalry as she grew up. After his retirement and Overwatch's fall, Reinhardt declared that he would become a knight-errant on a quest to bring justice. Before he left on his adventures, Brigitte surprised him by asking to join him as his squire. Reinhardt accepted.

"As a squire, Brigitte had many responsibilities, the most important of which was the upkeep of Reinhardt's Crusader armor (a design she was familiar with as the current version was designed by her father). But more and more, she found her main job was taking care of Reinhardt himself, trying to protect him from his overenthusiasm even as his body was breaking down from years of combat.

"Eventually, she realized that serving only as a mechanic wasn't enough, and that the best way she could aid Reinhardt was to become a warrior in her own right. While Reinhardt trained her in combat, Brigitte began to build her own suit of armor in secret.

"Now Brigitte fights at Reinhardt's side to protect him, and any others in need as knight and squire journey to make the world a better place, one battle at a time."

And, to finish off, here's how she was described on the patch notes before they were taken down.

"An engineer with peerless armor-constructing abilities, Brigitte Lindholm is a valiant squire who fights on the front line to protect her allies.

"Brigitte’s armor engineering capabilities make her a stalwart support hero, capable of holding her ground in combat while also providing healing and armor for her allies. Her primary weapon is her heavy-hitting Rocket Flail that she swings in a wide arc in front of her to smash multiple enemies at once. Whip Shot enables Brigitte to fling her flail forward, striking enemies at a distance and knocking them backward. With each blow, Brigitte’s passive ability, Inspire, heals nearby allies over time.

"Brigitte’s Barrier Shield deploys a frontal energy barrier that can absorb a limited amount of damage and protect any allies directly behind her. Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, she can use Shield Bash to lunge forward and stun the first enemy in her path. Drawing on her engineering prowess, Brigitte can create Repair Packs to instantly heal wounded allies or provide armor to teammates at maximum health. When Brigitte is at her strongest, she can activate her ultimate ability, Rally—a galvanizing call to arms that generates a substantial amount of armor for nearby allies and increases Brigitte’s movement speed so she can lead them into battle."

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6ea7c56fa357ce486485f8634ae12f47.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Brigitte weapons and abilities
Rocket Flail
  • Brigitte's melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
Repair Pack
  • Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
Whip Shot
  • Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
Barrier Shield
  • Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
Shield Bash
  • Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
Rally
  • Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
Brigitte backstory
"No longer sitting on the sidelines, Brigitte Lindholm has taken up arms to defend those in need of protection.

"The youngest daughter of weapons designer, Torbjörn Lindholm, Brigitte was the first of his children to show an interest in mechanical engineering. Brigitte spent much of her spare time in her father's workshop, learning the trade and honing her skills. Her aptitude for engineering mirrored that of her father's, but Brigitte's primary interest was in armor fabrication and defensive systems, unlike Torbjörn, who was world renowned (and perhaps infamous) for the weapons he created.

"Everyone expected that Brigitte would continue her apprenticeship and follow in her father's footsteps. But her plans changed due to influence of another prominent figure in her life, her father's close friend and fellow Overwatch agent, Reinhardt Wilhelm. A close friend of the family and Brigitte's godfather, Reinhardt told Brigitte tales of heroes and chivalry as she grew up. After his retirement and Overwatch's fall, Reinhardt declared that he would become a knight-errant on a quest to bring justice. Before he left on his adventures, Brigitte surprised him by asking to join him as his squire. Reinhardt accepted.

"As a squire, Brigitte had many responsibilities, the most important of which was the upkeep of Reinhardt's Crusader armor (a design she was familiar with as the current version was designed by her father). But more and more, she found her main job was taking care of Reinhardt himself, trying to protect him from his overenthusiasm even as his body was breaking down from years of combat.

"Eventually, she realized that serving only as a mechanic wasn't enough, and that the best way she could aid Reinhardt was to become a warrior in her own right. While Reinhardt trained her in combat, Brigitte began to build her own suit of armor in secret.

"Now Brigitte fights at Reinhardt's side to protect him, and any others in need as knight and squire journey to make the world a better place, one battle at a time."

And, to finish off, here's how she was described on the patch notes before they were taken down.

"An engineer with peerless armor-constructing abilities, Brigitte Lindholm is a valiant squire who fights on the front line to protect her allies.

"Brigitte’s armor engineering capabilities make her a stalwart support hero, capable of holding her ground in combat while also providing healing and armor for her allies. Her primary weapon is her heavy-hitting Rocket Flail that she swings in a wide arc in front of her to smash multiple enemies at once. Whip Shot enables Brigitte to fling her flail forward, striking enemies at a distance and knocking them backward. With each blow, Brigitte’s passive ability, Inspire, heals nearby allies over time.

"Brigitte’s Barrier Shield deploys a frontal energy barrier that can absorb a limited amount of damage and protect any allies directly behind her. Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, she can use Shield Bash to lunge forward and stun the first enemy in her path. Drawing on her engineering prowess, Brigitte can create Repair Packs to instantly heal wounded allies or provide armor to teammates at maximum health. When Brigitte is at her strongest, she can activate her ultimate ability, Rally—a galvanizing call to arms that generates a substantial amount of armor for nearby allies and increases Brigitte’s movement speed so she can lead them into battle."
That's a lotta things ...

Needless

Toe Sucker
i dig it, looking forward to seeing her gameplay

I'm trying to find the meme about her, moira the tranny... so, what does she represent? a hard working strong independent woman? hmmm

edit: i got it guys, both her mom and torb are blonde.
mccree is brunette like her

mccree cucked torb and it's actually his daughter

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She's a redhead not a brunette. She even has the redhead freckle face. I played her on PTR and she's pretty cool. She's like a cross of support/tank/dps. Her "armor/heal" ability is on a long cooldown(6 seconds). Her pack has an overheal which turns into a temporary armor buff.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I assume D3 crusader skin for her, and if they were smart and wanted to make a bazillion more dollars make a T2 Judgement looking skin for her.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She can knock Winston back in the air. I bet she can do the same to D'Va.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Played another game on anubis with 5 of us and 1 Rein attacking. We smashed them, was really fun. Kinda feels like playing a mace & shield in skyrim

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Mangachu has been testing stuff, knocking back winston during jump. Doesn't affect dva flight or gengu dash. Can knock rein aside during charge.

Can push Mei in ice block. The shift doesn't affect widow during grapple oddly

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to watch a bit of gameplay, she looks like she's a lot of fun.

Hard to say just from a gameplay video, but her Repair Pack looks like it heals quite a bit on 6 sec cooldown though. I wonder how good the healing from her passive is, from doing damage with her flail, and how large the aoe is for it. Basically curious to see how good a healer she will be.

She looks like she's going to be an anti-dive healer, and not great at healing a dive team like Moira is. I think Blizzard is trying to really reduce dive.

And it looks like her Flail Whip will be able to boop. If it does...fuck a Lucio/Brigitte heal combo on maps friendly to boops. I can just see the new meta on Illios Lighthouse and Well...the boop comp. Brigitte, Lucio, Roadhog, Winston, Pharah and a 6th to fill...5 that can boop. You spend the entire game in the fucking well. :)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm just saying, I called the ranged boop from the hook-flail!

finally, my two mains are rolled into one hero and I am ready to smack nerds with a flail

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I forsee many first point holds on numbani. Soldier on the right high ground with Brig protecting him. He won't even have to run when the dive comes in.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The smack heal works thusly: Hit an enemy once, and a 30 second heal over time starts with about the same range as lucio's heal. Another hit just resets the duration, they don't stack. Not sure what the rate is on the heal but it is pretty small and slow.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I managed to watch a bit of gameplay, she looks like she's a lot of fun.

Hard to say just from a gameplay video, but her Repair Pack looks like it heals quite a bit on 6 sec cooldown though. I wonder how good the healing from her passive is, from doing damage with her flail, and how large the aoe is for it. Basically curious to see how good a healer she will be.

She looks like she's going to be an anti-dive healer, and not great at healing a dive team like Moira is. I think Blizzard is trying to really reduce dive.

And it looks like her Flail Whip will be able to boop. If it does...fuck a Lucio/Brigitte heal combo on maps friendly to boops. I can just see the new meta on Illios Lighthouse and Well...the boop comp. Brigitte, Lucio, Roadhog, Winston, Pharah and a 6th to fill...5 that can boop. You spend the entire game in the fucking well. :)

It's 80 over 5 seconds.. so 16hps, her pack is 150 hp heal, overheal (converts to armor) on it is half the amount it would have overhealed minus the amount it actually heals (75 max if thrown at a target with full health)

edit: but yeah she has to hit something with left click or whip for the heal to trigger