Overwatch

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'd argue that progression ruins FPS. You shouldn't have to unlock guns and shit. Everyone should be on an even playing field, may the better player win. Fuck the BF type shit where you have to unlock your win condition by playing a billion hours first, that shit can go rot in hell.
Yea, I agree with that for good shooters. I think of this game as more arcade/moba though. The problem is that with less precise and more "inclusive" gameplay you have to give me something else.

TFC just had great teamplay and maps, it forced you to utilize class advantages with each other based on the map rather than the comp and allowed larger groups and strategies to develop over the course of the map. OW just isn't there for me.

Column_sl

shitlord
TFC just had great teamplay and maps, it forced you to utilize class advantages with each other based on the map rather than the comp and allowed larger groups and strategies to develop over the course of the map. OW just isn't there for me.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that we haven't seen the whole game yet, but knowing Blizzard for the last couple of decades this is it.

Does anyone think what you tested in Beta for the last few months is worth the 40-60 dollar price tag? be honest

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No fucking way. This is F2P freemium quality shit.

Like I said, I'd play this irregularly if it used the HotS system. Just not worth the price of entry and the money is nothing more than a matter of principle for me. I'd buy any game I felt was worth playing, my Steam library can attest to that.

Cybsled

Kids are spoiled by free games today, IMO. It's the "omg gimme game free plz!" shit that led to all this nickle and dime micro transaction shit that exists in the "F2P" games.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I honestly enjoyed the beta a lot, and I'll be getting the game and likely playing the fuck out of it. /shrug

Competitive can be annoying as fuck just because people suck, but that's not a game problem that's a retards suck too much dick to switch characters problem.

Column_sl

shitlord
Kids are spoiled by free games today, IMO. It's the "omg gimme game free plz!" shit that led to all this nickle and dime micro transaction shit that exists in the "F2P" games.
Well good thing for you they started making you pay for the games now with the same F2P micro transaction format.
wink.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
We were playing 6v6 scrims against each other, my CS team and a friends team, and theactualcompetitive gameplay with communication and willingness to switch characters was fun for me, yeah. Pubstomping was even more fun because it was effortless.

Not even trying to get you to like or buy the game, I don't give a shit what you do, just stating my experience with what I played.

Jovec

?
Horse armor was the beginning. And now we have Early Access never finished paid alphas.

If OW can be bought with access to everything, I might bite. If I'm required to buy the game then pay for weapons/skills/characters (beyond cosmetics) then I won't. For all of the cash cow that WoW has been, I can only imagine what every pitch meeting must be like when a designer wants to do something like WoW/Titan (and it's huge staff and budget) versus all of this pay-to-play/win built-on-the-cheap games like HearthStone* raking in the cash.

*Which is at least fun.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The only unknown is future heroes and if they'll cost. Otherwise, you get everything outside of cosmetics.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They've said future heroes/maps will be free. One time purchase, though I think you'll be able to buy crates if you so desire.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They've said future heroes/maps will be free. One time purchase, though I think you'll be able to buy crates if you so desire.
If you truly believe that then I've got some flying sparkly winged horse codes you can redeem in WoW to sell you.

They'll hide it in "expansion packs" or "optional full-featured skins which are like new characters but not and they're totally not mandatory unless you want to play them!" or "all players can earn the new character but redeem 80 Blizzard Coins to get early access and this fabulous skin and a feather boa usable on any character!"

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have fun with your "principles"(so cliche these days or people just wanting games free). I'll pay $40 for a pretty fun game, which should at least give me 50 hours of entertainment at minimum.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Have fun with your "principles"(so cliche these days or people just wanting games free). I'll pay $40 for a pretty fun game, which should at least give me 50 hours of entertainment at minimum.
Yea that's fine. I did my hours for free in beta so *shrug*.

I don't want free games I just want good ones with value. TFC - free with HL. CS - free mod. DotA - free map. Games 10-15 years ago had full featured SP campaigns with MP that was challenging and deep enough for years of play. They had modding (even supplied tools) and communities. They had maps that were iterated to create classic matches instead of skinned to be colorful for babies.

If I don't support Battlefront for having no fucking SP and four hours of content with shit gunplay built on a cash shop, why should I do it for Blizzard?

Really the game is fine as an arcade shooter but it's got as much precision as a Lego game and basically no content.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
All the people who are claiming that they'll never plan - care on sharing your bnet handle?
Basically because I'm expecting to see the Overwatch equivalent of this in a couple of months:

WwYwiGa.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Are you guys seriously going to guilt trip others into buying this game ?
biggrin.png

It's not a game for me, but it makes a lot of sense to have a boxed price for a shooter. You can cut on the pointless grind, tutorials and smurfing that comes with the free price tag, doubly so if they want a console release at some point. Blizzard games usually have excellent post-launch support, so it's only understandable that at some point you will decide to buy it. It's a new territory for them, so I doubt that they will try to milk it as much as possible ala WoW cosmetics, but the potential is there, obviously.

Dashivax

N00b
For anyone that got to try competitive during the beta, how does the queue system work? Can you queue with any number of people or do they have restrictions from solo to full group like HotS?