Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm eating the above and watching Dallas Shred on King's Row (I'm an hour or so behind)

Never seen a team hold that far forward in a playoff match.

Cybsled

Hmm interesting. If they are going 1 tank in OW, then changing her ult makes sense since you aren't going to see the shield stack bullshit you see now. Her hack change is interesting - I do like the damage buff to her damage vs. them, although in terms of "disabling" enemies, really only seems like an interrupt now.

Bastion changes seem interesting - I think it makes him more viable in the long run, since he really only ever shone when he had a Rein babysitting him and you just gunned down noobs.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3-4 years for some meh balance/skill changes that should happen on the regular. Blizzard is a fundamentally broken company.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
3-4 years for some meh balance/skill changes that should happen on the regular. Blizzard is a fundamentally broken company.

Very true. I find myself asking why they couldn't implement those changes in OW1 - they seem like fairly simple iterations. I guess the allure of putting them behind a $50 paywall is more enticing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Very true. I find myself asking why they couldn't implement those changes in OW1 - they seem like fairly simple iterations. I guess the allure of putting them behind a $50 paywall is more enticing.
Well the hilarious thing is the multiplayer aspect is supposed to be free for OW1 players. Its only the single player content thats going to cost money.

At least thats what theyve said so far.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Lotsa big roster shakeups for 22 as you'd expect:

Jjonak leaving NYXL
Onigod free agent
Birdring retiring
Rascal retiring (going into coaching)
Mano conscripted into the army
Tobi retiring
Saebyeolbe retiring

Mayhem dumping everyone (and going back to western?)
Valiant dumping everyone
Shock dumping everyone
Toronto dumping everyone
Vancouver dumping everyone

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The dumping of everyone is why I hate this league. You shouldn't be able to start over so easily. The players in this league are too young to form a players union to get rid of that.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they are dumping everyone to see who sucks at overwatch 2. Don't want to give them a contract if they suck.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven’t followed OWL too closely this last year, but is shock no longer the team to beat? They were so dominate for a while I’m…shocked…to see them get that treatment.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Not this year. Top 5 maybe? They never won any of the hawaii tourneys, and only made it there once I think?

Striker retiring hurt. Ans was out sick for awhile too, but wasn't hugely missed because hitscan wasn't that strong this year.

I'd say the top 3 are:

Dallas, who are amazing mechanically but make alot of dumb decisions.
Atlanta, great tanks and great coaching
Shanghai, great(est) everything

A note on the "dumping everyone" category. There's still time for those players to be retained, but for awhile they will be open to seek other teams.

Quite a few great players up in the air right now. Rookie of the year Pelican, JJonak, Onigod, Shockwave, Space, Poko

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
News from the plat chatters:

So nobody googled the name of the new McCree and apparently the name is in use by some sort of wrestler. They've already done all the expensive voice work too :emoji_laughing:

Striker is back with Boston.
Space is back with Glads and they picked up Reiner from american tornado. Glads look VERY scary.

Consensus on 2 is main supports are superbad, so maybe they will be overadjusted and be amazing later.

Paris is doing trials on a 5v5 workshop mode.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user