Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it's short. The temperature effect is great. It potentially introduces 2 new heros. We went from few character to a pretty interesting backlog of potential heros. That omnic at the end looked really great.

Potential new heroes that will take Blizzard 10 years to implement. *yawn*

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I started playing with headphones for the first time ever and I'm quite impressed with the sound effects in this game.

Is this normal for most games or does OW have something awesome going on?

Using sound is very important in this game.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it's short. The temperature effect is great. It potentially introduces 2 new heros. We went from few character to a pretty interesting backlog of potential heros. That omnic at the end looked really great.
If you mean the end of the Storm Rising cutscenes with Doomfist, I got the impression that that was Reyes/Reaper 1.0, not an Omnic.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I finally got caught up on the owl games.

The chinese teams are all fun to watch. But there's so much crap where a team will come out with dps and stomp 30 kills, lose one fight, then switch to goats for the rest of the match (and lose). One game the whole stage thus far had what you'd consider a worse goats team beating a better. People need to play what they are good at.

Also, doomfist exists! It's like only Wolf remembers element mystic (who could destroy every owl team but vancouver right now).

I'm just going to skip ahead when I see goats mirrors.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Did my placements on my alt account...all on Mei, no flexing even if we're 5 dps, went 7-3 so pretty good. I did have to mute a lot of people though, people trigger a lot when you play Mei. :)

The funny thing is I think I had the most toxic person on what was maybe my best game of the night. I objectively was hard carrying in that particular game. I ended with something like 32/8 and 40 enemies frozen, 12 blizzard kills. It was one of those games where you wish there was a leaderboard during the game.

It was a good night overall.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got caught up on the owl games.

The chinese teams are all fun to watch. But there's so much crap where a team will come out with dps and stomp 30 kills, lose one fight, then switch to goats for the rest of the match (and lose). One game the whole stage thus far had what you'd consider a worse goats team beating a better. People need to play what they are good at.

Also, doomfist exists! It's like only Wolf remembers element mystic (who could destroy every owl team but vancouver right now).

I'm just going to skip ahead when I see goats mirrors.

Yeah there were more attempts to play something other than GOATS when stage 2 started, but a lot of teams have reverted back to playing it...or they try something and it doesn't work and they fall back to GOATS quickly.

It's getting boring. Hunters, I think are probably the most fun team to watch as they rarely ever play GOATS, and do pretty well all things considered.

At this point, I think no nerfs will kill GOATS other than simply gutting Brigitte or Zarya into the ground where they no longer can be played will fix it. It's no longer about individual characters being too good, but about the synergies being to efficient. Too much sustain between Rally, Sound Barrier and Transcendence and the high HP pool of the tanks.

I think forced 2-2-2 is the only solutions at this point, which to some extent will suck because there's some fun and viable comp that are not 2-2-2, but it would probably be for the best.

Araxen

Did my placements on my alt account...all on Mei, no flexing even if we're 5 dps, went 7-3 so pretty good. I did have to mute a lot of people though, people trigger a lot when you play Mei. :)

The funny thing is I think I had the most toxic person on what was maybe my best game of the night. I objectively was hard carrying in that particular game. I ended with something like 32/8 and 40 enemies frozen, 12 blizzard kills. It was one of those games where you wish there was a leaderboard during the game.

It was a good night overall.

That's what I plan on doing this week when I do my placements. I'm just going to one-trick Mei though I may be tempted to play Baptise in some matches. I love playing Baptise just as much I love playing Mei, but playing him in QP doesn't work well for him to well due to people loving to spread out. Sometimes I'll get on the mic and bitch at people, but that's far too much work than I'm willing to put in most nights.

I haven't done placements on my alt account in a very long time. If I could skip all the 2CP maps, I would play Comp a hell of a lot more. Map preference at the very least needs to become a thing in this game, but Blizzard's pride would get hurt due to a bunch of people electing to skip 2CP maps. The latest 2CP map, Paris, is the worst map they have ever put out. It's just flat out terrible and very frustrating to play on.

As far as 2/2/2 is concerned, I think they need to re-balance healing output across the board before they resort to forcing the game to 2/2/2. I hope they would try to put a cap on how much healing a player can receive per second or make stacking healing aura's less effective. The sustain is far to high in this game and it enables the meta.

With that said I haven't really watched much of Stage 2. The one match I saw had Baptise + Bastion on Paris which was kind of broken. I remember watching Seagull about a week ago going up against Bastion + Baptise just in a regular ladder match and his team couldn't break it. If an OWL team can't break it, then on ladder it is pure cancer. Baptise's invulnerability field is going to be toned down eventually and his charge rate on his ultimate is WAY too fast for how powerful it is. If you can hit your shots with Baptise his ultimate charges so insanely fast it is stupid.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I love playing Mei but have done very little of her in comp last few seasons. She is just one of those characters that everyone will blame if it's a loss.

I'm done for the season, I just don't know that I will keep doing comp at all. I know I'm not going to get any higher or at least it feels like I'm at a hard cap.

Capture - Copy (4).JPG

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Er scratch what I said about Element Mystic. They lost some of their members to OWL teams I guess (but not sparkle wtf?), and they are falling into the same trap as the owl teams, trying to play goats vs better goats teams instead of rocking their amazing doomfist.

Bad coaching has really ruined this game as a sport. Go back and watch EnvyUS win apex. Now that was good overwatch. Players just deciding on the fly what to do and confusing the hell out of the overcoached enemy.

Molten Core Raider
Well, of all the features Ive wanted added to Overwatch, this definitely wasn't on the list, but sounds interesting at least. Could be fun

Araxen

I sort of feel like this mode was made to let the community come up with other modes of play because they have ran out of idea's. Who knows maybe someone will make 2CP fun to play on due to the Workshop.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I simply don't understand how companies do not see how beneficial modding is to games.

Dota? Started out as a mod
CS? Started out as a mod
Team fortress? Started out as a mod
Battle royal? Started with a mod

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Also, there has to be a mapping tool in the works or at the very least a scaled down version of the one they use internally.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Especially because Overwatch isn't even a subscription model. Might as well have the players make shit for you and take the best maps and put them in rotation like CS did.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I sort of feel like this mode was made to let the community come up with other modes of play because they have ran out of idea's.

Sounds like a win/win. Prospectively, whether an idea is good or not is not reliably predictable. The best ideas are often the most off-the-wall but somehow magically land in some kind of sweet spot. You need a metric fuckton of bad ideas in order to locate the good ones. Might as well outsource that.

Araxen

Sounds like a win/win. Prospectively, whether an idea is good or not is not reliably predictable. The best ideas are often the most off-the-wall but somehow magically land in some kind of sweet spot. You need a metric fuckton of bad ideas in order to locate the good ones. Might as well outsource that.

It'll also help by enlisting a bunch of people that can think outside the box due to them having no prior experience in creating things like this.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I simply don't understand how companies do not see how beneficial modding is to games.

Dota? Started out as a mod
CS? Started out as a mod
Team fortress? Started out as a mod
Battle royal? Started with a mod

Blizzard gets that. That's why I'd love to see the updated EULA for the workshop.

They've prolly updated it so that in case you invent the next PUBG or Fortnite, that shit is 99.9999% theirs.