Pacific Rim

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not really. He can change size freely, yes, infact he often appears Celestial size during many cosmic battles (like in Thanos Imperative) but 25/30m is his normal size. He becomes smaller only when extremely weak
Yeah I was off, 30' would be the baby size, not meters. Though 100ish feet is still a wimpy version=P

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They can shit on Imperial measurements all they like, but our way of listing a date makes sense from a language perspective. You say it is "November 1st, 2013", not "It is the 1st of November, 2013". In fact, saying "It is the 1st of November, 2013" would make you sound like an asshole.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Movie was awesome. For not really spoiler questions for those who were asking:

-Yes they have weapons, both melee/ranged
-No the trailer does not spoil ALL the battles, the whole ending sequence isn't shown whatsoever (and its a long sequence)
-Yes all the fights are at night/rain/dark. However I had no problem seeing anything as there was ample lighting in every scene even if at night/underwater/raining. There is a single exception for the Australian Jaeger during the day, but you see the end of it during the trailers.
-Yes the acting is weak from everyone (but Stringer Bell imho), and the plot is kinda pants on head, but fuck that, the movie delivers on what it is supposed to and the battles had my heart pounding even during the fights you see during the trailers.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can shit on Imperial measurements all they like, but our way of listing a date makes sense from a language perspective. You say it is "November 1st, 2013", not "It is the 1st of November, 2013". In fact, saying "It is the 1st of November, 2013" would make you sound like an asshole.
7TZQnsp.jpg

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I was in my FLGS yesterday and saw the Pacific Rim Heroclix. Gypsy Danger model had two serrated blades attached to its forearms so I imagine that's in the movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it. It is exactly what you're all expecting pretty much, and I don't want to spoil anything (although there isn't really a lot to spoiler, you're going to see it all coming a mile away).

I did, however, have one complaint, and it is a total nerd complaint (and doesn't spoil anything). I was extremely disappointed at the severe lack of GLADOS. I almost think she was in the previews more than the actual movie. There were several times when you could tell she was talking, but it was drowned out by other noise so you couldn't hear a thing she was saying. There was one particular humorous moment, but other than that she was really only distinctly audible a couple of times, and they were nothing special.

Obviously that's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I was kind of looking forward to hearing her a lot more since they obviously went to the trouble of getting someone special for the voice. I just don't really understand getting someone like that and then drowning out almost everything she says to the point where it could have been anyone.

fucker_sl

shitlord
ok...that's an interesting question Vvoid. why bother to pick her ? Considering how much Glados is known in the jeek/nerd community (the main audience for this movie) i thought she was going to be an important character somehow

i guess it was just a marketing choise

/sadface

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Could it have been how the theater sound system was configured? I haven't seen it yet but I have been in theaters where things get drowned out, then watched the movie again in a different theater and heard it clearly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dude at work (total movie geek) saw this last night in IMAX and he recommended it highly for me to see it with the kids. So I think im gonna do a IMAX run this weekend.

Saw this last night. All the posters have been spot on with the reviews. I definitely recommend seeing it.

I was pleasantly surprised that all the actions scenes were well lit. And there's none of that shaky cam blurry bullshit here. Guillermo did a good job on the directing. The CGI is fantastic and looks great. There's no gritty realistic crap here.

Not much plot to speak of. It's totally predictable anyways. I didn't care about any of the characters, but no one in the movie seemed to care either so w/e.

Don't think too hard about the physics or anything else.

Ok couple nitpicky things I couldn't not think about
When the monster knocked out all the electronics and just sat and stared at the father/son mech instead of tearing it up like it just got done doing to the first two.
Why did the jager punch things instead of using the sword in the first place? Can it not use it until its in trouble? *rabble rabble rabble*

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Does this remind you of Gundam? If so, is it as good or better than? I love me some Gundam. Wing & Seed were the shit.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just saw it. It is very similar t Neon Genesis Evangelion in terms of tone. Great fun and I fully expect the Japanese box office total for this to be staggering.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I had no problem at all hearing GLaDOS, was probably your theatre
It's possible, but I'm mainly talking about scenes where actors were actually talking to each other, and GLADOS would be saying something in the background, but the actor's dialogue was what you were supposed to be paying attention to, so GLADOS was almost impossible to make out (on purpose). That happened like a dozen times. Other times she was supposed to be distinctly heard, and of course that was fine, but those were what, like 5 times maybe? I'm just saying that if you're going to have someone that recognizable, they should have used her a lot more than they actually did. I was actively listening for her, and it didn't seem like many times at all.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The director did mention that they tweaked the Valve Glados filter so it wasn't as jarring/in your face Glados. He mentioned it was really distracting to people familiar with Portal, so maybe they tweaked the audio mix for release.

fucker_sl

shitlord
The director did mention that they tweaked the Valve Glados filter so it wasn't as jarring/in your face Glados. He mentioned it was really distracting to people familiar with Portal, so maybe they tweaked the audio mix for release.
seriously? they bother to bring her aboard then they worry her presence will be too strong ?