Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well the last few rounds of changes have essentially done this to GOATS.

Reduce the damage output of the comp., via nerf to Zarya and Orb of Discord.

Reduce the effectiveness of Armor.

Reduce its mobility via nerf to Lucio.

Increase damage of a few AOE making it less efficient to be clumped up together. Winston got buff via nerf to Armor, Ashe’s grenade got buffed via nerf to Armor, Pharah and Junkrat got their splash damage buffed.

I don’t know if it will be enough to end the GOATS meta, but doing less damage, taking more damage, being less mobile and being more punished for being grouped up sure isn’t going to help. :)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What if they nerf by how many roles there are. Say you have 3 healers then all healing is nerfed by 1/4 for each healer. Maybe 3 tanks and your max hit points go down. If they want 2-2-2 comps that seems the way to do it.

Cybsled

What if they nerf by how many roles there are. Say you have 3 healers then all healing is nerfed by 1/4 for each healer. Maybe 3 tanks and your max hit points go down. If they want 2-2-2 comps that seems the way to do it.

That’s dangerous, because some heroes provide multi function and it makes barriers even more important. Anything with Iocked role numbers is easily trolled and makes teams give up. Dps sucks? Too bad no one can switch because they refuse to leave role.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the one single team that is going to benefit from the meta change is LAG. From a team that looked amazing at flexing they have looked terrible at GOATS. Surefour''s Zarya(pretty shocked at this) and Roar at Rein have been terrible.

This season is going to be like last season and it will be who can survive better at the META change. The latest PTR patch has GOATS dying albeit a little earlier than last years Mercy meta. Some teams are going to be able recover from the meta change. Last season it happened late and the NYXL couldn't recover. Blizzard has come out as pretty adamant that GOATS needs to go. LAG might be flexible enough to transition to whatever next meta is. I predict it will be 2/3 Sniper is the next meta and it will be equally as boring. Surefour is their only good sniper and NYXL is setup better for a sniper meta. Flow3R is amazing at Widow and the switch off their other dps to Hanzo/Ashe. With that said I've contradicted myself, NYXL is still the team to beat while I think LAG will be the team to turn it around in the next meta.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Yup, was very impressed by Atlanta for that entire set. Paris had looked pretty solid in their first two games but looked completely out of their depth yesterday. That kind of risk taking (and Torb playing) makes Atlanta a lot of fun to watch.

Poor Shanghai though. You could have convinced me it was their old roster playing with that horrible, probably set losing C9 they pulled on Dorado.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Haven’t played this much in about a year, but had the itch today and patched up and played a few rounds.

I’ve followed the thread off and on while I haven’t been playing, and I don’t remember seeing any mention of the Wrecking Ball guy. Only saw him in one match (only played 3), but he looked pretty cool. What’s the word on him?

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
He takes some good knowledge of the game geometry to be effective. Quickplay is mostly him rolling in and out of combat being useless.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Cool, thanks. The guy on the other team was mostly doing just like you said, rolling in and out. What seemed cool though was when he did his roll/hook thing onto a statue and was swinging in circles around it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
OWL Games are starting with a surprise this week!

I watched Giganti earlier in the day and can't help thinking they are better, with my crappy bronze brain.

Someone gimme 50 mil. I'll hire Giganti and make the walk-out music ram ranch for away games, and the skyrim theme for home.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If I had an OWL team I'd ban those terrible Korean bowl haircuts.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Vancouver about to fight Paris. A few weeks ago I'd have been really excited for this one but Paris looked really bad a few days ago against Atlanta.

Could be that they were just focused on Vancouver though. I think everyone will prep as best they can for Van matches now that they've got a look at how good they are.

Yep, they are playing smart vs Van. Probably won't be enough but should be a good match.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I expected the game to be a bit closer than it was, but then again I expected Atlanta to beat the Gladiators too, so what do I know...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This game needs forced 2/2/2 in Quick Play and allow folks to queue as specific roles.

5 games in a row I pick first as healer and we get 5 dps, request another heals and 2 tanks and get the standard "its just qp"... Motherfucker it's always just Overwatch but I'd rather not have my time wasted trying to attack choke points without a goddamn shield tank while the same fucktard dps suicide over and over.

This shit isn't fun and no I don't want to play comp really ever. Comp sucks even worse because you have to be on voice chat with teenagers and idiots vaping or screaming.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Chengdu Hunters are so fun to watch, almost no GOATS, their main tank is a one-trick wrecking ball, 81% usage.