Pacific Rim

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
There isnt a single logical aspect to this movie - starting first with the preposterous notion that to fight sea monsters, you need a 2,000 ton robot piloted by 2 pilots who need to be neurally linked.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There isnt a single logical aspect to this movie - starting first with the preposterous notion that to fight sea monsters, you need a 2,000 ton robot piloted by 2 pilots who need to be neurally linked.
Are you really stupid enough to think they could possibly do it withOUT the neural link? I knew you were stupid but you can't be that stupid.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never trolled. You came in to a thread about highly advanced robotics combating an alien species you either didn't take the time or just lacked the capacity to even vaguely understand and got owned at every turn. It's fine, not everyone can handle movies this complex. Go make your next faggoty "controversial" thread and move on.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frankly I'm pretty sick of you assuming anyone with a different opinion from yours about a deeply complex film like this must be trolling, just because you can't seem to comprehend the subtleties. If you just want to obsess over minor quibbles that have already been explained to you in the simplest possible terms rather than embrace the larger story and it's scathing indictment of bureaucracy, jingoism, and the military industrial complex that's fine, but you really shouldn't project your biases on the film.

Maybe take off your cynic goggles for a couple hours and try to sit down and truly absorb art for once.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Frankly I'm pretty sick of you assuming anyone with a different opinion from yours about a deeply complex film like this must be trolling, just because you can't seem to comprehend the subtleties. If you just want to obsess over minor quibbles that have already been explained to you in the simplest possible terms rather than embrace the larger story and it's scathing indictment of bureaucracy, jingoism, and the military industrial complex that's fine, but you really shouldn't project your biases on the film.

Maybe take off your cynic goggles for a couple hours and try to sit down and truly absorb art for once.
Come on, bro.

You're way overselling it, you dont need to shill for this movie. You're better than this.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is the bottom line... it's fun to talk about the meta issues with movies. however, if you see this movie and simply can't enjoy it despite it's issues, then you missed the point of the movie.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes... BUT! it was still fun to watch.

EDIT: Ok I see this was posted already a few pages back but worth re-watching.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When they ask the asians if the robots are anatomically correct they simply say the black man is in charge and no one brings it up again.

Similarly why would anyone ask if white dude is 'compatible' with the hot asian chick who has a tragic backstory

spronk

FPS noob

ytx737A.gif

A+++ critical analysis of the movie; very informative and substantive exposing hidden currents I had not previously contemplated.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this is the bottom line... it's fun to talk about the meta issues with movies. however, if you see this movie and simply can't enjoy it despite it's issues, then you missed the point of the movie.
Oh i enjoyed it (as sickening as it was to admit). I even.. watched it again like 4 times. I'm pretty disgusted with myself.

But it doesnt take away from my criticisms.

Column_sl

shitlord
Where were all the Mexicans in this??? I can't go two feet without stepping on a Mexican, and there was NONE in this film.