Pacific Rim

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
One interesting thing about this movie is how there aren't any big AAA movie stars in it: no Cruise, Hanks, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Damon, etc. Instead its a bunch of well loved TV actors. I'm going to see it at least once on opening weekend, hopefully it blows every other summer movie out of the water and Hollywood Studios stop greenlighting shit like WWZ/After Earth/Oblivion/etc just because it has a big movie star name attached to it.
I love that they didnt shoehorn in a "AAA" celebrity. They also chose TV actors with Rabid Fanbases. I literally will watch anything with Charlie, Hunnam, Perlman or Bell. Alot of their fans will too. So you get good actors at a reduced cost that bring ticket sales. I want to see some more Blockbusters go this route.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a few girls i know thought that hunnam was thor, i said no that's helmsworth (i thought this might be a connection cuz stringer bell was heimdall, but i'm sure it's cuz they're both good looking long haired blond men). also rinko (the japanese girl) seems to be an acting veteran (she's 31 and been acting every year), so she should be good too.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
a few girls i know thought that hunnam was thor, i said no that's helmsworth (i thought this might be a connection cuz stringer bell was heimdall, but i'm sure it's cuz they're both good looking long haired blond men). also rinko (the japanese girl) seems to be an acting veteran (she's 31 and been acting every year), so she should be good too.
She (Rinko Kikuchi) will also be in Keanu Reeve's "47 Ronin" in December.

Cybsled

Hideo Kojima (Creator of Metal Gear) also gave it the Japanese seal of approval.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Goddammit this is the "superhero movies are not realistic because he just defied all laws of gravity" dicussion all over again...

This is a sci fi movie with giant robots and sea monsters and we're talking physics? Can't we just fucking enjoy a movie for once without nitpicking it to death by using real life laws of science on it? If they wanna punch a seamonster with a rocket powered punch so be it, it works for iron man. They add drama and the "oooh, aaah" factor by using a tanker as a baseball bat? I am all in baby. I just want to enjoy a movie about giant robots fighting sea monsters.

Some say why don't they drop a nuke, well that would be a short fucking movie won't it? Opening scene: "Sir, sea monsters are emerging from the oceans!" *press of a button followed by mushroom clouds*" there ya go, let's go get lunch"......credits.

Seriously guys just enjoy a movie for what it is, it worked with snakes on a plane, or did you expect oscar worthy material there?

Cybsled

Tom Brady needs to say he loves it and Grimmlokk's hatred shall be complete.

fucker_sl

shitlord
first reviews are out. so far is 80% with 10 reviews on rotten

one of the negative reviews point the complain some of us mentioned: every action scene seems to be during night and under the rain

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
first reviews are out. so far is 80% with 10 reviews on rotten

one of the negative reviews point the complain some of us mentioned: every action scene seems to be during night and under the rain
It's cause they have sensitive skin. Easily sunburnt and dried out. So they just come out at night and when its raining!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw it earlier this evening, so good. My favorite movie so far this year. Yes, it's a lot of night time. No, it didn't bother me at all. The actors are all great and the action is amazing, but don't bother seeing it in 3D, it really added nothing noticeable (but it wasn't glaringly bad or anything). Also, Rinko is so hot.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Saw it earlier this evening, so good. My favorite movie so far this year. Yes, it's a lot of night time. No, it didn't bother me at all. The actors are all great and the action is amazing, but don't bother seeing it in 3D, it really added nothing noticeable (but it wasn't glaringly bad or anything). Also, Rinko is so hot.
how did you get to watch it so early ?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have a few friends who get early screening passes fromthiswebsite I think. I'm sure there are other sites too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gofobo is tits. Even here in the media mecca of Pittsburgh I get screener passes for movies pretty often from there. Usually can't make it for various reasons, but the option is there.