Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
best part of Pacific Rim wasn't the robots, it was this bombass little girl

You mean the pedo relationship? Seriously, of all the shit to be authentic Japanese about, I could have lived without the Pedo crap. First movie was terrible, outside of Pearman and Day. I expect this one to be worse, but will still spend money on it because I am borderline gay for Karl Urban.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure in setting myself up, but I don't remember anything having anything to do about pedophilia. You sure you watched the right movie?

• 2Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Maybe 'pedo' as in mako's adult actor didn't look like an adult to phazael?

b74.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still think people seriously overrate the first one. Doubting this one changes my mind about the franchise, either.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would assume that if you just don't "get" why giant robots fighting giant monsters is awesome, part two probably won't do much to help you see the light.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The robots fighting parts in the first film were great. The huge gap between the first robot fight and the second robot fight in conjunction with the horrible comic relief subplot really dragged the entire movie down for me. I wanted the movie to be more serious than it was and we don't really spend any time with the other jaeger pilots before they all get jobbed out.

And of course the films largest problem - the idea that Japan would ever ever ever abandon their EVA program. I get that China is more box office bucks but try to at least make your film believable.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I repeat, the first movie was without flaw. The new teaser was great. I want a Jaeger now. Me times 1000? Fuck yes, I'll spew robot jizz on all you upper crusty motherfuckers.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I enjoyed the first movie a lot but the trailer for this was extremely meh even making allowances for it being just a teaser. If you're going to release something on the weekend of SDCC you better bring your A game if you don't want to get paled in comparison and this got paled hard.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Zero fucking idea what this pedo thing is about either.

If you sat down and did the math on the ages of the rang rang girl and the main "I am Christian Bale Batman" dude, he is like 30 something and she is at most 16. I want to say it was a fuckup on the writer's part, but it is heavily anime inspired, so........

• 1Picard

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you sat down and did the math on the ages of the rang rang girl and the main "I am Christian Bale Batman" dude, he is like 30 something and she is at most 16. I want to say it was a fuckup on the writer's part, but it is heavily anime inspired, so........
Dunno if they said something different in the movie but according to the wiki he is 25 and she is 22.

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Mako_Mori
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Raleigh_Becket
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

She also sure as fuck doesn't look like a little girl to me.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where they screwed up was Idris's character rescuing her was when she was supposedly like three or something. But its not really worth discussing, since there is so much else to mock about that movie. Like I said, I will likely go see the second one, but if its another 2 hours of fighing in the rainy dark and air producing underwater nukes making me pine for more Charile Day, then I will probably walk out in the middle..... and I sat through all of Street Fighter the Movie......

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Where they screwed up was Idris's character rescuing her was when she was supposedly like three or something. But its not really worth discussing, since there is so much else to mock about that movie. Like I said, I will likely go see the second one, but if its another 2 hours of fighing in the rainy dark and air producing underwater nukes making me pine for more Charile Day, then I will probably walk out in the middle..... and I sat through all of Street Fighter the Movie......
The actress was 9 according to IMDB. And the wiki says 10. It's not our fault you see 3 year olds everywhere.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like I said, not worth debating because there are plenty of other things wrong with that movie, both in and out of the context of its anime genre. But fwiw I believe they stated her age at the time of that incident in the movie and how long ago it was, which put her age below 18. Plus if that dude is 24, then I am still in junior high....

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, not worth debating because there are plenty of other things wrong with that movie, both in and out of the context of its anime genre. But fwiw I believe they stated her age at the time of that incident in the movie and how long ago it was, which put her age below 18. Plus if that dude is 24, then I am still in junior high....
Well of course it isn't worth debating since you've completely mis-remembered it, and every bit of official documentation (a simple 5 second Google of "how old is the little girl in Pacific Rim": Mako Mori ) completely contradicts it. It doesn't even matter which source material you choose, they all make her significantly older than your pedo theory.

I hear she's also not really a villain, just misunderstood.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
are you guys seriously debating about the plot in this movie?

this movie has only 2 good things in it:

1. soundtrack
2. fights

everything else from mako mori to charlie day to ron perlman to everything really is utter dog shit

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well of course it isn't worth debating since you've completely mis-remembered it, and every bit of official documentation (a simple 5 second Google of "how old is the little girl in Pacific Rim": Mako Mori ) completely contradicts it. It doesn't even matter which source material you choose, they all make her significantly older than your pedo theory.

I hear she's also not really a villain, just misunderstood.

The fact that someone had to put together a timeline for that means I am not the only one who noticed that. But underage Orientals banging giant robot pilots is as old as the genre itself, dating back to Min May. Maybe you guys will get some tentacle rape in the sequel.

But your right, ambiguous pedo nods are not worth talking about when you have crap like nukes that magically produce air underwater, tiny helicopters hauling a building sized robot around on cables that do not even bend under the weight, and the magical I Win sword button from out of nowhere. That's not even getting into Mexican Orville Redenbacher in the radio room or analog nuclear powered robots.....

• 2Picard