Ozark

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ this show.. I'm having chest pains watching Ben's antics in ep9.

Finished Episode 9 just now and was really enjoying this season until all this Ben shit really exploded. Enjoyed the character, his craziness yet saneness around the whole situation. But then he snaps and I just want to murder him myself. It drug everything else that was going on down and we had to listen to him cry and yell at everyone for three episodes. No offense to people suffering from bipolar and shit, but it is not at all what I wanted in Ozark.

Oh, and when he was constantly smacking his food every time he ate... crossed the line.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
They really changed his character in the end, he became a toddler. It was rather jarring, I get he is off his meds, but it seemed too drastic change in overall mental capacity. Not just manic or paranoid, he was acting retarded in the literal sense.

I also didn't like that nobody just talks to Ruth, she was going to be pissed anyway, but part of disarming people pissed about a hard choice is to put the hard choice on them. So what do you want us to do Ruth? He is acting like a child, he is going to get everyone killed. Let her handle it, then you have her shooting him after about 5 mins of putting up with his shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
B- season. Ben was a shitty plot device to get us a dead Helen. He dragged down the whole season.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They really changed his character in the end, he became a toddler. It was rather jarring, I get he is off his meds, but it seemed too drastic change in overall mental capacity. Not just manic or paranoid, he was acting retarded in the literal sense.

I also didn't like that nobody just talks to Ruth, she was going to be pissed anyway, but part of disarming people pissed about a hard choice is to put the hard choice on them. So what do you want us to do Ruth? He is acting like a child, he is going to get everyone killed. Let her handle it, then you have her shooting him after about 5 mins of putting up with his shit.
idk, having been around bipolar people, seems pretty spot on to me. Especially how they kept having the conversation over and over, trying to get the stakes across to him, trying to explain to him that he was putting them in danger. But he can't help himself, he just has to act, he has to call her, he has to fix it, he's so fixated he misses that he basically just killed himself.

• 2Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, he hit it on the nose. You can argue that having him in the first place wasn't great, but the actor/writing for him was really well done.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For sure, agree with that. It just wasn't something I felt needed in this season b/c it was already a strong going.

Much better than season 2 as a whole though, no question. Season 2 was just a mess with the emancipation plot, the gay FBI guy jerking off to recordings, the slowness of everything. Bleh.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Still haven't seen the last episode. But it seems like the brother's job in the plot was to drive a wedge between Ruth and Team Marty. And oh look, there is Darlene, waiting with open arms. Marty's blind spot is that he is so focused on his family, he tends to overlook or downplay when what he is doing impacts other people

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Are we going to have a side plot with Darlene and KC Mafia in a way because that doesn't sound that interesting. Unless they use that to make Ruth understand why Marty did nothing. Marty has no army. Retaliation would have been suicide.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
I thought this season was great, definitely better than season 2. It felt at first like they were forcing Ben into the storyline at first but he did an amazing job and i thought it was fascinating to watch Wendy break down as she realized her only way out was to have him killed.

My main complaints about the season are that the stakes keep getting raised so high, so quickly, that I'm having to suspend my disbelief more and more. I mean, we've got people in a small town getting killed left and right, including two Mexican cartels battling it out in Missouri, the top drug lord getting personally and deeply involved in the Byrde business, corrupt cops, a heroin business, and of course the FBI is aware and involved but just waiting for some proof? And now they are talking about the FBI taking on the rival cartel? And on top of it all, they have virtually every main character hating and forgiving each other at various points. It's a bit exhausting and it's stretching believability, but it's gripping enough for me to overlook.

The issues above keep it firmly below Breaking Bad, for me, because they seemed to have abandoned the "slow burn" for lots of action and plot twists. Still enjoyable, but it probably won't be able to keep up this momentum before the plot collapses.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Like someone said earlier, the Ben arc was too long. They should have condensed it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
bitch got greedy

overall, much better season than the previous one. Brother arc should have only covered about half a season

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
if anything I think they should have had the brother thing go on for longer, but more in the background instead of being such a focus. It's a little hard to buyt he whole star crossed lovers routine from Ruth given their 2 months relationship.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
if anything I think they should have had the brother thing go on for longer, but more in the background instead of being such a focus. It's a little hard to buyt he whole star crossed lovers routine from Ruth given their 2 months relationship.

have you not met a girl who's desperate for D and has daddy issues? She's textbook

Maul

Dental Dammer
Wendy is just annoying and wooden as an actress, cant stand her.

• 1Seriously?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wendy is just annoying and wooden as an actress, cant stand her.

I think that's kind of the point. Like Skylar in BB the character is just written that way and the actress is doing a good job of conveying what the writers want the character to be to the audience.

She thinks she's good at manipulating people, she's not. So she just ends up coming across as a patronizing twat. To both the characters in the show and the audience.

The scene where she gets told what's what by the cartel boss was great.

• 1Solidarity

Maul

Dental Dammer
I think that's kind of the point. Like Skylar in BB the character is just written that way and the actress is doing a good job of conveying what the writers want the character to be to the audience.

She thinks she's good at manipulating people, she's not. So she just ends up coming across as a patronizing twat. To both the characters in the show and the audience.

Thanks alot, I had put Skylar out of my mind for being an untalented cunt, untill this reminder :(

Not to mention she looked like the ABC warrior.

• 1Picard

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I dont think its a coincidence she is a political campaign person by trade. All those people in that field have exceedingly overvalued opinions of their "skills".