Pacific Rim

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
WE ARE THE SWARM.

rrr_img_33683.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Second clip was kind of bad. Exposition masked as dialogue needs decent actors to pull off, and yeah...they didn't do it well.

Edit: And after watching the shipping crates being picked up....I'm still wondering why these things don't carry melee weapons...Like if that elbow rocket had a spear, would have probably been game over!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
that character came off pretty shitty to me from other trailer too.

"WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THEM. "

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
meh every clip I ever watch on late night shows ect look bad/off to me but when I watch it in the movie it comes off fine

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I don't get why you make giant robots who primarily engage monsters in hand to hand combat but don't make melee weapons for most of them. Isn't it just the one robot that can pop out wrist blades or some shit and the rest just fist fight?

fucker_sl

shitlord
Edit: And after watching the shipping crates being picked up....I'm still wondering why these things don't carry melee weapons...Like if that elbow rocket had a spear, would have probably been game over!
Yeah I don't get why you make giant robots who primarily engage monsters in hand to hand combat but don't make melee weapons for most of them. Isn't it just the one robot that can pop out wrist blades or some shit and the rest just fist fight?
check this video at 3:08. Unless i confuse the design, that's Gypsy Danger. So GD, the Australian and China are confirmed to have melee weapons

Japan has fucking shoulder cannons. No idea about Russian

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
check this video at 3:08. Unless i confuse the design, that's Gypsy Danger. So GD, the Australian and China are confirmed to have melee weapons

Good, because after we fist fought the gorillas and lions for control of this planet I'd hate to see us use weapons against lesser threats like these mega monsters...

Siliconemelons

I need to find it, but it was an interview with the director about this movies use of practical effects and the movable - waterproof soundstage they made, along with actual resistance armor pullys etc etc... that alone made me want to throw my money at this movie... it was on youtube... I am sure one of you internet badasses will find it before me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Oh my god, it has WRIST BLADES? WAHOIDAWHDOIGHQA2orgaohrdawhdawdackzd ok I'm spent.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe it's just that they lost the weapon, and had to improvise and what not...But it's going to bug the shit out of me every time I see them using their fists, or using make shift weapons (Like storage cars)...If they've got the technology to build the robot, I'm sure they could build a large spiked warhammer--right? From what I read, the Australian robot uses carbon-fiber blades. So why don't they just mass produce carbon fire spiked clubs? That shit worked against armored knights for a reason. Or hell, at least spears, or knives...

Meh, I'm really going to try to enjoy this as an action movie...but that's really going to get to me fast unless it's explained in some plausible way. (And yeah, supposedly all the fists have some kind of offensive weapon on them, like the Russian one can electrocute....But then that doesn't explain using improvised weapons.)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
And from the trailer it doesn't look exactly like they throw punches as much as use rockets in their elbows to launch their fist into the face of the monsters. That works well enough for me.

Cybsled

I imagine bladed weapons find their use, but severe blunt force injuries can work just as well depending on the target.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I can't see Charlie Day as anybody other than Charlie; I can't see Elba as anyone other than Stringer Bell.