Pacific Rim

Caliane

del toro seems to be quite prolific, but he's only made a couple of good movies. i wanted to like pacific rim but it felt like a michael bay knockoff all the way through.
as a director? hes only made a few movies.

Chronos, Mimic, The devil's backbone, Blade 2, Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy2, Pacific rim.

He has produced alot. But you never really know how much input a producer has just at a glance.

Golt_sl

shitlord
This movie was fucking awesome, the people complaining I have no idea what they expected. If you saw the trailers and liked what you saw, this is a movie for you. Action was top notch and a lot of fun, great CGI and special effects. Even in the 'downtime' between some fights I was still engaged in the movie. Definitely the movie of the summer to see.

Edited to add: that 15-20 minutes number is off, there's plenty of "action" even outside of fighting - like some of these kaiju tearing up the cities, backdrops of the destruction. It's way more than 20 minutes, gtfo with that kind of number

Disp_sl

shitlord
This movie was fucking awesome, the people complaining I have no idea what they expected. If you saw the trailers and liked what you saw, this is a movie for you.
That's exactly what my problem is. I saw the trailers, loved what I saw, and that's the movie I was hoping to see. Then I actually watched the movie and there was only 20 minutes of it.

Cybsled

It's just the pacing...there is a gap between the Sydney attack and the portal plan in terms of battles for the most part.

I saw the movie and liked it. You could also hear Glados just fine except for like 2 scenes.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
20 minutes of action? Fucking lol... I saw it for a second time today, and I'd put it closer to 40-50 minutes of action (if not pure robot/monster fighting, it was monster/city etc). Movie was even better the second time seeing it in an actual movie theater w/ IMAX screen.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
who cares if americans are to stupid to watch this over adam sandler dreck. it will crush in asia.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Hopefully Del Toro (or whatever his name is) directs the third Hellboy because of this movie.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The news about grownups being number is sad not because it beat pacific rim but it means that hollywood will continue to make adam sandler movies. God help us.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think the GU2 will drop off fast though where PR will have more sustained movie power.
Last time I was at a movie was 2007 I am Legend , my father and I went while we were on vacation together, we'll be seeing PR this next week or week after, given his health and age probably last one we'll see together.
That is our confidence in the film.

20 minutes of action? Fucking lol... I saw it for a second time today, and I'd put it closer to 40-50 minutes of action (if not pure robot/monster fighting, it was monster/city etc). Movie was even better the second time seeing it in an actual movie theater w/ IMAX screen.
I saw it for second time today? LOL whatz?

Omg do you need some meds mate?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I went with a friend that isn't even remotely into giant robot/monster style movies. We both loved it. There was tons of action and it was really well done. In addition to that we both felt the movie did a great job of creating tension, it really gave the impression humanity was on the brink. Fantastic movie, if you miss it you will regret it.

Triangular_sl

shitlord
i wish mako wasn't in this movie.
or i wish Becket wasn't a chivalrous dipshit.
otherwise, cool story bro.

lots of japanese tropes but lul toro wanted animu faggots. fuck. didn't go full romance. think that was the saving grace. cheered when they didn't kiss.

good shit.