Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Worst part about Mercy in plat is my team mates do not understand the concept of "die on point." So it is rarely the right move to hide behind in a corner unless a super obvious Grav wombo is coming into your team.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah im in plat as mercy and lately just so much focus getting people off me it takes away from the push, i can see ana/lucio being better cause better defensive moves. mercy i just get hacked and sitting duck lol

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does kinda feel like Pharah needs some kind of survivability boost to become relevant outside of low/mid tier MMR again. Like, the faster jetpack feels great, but against McCree/S76 and now even Widows popping up, it doesn't actually make any difference. Maybe like 50 HPs worth of shields, for some minor self-sustain? Hard to say what would be helpful without being overbearing.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree that Pharah is still pretty weak considering the wide range of counters(10 or so?) she has to her, the jetpack/damage increase was a good boost though. She can pretty tough though even against the most obvious if you have a zarya/heal that pays attention to you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pharah is fine on some maps/areas of maps and sucks on others. Even on the maps she's good on, she's still not great.

Soldier is just bonkers now if you know how to FPS.

I do wish Soldier could switch to a 3 round burst-fire mode.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mercy can be quite survivable if your good about constantly flying to teammates. Plenty of spots in maps to jump off a ledge and hover for a bit then fly back to a teammate to avoid people.

Biggest problem is like tenks said, people not dying on the point.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The changes to her HP regen have made her really, really slippery in my experience. If your positioning is dried ass then yeah you'll still get lit up but if you have good positioning and know your escape routes you can really out play flankers and divers. I've drug so many Genjis through my team who tunnel vision on me and they just get blasted trying to finish me off. Then 4 seconds later I'm back to full HP.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Pharah does seem weak when hit scan classes are doing their job but that's only the ones paying attention lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was in 2700ish comp and the 4 man in our team kept yelling at me to kill Pharah (I was 76). I literally couldn't. Not because I suck at Soldier, but because they would immediately burn me or Pharah would just chill behind their Reinhardt shield on the ground. In fact, she did that probably 70% of the game and the 4 man consisted of 2 healers and 2 tanks and none of them worked on the Rein shield. Made me sad. Of course they blamed me, but that's fine.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I watched a bit of DSPStanky on twitch. It was something else, for sure. His Lucio prejudicially hunts genjis and tracers. It's hilarious.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God fuck d.vas shield in the fucking retarded ass. Fucking annoying it has unlimited absorb+insane duration

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played a shit ton of Pharah last night and she feels good. I'm pretty good at leading targets. My main weakness is if I get into an air battle with another Pharah I usually lose

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was in 2700ish comp and the 4 man in our team kept yelling at me to kill Pharah (I was 76). I literally couldn't. Not because I suck at Soldier, but because they would immediately burn me or Pharah would just chill behind their Reinhardt shield on the ground. In fact, she did that probably 70% of the game and the 4 man consisted of 2 healers and 2 tanks and none of them worked on the Rein shield. Made me sad. Of course they blamed me, but that's fine.

Yeah my group always bitches at whoever is playing soldier lol. But I feel u, I always focus on her as soldier but sometimes she hides b ehind trees and crap. But when I'm pharah its like zenyatta, mcree, dva and soldier against me

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
So much toxicity in competitive. Putting that aside though this is the most fun i've had in a shooter since TFC