Pacific Rim

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Whats so racist about that? Mexicans are world renowned as this planet's premier fence hoppers

Oldbased

> Than U
In the wiki( talks about the graphic novel and directors thoughts. He mentions a Mexican Jaeger and wanted to include them and many more of the country/Jaegers into the movie but said in the end time limitations prevented many nations from being shown and a few only had short appearances/flash backs. Hell even Chile had a Jaeger and the US had like 10 different types at one time, but as far as Mexico goes one of the ones they had was the Matador Fury.
Matador Fury - Pacific Rim Wiki

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matador Fury is piloted by two ex-convicts

Racist.
Racist, or a brilliant commentary on the industrialized prison system and the amount of potentially talented human beings wasting away in there due to corrupt laws designed more to keep thebusinessof prison running than to truly help society?

Layers inside of layers. Even the things they couldn't fit in the movie really make you think about the world we live in.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Racist, or a brilliant commentary on the industrialized prison system and the amount of potentially talented human beings wasting away in there due to corrupt laws designed more to keep thebusinessof prison running than to truly help society?

Layers inside of layers. Even the things they couldn't fit in the movie really make you think about the world we live in.
inception.jpg

Itzena_sl

shitlord
In the wiki( talks about the graphic novel and directors thoughts. He mentions a Mexican Jaeger and wanted to include them and many more of the country/Jaegers into the movie but said in the end time limitations prevented many nations from being shown and a few only had short appearances/flash backs. Hell even Chile had a Jaeger and the US had like 10 different types at one time, but as far as Mexico goes one of the ones they had was the Matador Fury.
Matador Fury - Pacific Rim Wiki
Shame they didn't film this; Danny Trejo would have been amazing as a Jaeger pilot.

fucker_sl

shitlord
woah....that wiki is great. And it helps to make the movie look much worse.

i mean, i read the wiki....and everything makes much more sense. The alien strategy, how the arriving of category 3 and 4 changed everything (multiple times a single category 4 was able to destroy 2 jaeger), how we were basically killing ourself using nuclear weapons against the kaiju etc etc...everything looks much more coherent and don't give you the idea they created the story out of a 15 mins meeting

the movie spent fucktons of times on boring characters and conversations instead of showing us the "lore"

just remove those 2 fucking scientists and the black market guy and you have 20/30 more minutes to actually show us something interesting

fuck hollywood and the need of comic reliefs in every damn movie

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
woah....that wiki is great. And it helps to make the movie look much worse.

i mean, i read the wiki....and everything makes much more sense. The alien strategy, how the arriving of category 3 and 4 changed everything (multiple times a single category 4 was able to destroy 2 jaeger), how we were basically killing ourself using nuclear weapons against the kaiju etc etc...everything looks much more coherent and don't give you the idea they created the story out of a 15 mins meeting

the movie spent fucktons of times on boring characters and conversations instead of showing us the "lore"

just remove those 2 fucking scientists and the black market guy and you have 20/30 more minutes to actually show us something interesting

fuck hollywood and the need of comic reliefs in every damn movie
yeah, i really hated the Charlie Day and Ron Perlman parts. it's garbage