Pacific Rim

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i can't imagine jaeger being anything but self-defense. i hope japs lose though and get completely wiped out. *smirk*

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I watched half an hour of Atlantic Rim. I'm not sure I can do anymore, at least not until I'm extremely intoxicated at least. If I got stoned anymore I'd have to be exceptionally baked to watch the rest.

I stopped after the first big encounter between monsters and mechs. It's possible it is even worse than Syfy originals. Every secondary character literally seems like they could be a candidate for Downs Syndrome, I'm not joking. Two of the chicks are pretty good looking, and that is the only thing that kept me even vaguely interested, but, to paraphrase Grimmlokk's sage words, "If they aren't hangin' beaver, I don't care."

The only thing that could have made this better was if they kept calling Green Robot, Black Robot (cuz it was a black pilot), like this:

I swear, the special effects in that clip are almost as good as Atlantic Rim.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I'm betting... all the nations make their own robots to defend themselves and eventually things are going south (hence the scene with Gipsy Danger getting destroyed) and they all realize they have to work together and attack them or something. So they all gang up on the portal or whatever and the newer US mechs blow up but then a repaired/upgraded Gipsy Danger appears for the rescue. The old gunslinger wins the day. Hooray?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I'm betting... all the nations make their own robots to defend themselves and eventually things are going south (hence the scene with Gipsy Danger getting destroyed) and they all realize they have to work together and attack them or something. So they all gang up on the portal or whatever and the newer US mechs blow up but then a repaired/upgraded Gipsy Danger appears for the rescue. The old gunslinger wins the day. Hooray?
Sounds amazing.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Australia has the uber Jaeger, there is a list of stats, which lists everything. US has the most kills/oldest? Australia is the most powerful, Russia is pretty much a tank, and Japan is the weakest haha. not sure if this is the right ones

Edit- my memory sucks

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...7806139438.jpg
1367806139438.jpg
From what info I have seen posted around, the history seems to be that japan built the first mech and pretty much blew their national reserves to do so. It also had only 1 pilot, which seemed to cause major issues. So they were stuck with what they had and have been making due while other nations took note of all that and built better mechs over time, with Australia coming out with the newest and best so far.

nochrist_sl

shitlord
If ye be so worthy...

Gimme dat!

fucker_sl

shitlord
i agree. the expectation at this point is off the chart

i mean....fuck...they even showed they HAVE a giant fucking sword like a proper giant robot....

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, what a stupid post.

"After Blade II it's his two Hellboy flicks and Pan's Labyrinth. That's it, guys. "

Yeah, two really good movies and two decent ones. So hate on him for not producing abunch of other stuff? Really?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Guilermo Del Toro = the mexican non-union equivalent of Michael Bay

Senorspielbergo.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
Guilermo Del Toro = the mexican non-union equivalent of Michael Bay
Lets look in more detail at this silly statement, using RT since you love it.

Guilermo Del Toro:
Pan's Labyrinth: 96% RT
Hellboy: 81% RT
Hellboy 2: 87% RT
Mimic: 61%
Blade 2: 59%

Michael Bay:
The Rock: 67%
Transformers: 57%
Pain and Gain: 46%

Yeah...